• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
unfortunately I dont have a portable Tv anymore =*(
but even if we cant set up bb, whos complaining about smash!!! =)

tsizzinc

Smash Rookie
ok fest in boulder!!! come to 1121 11th st boulder co, with a wii and Tim i got those ppl covered. i have 3 places that ppl can spend the night. just pass my number around!

I'll solve everyone's problems, dave you need a sniper???

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So, uhh, three smashfests tomorrow?

Boulder, Denver, and The Springs? >___>

Fino

Smash Master
Looks lke if NM and Vegas deconfirmed all we have left is a relentless onslaught of Metaknights coming from the West :/
You mean... the east? Don't feel bad, we're only bringing 5 =D
original, blue, green, red, and pink ;o
white can't make it
brofist isn't in my brocabulary, all I've got are bro-buttholedives.
Gah I love those
you're not a bro if you don't have calluses in your butthole

Hunger looking mad cute right now
That.
Is.
Hot.
*bro-buttholedives*
Happy Birthday Tim, you old ****.

Too bad I can't see you for it...

=/
stop crying and get a car you cunt <3

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I second this motion Lolz.

Jiggs for top tier?(you knew this would come eventually)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261956

I'd like to smash at Tim's or Roman's. I definitely won't be going to a fest in NorCO or the Springs.
Top should be

Fox
Marth
Jiggs
Sheik

its REALLY REALLY hard to kinda measure these guys between each other because they're all so gay, kinda like how MvC2s god tier is

Sent
Storm
Magneto
Cable

and those guys are absolutely above the rest of the cast.

it should be generally accepted that these guys(Fox, Marth, Jiggs, Sheik) have very very slight difference in tier placing but for the sake of me putting them in order this is how id do it. heres how i would break it down

Fox - he has the fastest most broken move that not only has a diagonally down knockback but it also clashes with just about everything which is the shine. and pretty much the fastest every other move as well. speed is absolutely key in today's metagame, like those matches i played vs tony's doc for example, when i use marth he can simply shield anything i throw out aside from grabs and he can wavedash out of shield to punish. this doesnt apply simply to doc but everyone can wd oos marth's smashes or simply wait for opportunities. while when i play fox it is significantly easier because i can just run away if i miss a usmash or grab or i can open with drill/nair into shine into wd out of shine for free pressure and a free getaway. and although he gets comboed and gimped pretty easily by everyone all his speed and shine more than makes up for it. His recovery is somewhat limited but he has 2 of them, and he can use both

Marth - best grab range and arguably best throws. best dashdance(this makes a whole lot of difference btw). best edgeguard on the stage and on the ledge. amazing at gimping. tipper. when recovering he really only has one chance to side b all the way back to the stage but once he gets in range to be able to UpB to the ledge/on the stage he's relatively safe because its extremely fast and is disjointed.

Jiggs - now shine may be the overall best move but it really shines(pun intended) off the stage where its gimping properties come to play(and not just the sheer speed of it). REST however, is good ANYWHERE ON THE STAGE, its why she's so broken, no matter where you are on the stage, there is always a chance you're going to lose a stock because of her rest. puff also has hands down the greatest off the stage edgeguarding i mean she has 5 pretty long jumps which nets her **** near infinite mobility and all her aerials + pound have ridiculous priority giving her free reign of the air space within a match. but, she gets outgayed by marth's disjointed hitbox spacing and laser camping from fox and suffers from being extremely light and dying at low percents. also, good luck edgeguarding her although it does happen every once in a while.

Sheik - i was going to type more about her but i can just conclude that she has all the properties of the top3 just to a lesser extent. she's fast(movement and attack speed), has pretty easy time gimping, has a disrupting/gimping projectile, and strong throws. she gets comboed pretty easily though and her recovery leaves something to be desired.

then from there we can have high tier which IMO should go

Peach
Falco
ICs
Doc
Falcon

id post the rest but i dont remember the other characters so i'd have a hard time putting who where because maybe id miss a character

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Sorry to hear NM and Vegas that you can't make it. Well, we have some big events coming up very soon so you will have time to make it to those.

Time - Drama is correct but I will say not for this side of the fence. I think things are coming together well for the community but there is some things that still need to happen

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Is it really Tim's Birfday?!

Well I don't think I can Smash today. I haven't slept! Plus I'm Shin's Little errand boy today -__-

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'd rather the title be Colorado Drama Scene needs Smash.
I can do this, if everyone's cool wif it.

I second this motion Lolz.

Jiggs for top tier?(you knew this would come eventually)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261956

I'd like to smash at Tim's or Roman's. I definitely won't be going to a fest in NorCO or the Springs.
Not even.

She just had good game vs toptiers.

Use Ganon, he *****.
Or pick YL/Link and run away throwing **** till it's killing percent. Biggest problem Link players seem to have is going for grabs. Play without them, and Jiggz has a harder time punishing openings.
Or pick Doc. Pill+dthrow>whatever, and then she's pretty much @ killing percents. If she misses a rest, she's dead after 10% on almost any stage. If she's on YS, she dies immediately. Don't go near the edge, and what's she gonna do?
Marth does pretty well vs her.
Sheik does well, but is scurred of rest and dthrow combos.
Falcon does well, as long as he doesn't get greedy/doesn't approach her near the edge
Peach does alright, doesn't quite ****/get *****
Pikachu actually does okay, as long as he doesn't get cornered

Her edgeguards are pretty amazing, and rest is broken despite having a 5 second cooldown, but Jiggz has too many match-ups where she can be gimmicked/gayed to death for her to be toptier.

