• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

r3d d09

Smash Master
@r3d:

MW2 is all about if you're on a good team or bad team.

On a good team, me going 33-5 is normal
on a bad team, 10-6/7 is average.

I like the game because it's kinda relaxing to play and mind numbing.

I hated halo, there's soo much lag.
mw2 is scrubs, kids say to mommies, buy me this game so in campaign in can kill people in airports.

but really, all i do is knife or just headshot people.
me on any team while i knife. 20+/4-3.

i PUG everything, and i was talking about halo 2. halo 3 is garbage.

i don't take this game serious at all. i only play it because my friend is borrowing my xbox and made me activate my 1 month card. i make people rage quit.

i can see how the game is fun, but i'm not that into it. first night it was because first time playing an fps in about 2 years and nice knowing i still wreck every person that plays a game that they think they're good at.

it's a good concept. level by play is a great success. obvious because of WoW. but games that have amazing competition are level by skill.

blah. don't get me started on FPS games. coming from an ex sponsored player. playing with scrubs on my team and thinking they have common sense is failblog worthy xD

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I think I'm grumpy cuz of the financial situations I always find myself in (mainly my fault)+ the need to prove myself. I'm starting to realize that when you "want" to prove yourself, you do well (or I do), but when you "need" to, you collapse, and get stressed as a result.

A perfect example is when I'm playing you/Dan/Eric in BB. I "want" to prove myself, but don't need to, so I tend to do better. Esp. vs you, since you know fully well what I'm capable of. Meanwhile, when I play Jamz, I feel a "need" to beat him, so I get all aggro/stupid, and get pissy when I lose, cuz I really really want him to know I know what he's up to, esp since I've known him for AGES.

In reverse, Kenny and I have played each other for years in Melee, so I don't feel the need to prove myself to him. Buuuuuuuuut if I lose to someone like Ferdi, I start to get salty/frustrated, since I normally know what I'm doing wrong, but muscle memory keeps me from punishing him/not doing stupid **** (i.e. techrolling EXACTLY where he expects me to be, normally towards the stage).

But mainly, it's the whole financial thing. That bugs the **** outta me non-stop, and I tend to have a hard time motivating myself to work a job I already know Imma hate. I need to work on being optimistic and less willing to give in to my desires.

I tried singing the Goldfinger cover of 99 Red Ballooons twice now, but even when I'm drunk, I'm embarrassed.

r3d d09

Smash Master
you guys talk about the most pointless stuff >.> no wonder the post count is so high. haha. better than my state though. that thread isn't really active. and i don't like the mod >.> i should be a mod :D

lol at ryyudo avi, and ninjavideo.net love this site <3

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Sing Raindrop Keep Fallin' On My Head!

Next question: Are you a weeaboo?
That song isn't singworthy. We should do karaoke tomorrow, mmhmm.

No, not by any stretch of the imagination. The only time I watch anime is when it has to do with a game (normally fighting) that I play, and that's only to make me want to learn characters/keep my drive for improving. The main reason I like Japan is because they're one of the few countries that still respects America (despite how ******** our general pop. is). The only real reason I want to go to Japan is because of Mike's (elvenshadow, you know him) blog. That, and it would be really really REALLY nice to not hear people ***** about white people being the majority/controlling the country. I had a speech class run two semesters ago by a white **** that did NOTHING but ***** about the "white privilege" that us white males enjoy. Worst part of the class? I was the ONLY white male in the ENTIRE class. Best part? Black guy acknowledged that being a white guy wasn't all it was cracked up to be in his final speech. So ****ing sick of people *****ing about "white privilege". Esp white women. They can suck a ****. Not mine, though, they'd prolly contaminate it with their stupidity.

Though if a Japanese chick EVER makes those ****ing pigsqueal sounds while we're doin' stuff, Imma beat the ***** to death and never look back. Srsly Japan, how is the sound of a woman in pain attractive by ANY stretch of the imagination?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Though if a Japanese chick EVER makes those ****ing pigsqueal sounds while we're doin' stuff, Imma beat the ***** to death and never look back. Srsly Japan, how is the sound of a woman in pain attractive by ANY stretch of the imagination?
This made me laugh my *** off, btw.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
You and me both... and I'm Japanese :/

Maybe JCDVEGDEG can shed some light..

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
You and me both... and I'm Japanese :/

Maybe JCDVEGDEG can shed some light..
There's no light to be shed. Simply put, the Japanese seriously get off on the whole "male dominance" thing.

I mean, it's fun and all, but where's the fun in only you having fun? Might as well keep girls out of the equation if that's your goal, knamean?

The best part about Japanese male dominance is that, more often than not, the WOMAN runs the household behind the scenes. Like... the male does a LOT of work, and SEEMS to run the family, but the woman frequently has last say on ALL decisions. It's like African culture, only they admit to being a matriarchal society. I still blame us for Japan's condition. Try dropping two nukes on ANY country, and see if tentacle **** doesn't do it for them afterwords.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I had a speech class run two semesters ago by a white **** that did NOTHING but ***** about the "white privilege" that us white males enjoy. Worst part of the class? I was the ONLY white male in the ENTIRE class.
lols

Did someone say mw2 :)
My basic internet excursion around MW2 for today was this:

http://www.grcade.com/viewtopic.php?t=2217

Stumble comments say something about a setting in MW2.

Then this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster

Then this thread. Then Youtube to look for this scene in the game, which was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcoxRpOutN0

Which was six minutes of a game I didn't find exciting at all. :/

The end.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Japanese men are freaks, we all know.
Japanese girls are not to attractive anyways, cute sometimes. But they like cry, even when there having normal sex.
Japan is just a whole new world I suppose.
They are in financial crisis as well, I wonder how they plan on making it out of this mess.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Halo is pretty fun. It's like Brawl, in that it revolves around set-ups. I still like TS more, but Halo isn't too shabby.

It seems that (lol, going back to race) white guys LOVE FPS games. I dunno why. I've always been more partial to games like Ace Combat 4 (and my MM still stands for SF64), anyway. Shame about my vision. I might have joined the military if I could fly combat planes. =(

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not a big fan of FPS games.

I mean, I'll play them, but they're not the kind of games that I get super excited for when they come out. Every FPS is just a variation of "aim and press R2."

Hell, I used to be way into Halo. I was **** good at it. But then I started to get bored of it because all I had been playing were FPS games since there seemed to be a giant influx of nothing but FPS games. Now I only play it every once in awhile for kicks (and still destroy the majority of people without trying too hard).

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
There's no light to be shed. Simply put, the Japanese seriously get off on the whole "male dominance" thing.

Try dropping two nukes on ANY country, and see if tentacle **** doesn't do it for them afterwords.

I'm Bob Dole and I approve of this message.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
It is when jets and different types of planes come down to Lowry airforce base for a air show. I missed last years, but I went the year before that with some friends, its awesome! You should go, I believe the next one is this summer.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wanna tag with me, Roman? I'd love to go, but I hate going to pretty much anything alone. I love anything to do with flying, so that'd be tight.

Roman for most improved Melee player of 2k10. Believe it! He beat Ferdi with Luigi! :D

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Guile Wins!

And yeah, our thread rocks, because it's just stupid =D

I played that game today. Except it was Balrog Wins. :( There was a lot of "NOOOOOOOO NOOOOO NOooooo nooo..." to be had. He grabbed me out of mid-air when I hit him with an attack. Before hitstun was done, I swear!

Then I hit him with a jab combo, which he manged to jump out of. The combo counted it, but he flew back like he got hit out of midair on the second hit. So I missed my upkicks and got super'd :(.

Also, for all you old-schoo cats out there: Nickelodeon Arcade hilarity!

^- Super late response due to playing Vampire Savior.

I love my avatar too, it has Deejay!

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Yeah Tony, lets go! I'll let you know when it happens.

I also beat Jeris's Luigi with my Falcon :D

With a falcon Puncccccccch.

But I'm still slipping up :(

The only reason why I might seem to be the best, is cause I been around for like...3 years, just off and on. Haha

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah Tony, lets go! I'll let you know when it happens.

I also beat Jeris's Luigi with my Falcon :D

With a falcon Puncccccccch.

But I'm still slipping up :(

The only reason why I might seem to be the best, is cause I been around for like...3 years, just off and on. Haha
Luigi v Falcon is actually one of like... 3 matchups vs Luigi that's cool

The rest, you hafta play hella gay. ALWAYS assume the misfire is coming.

jiggz v uff is tight.

You seem the best outta the newcomers cuz you play kenny/me constantly. With comp like that, you're bound to improve.x

Tho Ferdi is the best. I wish he wouldn't sandbag v me in tournament (srsly ICvs Peach? C'mon Ferdi).