Def top of high, though. And she's great for tournaments cuz she's not too technical and you can just zone vs weaker players and raaaaape. If they dun know the match-up, you can get away with stupid ****, but when all is said and done, she's got a few too many disadvantage/even match-ups to be top.

Right now, I'd go with

Marth/Fox
Sheik

Top/High

Falco

High

Jiggz
Peach (not sure if she should be here or w/ Falco)
ICs (same as jiggz. Can ****, can get gayed, tho)
Ganon
Luigi? (can be gayed pretty reliably, it seems, but has that luuuuuuck)

Mid

Samus/Doc (not sure who is better)
Mario
Link

Low

DK
Pika
YL
Zelda
GaW (crappy shield, but can put the pain on FFers/random chars)
Roy

Low/Bottom

Yoshi
Ness

Bottom

Bowser
Mew2

Fail

Pichu/Kirby

But I'm all tired and stuff, so parts of it I prolly won't agree with in 3 hours.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
I can do this, if everyone's cool wif it.

Marth/Fox
Sheik

Top/High

Falco

High

Jiggz
Peach (not sure if she should be here or w/ Falco)
ICs (same as jiggz. Can ****, can get gayed, tho)
Ganon
Luigi? (can be gayed pretty reliably, it seems, but has that luuuuuuck)

Mid

Samus/Doc (not sure who is better)
Mario
Link

Low

DK
Pika
YL
Zelda
GaW (crappy shield, but can put the pain on FFers/random chars)
Roy

Low/Bottom

Yoshi
Ness

Bottom

Bowser
Mew2

Fail

Pichu/Kirby

But I'm all tired and stuff, so parts of it I prolly won't agree with in 3 hours.

AHEM!

C.Falcon?????

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
3 things.

1) Dylan, do you have things figured out tomorrow? If it turns out Dan is driving you, CALL ME BY MIDNIGHT TONIGHT, 720-281-0625 (Don't call between 2 and 2:50 please, i'm in class then) I WILL PICK YOU UP. It's bull**** that Dan would have to drive that far.

2) TONY/NITE/WHOEVER - Do I need to bring a cube for meleez?

3) DAN. If I go to this (aka if i'm taking dylan, because i'm not feeling super amazing yet but i'm well enough to take him), we're playing mad Blazblue friendlies.

THAT GOES FOR THE REST OF YOU TOO.

k off to eat lunch and try to keep it down.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
3 things.

1) Dylan, do you have things figured out tomorrow? If it turns out Dan is driving you, CALL ME BY MIDNIGHT TONIGHT, 720-281-0625 (Don't call between 2 and 2:50 please, i'm in class then) I WILL PICK YOU UP. It's bull**** that Dan would have to drive that far.

3) DAN. If I go to this (aka if i'm taking dylan, because i'm not feeling super amazing yet but i'm well enough to take him), we're playing mad Blazblue friendlies.

1. That'd be much appreciated.

2. More cubes, the merrier :3 I'm trying to find my AV cables for my cube...

3. For sure!

EDIT: Praying for you, bud.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
sooo bb and smash today confirmed at tims?...after hes done with daily quintessentials of course
or are we gonna pool our butts up to tcs and stand at the door in the cold with the door unlocked again?

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Tiers...........smash today?

We'd better Mother F'ing smash today if El Rafa says he wants to smash XD

Roman - stop being Shin's b17ch, you've been with hanging out with her for a week or so now

Tim - you can has smash today?

Marth
Fox
Sheik

Top/High(depending on whether you want 3 or 4 in top tier)
Jiggz

High

Peach
Falco
ICs
Falcon
Ganon

Mid
Luigi/Doc...Luigi is hands down better with luck, doc is better without luck
Samus
Mario
Link

I think all of the character lower on the tier list than this get chaingrabbed by sheik except zelda and kirby.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
People should hit me up ASAP for smash. First to call me gets me!

3 things.

Can you gimme a ride, too? I ~think~ I'm on the way.

ppfftt im going down to colorado springs for their smashfest, i wanna play the new guy steam and his lucario
I would also accept a ride from you, good sir.

===

Rafa, I think we're gonna try to have a Melee side-tourney tomorrow. You should look into it, mmhmm.

Oh, and put CF right below ICs. He's good, but gets gimped/screwed.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Alright...so...time to clarify?

Dan: It seems like at this point a ride from you will not be neccessary. <3 so much for the offer. Legit.

TC may or may not be going. If he is, I'll sleep over there an bus to the event with him.

Tranz: am I even kinda on your way? If so, I ride would be MUCH appreciated. Would that include a ride home?

So...I work today until 9. After that I might be heading to boulder to smash with DOP and TC and others...If I do it would be to sleep over and go with them. If I was in Boulder would I be more on the way Tranz?

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Ugh. I'm going to half to withdraw my offers.

I've thrown up 7 times since lunch. I didn't go to my 2 class, i'm way more sick than I thought...time to go call el medico.

Gl everyone tomorrow. I haven't been this sick in a while T_T

Top Bottom