I only lose to
Ferdi (sometimes)
Jeris (always, lucky fvcking misfires. Still my fault, for letting it get to last stock)
LoVo (I need to play gay vs him. I always stop cuz he's Link, then LoVo beats me cuz he's good)
Mikezor/Nite (I got nervous/Nite's good) - Seriously, need to get 4th place to stop haunting me

in Melee.

I'd really like to start beating Ferdi w/o him sandbagging. Dunno why he keeps trying ICs vs me, since his Marth would ****.

We should do a RR sometime soon.

Also, I'd REALLY like Roman/UL/Moblin/Sam to start playing each other, since I think they'd grow really fast w/ my/Ferdi's coaching if they were to play people on their level from time-time.
Yang, I'd really like to coach you vs not Marth, soz you can **** other chars as hard as you do Marf (given that you'd permit it). You have Marth dittoes down to a science, but I feel like you'd be a lot more formidable if you weren't so formulaic.

Mind that I've had waaaaaaaaaaaay too much alcohol, so this may not apply in the morning. But you have Azen syndrome in that you always do what's right, so doing the worsst possible thing to avoid your counters sometimes works. I dunno, tho, dun take me srly.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I'd really like to start beating Ferdi w/o him sandbagging. Dunno why he keeps trying ICs vs me, since his Marth would ****.
was that the last time we actually had a melee tournament? cause right now i couldnt even DREAM of playing ICs against you since i'd play marth or fox without a doubt(they're just way more fun and way easier). and maybe switch to sheik if i feel like im in trouble and need an ace

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
was that the last time we actually had a melee tournament? cause right now i couldnt even DREAM of playing ICs against you since i'd play marth or fox without a doubt(they're just way more fun and way easier). and maybe switch to sheik if i feel like im in trouble and need an ace
That's like... every time we've played in tournament. I dunno why, but you always go ICs vs me. Mebbe it's cuz of dojo (you won like.. 3 times). Right now, tho, I think I'm the only player in CO with a winning record vs you. It'd be nice for you to try against me.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Okay, guize. I've done like... 12 vocal tracks (all while inebriated). I'll screen them in the morning. I might even release a MU link that has ALL of my most embarassing moments, tangent on HOW embarassing everything is.

Tim, we gotta go out tomorrow. I still haven't gone out to the bar proper yet. I'd really like to snag some barhoes and go to DJ's karaoke after for further embarassment.

Roman, what's the status on smarshfest @ your place Sat? I know it's imposing, so if it's no go, just say so.

I conclude my drunken posts w/:

Kenny - When the opponent changes tempo, you tend to lose. This is your biggest weakness, and the reason I've beaten you in so many tournaments. You're Fox. Learn to control the tempo, and recognize that you NEVER have to approach, and you'll do well.
Ferdi - Stop sandbaggin vs me in tournament.
Yang - Don't always do what's "right".
Jeris - Suuuuuuuuuucks.
LoVo/Erg = We miss you. **** Halo, come back.
Henry = I miss you
Sinz = Either be Mormon or don't.
Dekar = Stop trying to induce drama with OoSers. The second they meet me, they know I just like building hype. Also, I'm better than almost anyone @ Melee in the 4 corners, so stop trying to say I'm a scurb. Can't wait for you to teach me stuff in Brawl
Jager - Stop making me say stupid **** I don't always mean
Youtube - Don't provide me with links to sing along with while drunk
MU = don't let me upload vids of me drunk in a zip, plz

SWF - Ily :D

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Luigi v Falcon is actually one of like... 3 matchups vs Luigi that's cool

The rest, you hafta play hella gay. ALWAYS assume the misfire is coming.

jiggz v uff is tight.

You seem the best outta the newcomers cuz you play kenny/me constantly. With comp like that, you're bound to improve.x

Tho Ferdi is the best. I wish he wouldn't sandbag v me in tournament (srsly ICvs Peach? C'mon Ferdi).

I only lose to
Ferdi (sometimes)
Jeris (always, lucky fvcking misfires. Still my fault, for letting it get to last stock)
LoVo (I need to play gay vs him. I always stop cuz he's Link, then LoVo beats me cuz he's good)
Mikezor/Nite (I got nervous/Nite's good) - Seriously, need to get 4th place to stop haunting me

in Melee.

We should do a RR sometime soon.

Also, I'd REALLY like Roman/UL/Moblin/Sam to start playing each other, since I think they'd grow really fast w/ my/Ferdi's coaching if they were to play people on their level from time-time.
Yang, I'd really like to coach you vs not Marth, soz you can **** other chars as hard as you do Marf (given that you'd permit it). You have Marth dittoes down to a science, but I feel like you'd be a lot more formidable if you weren't so formulaic.

Mind that I've had waaaaaaaaaaaay too much alcohol, so this may not apply in the morning. But you have Azen syndrome in that you always do what's right, so doing the worsst possible thing to avoid your counters sometimes works. I dunno, tho, dun take me srly.
match up isn't the problem. I just play the same way cause i'm lazy to change my style because it doesn't even matter. I'm not saying I sandbag in friendlies because i never sandbag and i'm sure everyone who has played me knows that. I have lack of dedication to get better at melee cause i enjoy having fun more than seriously trying and analyzing ****. You know its just not at the top of my priority list naw mean.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
I will let everyone know tomorrow, I am not sure. My girlfriend is very sick, so I might have to take care of her if she comes home. Sorry guys,

Rizen

Smash Legend
Halo is pretty fun. It's like Brawl, in that it revolves around set-ups. I still like TS more, but Halo isn't too shabby.

It seems that (lol, going back to race) white guys LOVE FPS games. I dunno why. I've always been more partial to games like Ace Combat 4 (and my MM still stands for SF64), anyway. Shame about my vision. I might have joined the military if I could fly combat planes. =(
I like FPS more with wii remote aiming. Glitch in the system 2 for wii!

I played that game today. Except it was Balrog Wins. :( There was a lot of "NOOOOOOOO NOOOOO NOooooo nooo..." to be had. He grabbed me out of mid-air when I hit him with an attack. Before hitstun was done, I swear!

Then I hit him with a jab combo, which he manged to jump out of. The combo counted it, but he flew back like he got hit out of midair on the second hit. So I missed my upkicks and got super'd :(.

Also, for all you old-schoo cats out there: Nickelodeon Arcade hilarity!

^- Super late response due to playing Vampire Savior.

I love my avatar too, it has Deejay!
The last street fighter I played was on SNES, last Tecken on PS1. My characters were Guile and the Voodoo guy and Jin in Tecken. What's the story with those now? Judging by the opening vids M Bison is the devil or something and Jin has his own army.
I will let everyone know tomorrow, I am not sure. My girlfriend is very sick, so I might have to take care of her if she comes home. Sorry guys,
That sucks, sorry to hear it.

r3d d09

Smash Master
ive never seen so many double posts, it hurts my eyes >.>

I believe yaz or __X__ could beat you at melee.... or Wobbles >.> or some other NM/AZ player.

Sinz isn't Mormon.

Halfro

Smash Rookie
Delicious Dave? LOL! Anyways, underload, we changed the venue back to starz. Just giving you a heads up. Give me an update on numbers/equipment/scedule when you get the chance.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
match up isn't the problem. I just play the same way cause i'm lazy to change my style because it doesn't even matter. I'm not saying I sandbag in friendlies because i never sandbag and i'm sure everyone who has played me knows that. I have lack of dedication to get better at melee cause i enjoy having fun more than seriously trying and analyzing ****. You know its just not at the top of my priority list naw mean.
aw word nawmean word

nawmean word

congratulations

word nawmean

Underload

Lazy
Yeah, I knew about the change a while ago thanks to Tim. Thanks for the heads up, though.

TVs: 3-5 (most likely 4, but I don't have to use every TV that shows up)
Equipment: Same as TVs.
Numbers: 15-20

But there's one thing I think I should bring up. Okay, so, the original plan was to have two events, singles and doubles for Brawl. That was the plan, until a couple of Melee players brought up the idea of having a Melee tourney. Melee still has a great following in Colorado, and they haven't had an official Melee tourney in a non-house venue in just under forever.

So, right now I have two options.

Behind door #1: Keep things to Brawl singles and doubles. Doubles starts at noon sharp, then I rush through singles the minute doubles is over.
Behind door #2: Switch to Brawl singles and Melee singles. It won't take any more time to run everything. In fact, I could probably run both at the same time. The only changes I would have to make is to switch out discs, literally.

I would still charge the same for everything. Just Brawl would be venue fee + $10 pot. Just Melee would be venue fee + $10 pot.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
DTL, please don't double post so much. You can use the EDIT button or the MULTIQUOTE button to help combine posts. This goes for everyone else as well.

Also, if SWF censors a word by replacing it with ***** then don't try and get around it. There's a reason why that word is blocked. Don't even put the starting letter in front. Most people can figure out exactly what you mean from context clues (yeah, remember those?).

Thanks guys <3

Top Bottom