• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Underload

Lazy
Okay, so, I'm going to bring a Wii for C3T this Saturday. Reason being because I want to get some replays of myself and other CO smashers playing. My Wii is hacked, and the codeset I'll be running contains these hacks:

-Infinite Replay Length
-Save Tags in Replays v3
-Default Settings (3 stock, 8 minutes, team attack on)
-Custom Textures (Directory structure pre-made)
-Unrestricted Pause Camera
-Unrestricted Replay Camera
-Custom Character Select Screen (w/ individual multi-characters; i.e. sheik/zelda)

Question is, should I also include gameplay altering hacks, such as no tripping and no stamina for PT?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Put no tripping in, and we'll be good. We can toss it on all the hacked wiis, and have a legitimately good tourney! Also, who all can bring wiis to C3T?

Anyone actually want a Melee tournament this weekend, or do you guys just want friendlies?

I forgot what you said about level 1 and 4 CPUs. All I remember is you saying to never go about level 4 while training. Care to refresh my pathetic short-term memory?
Use lvl 1 cpus until you are able to combo/cg/whatev them consistently, then use lvl 4 cpus. They DI weird sometimes. You can use lvl 8 and 9, but only if you use them only for combos, and not actually playing and approachin. Personally, I avoid them.

Did you /Moblin find the articles okay? Moblin, what day works best for you to meet up and learn teh smarsh?

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Anyone actually want a Melee tournament this weekend, or do you guys just want friendlies?

Both....

I'll definitely read those articles. are they like the playing to win theory essays that are all archived over there?

as to which days that I'm open this week, every one except today/tomorrow probably. That said, I can be almost anywhere as long as I know about it 24 hours in advance. At least until someone accepts one of these job applications I've been fillin in.

Underload

Lazy
Put no tripping in, and we'll be good. We can toss it on all the hacked wiis, and have a legitimately good tourney! Also, who all can bring wiis to C3T?

Okay, no tripping is a-go go...baby. (referencez)

This codeset I have is very low on open lines (only 12 or so to use), so no Pokemon Trainer edits. No one uses PT in Colorado, anyway.

Edit: I got the "No Stamina on PT" hack to fit, but sadly can't find the correct "No swap on death" code. No tripping's working as well.

Oh, and, I really don't want to pay entry for a Melee tournament. I'm fine with just friendlies.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'll definitely read those articles. are they like the playing to win theory essays that are all archived over there?
They're actually essays on SDI/ASDI/CCing/etc. They're really informative, and help a lot with understanding the little details that go in to SSBM.

What day works best for you? I hafta call the temp agency tomorrow and tell 'em mah schedule, so lemme know what works for ya.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Double-posting 'cuz I'm laaaazy.

Thanks for housing us again, Tim.

Also, thanks for everyone who came down to see us in New Mexico! Sorry I wasn't so lively. It was definitely the lack of sleep thing.
Maaaaan, this guy used to be cool. Now all he does is talk about how little sleep he gets. D:

the Marronator

Smash Ace
My number is 303-579-0940 =x

I looked at when I gave you the number and it said I gave you the right number. Sorry about that weird experience though lol.
DOH! Well, thankfully, you didn't really miss to much as far as the tourney went :laugh: Sorry :ohwell: I'll give you a ride to the CCCT though

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
DOH! Well, thankfully, you didn't really miss to much as far as the tourney went :laugh: Sorry :ohwell: I'll give you a ride to the CCCT though
Lol it's fine and thanks for being able to give me a ride to ccct I'll help pay for gas and everything.

I can bring a wii for ccct. I have a hacked wii but I don't have a sd card for no tripping =x

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This codeset I have is very low on open lines (only 12 or so to use), so no Pokemon Trainer edits. No one uses PT in Colorado, anyway.

Edit: I got the "No Stamina on PT" hack to fit, but sadly can't find the correct "No swap on death" code. No tripping's working as well.
You're only putting no-tripping on, correct? Anything you're changing with PT is making him into a different character. >___>

Like, I depend on PT's stamina loss to win the match-up.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
I have to be in summer school every day this week from 8 to 11 am. Otherwise, tell me the time, and I'll be there. and if I'm not.... blame it on Fallout 3

Underload

Lazy
Right, so, I got my database of awesome done. IF YOU'RE BRINGING A WII TO C3T, TRY TO BRING ONE WITH HOMEBREW / GECKO OS ON IT SO ALL THE SETUPS CAN BE IDENTICAL. I'LL PROVIDE THESE CODES:

Infinite Replays
Replays with Tags
Auto-set to 3 stock, no items, 8:00 timer, Team Attack On
Infinite Stamina for PT
No Tripping
Unrestricted Pause Camera
Custom Character Select Screen (the Brawl+ one, if you know what that looks like)
Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard can be together or alone
Texture hacks

No music hacks, I had to sacrafice those to make room.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Have you faced squirtle without stamina and forced switch? That character is ridiculous. I mean, he can use utilt to combo falco to 50 or 60...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Sorry I can't make it to the tournament this weekend guys. I am too busy getting destroyed by mormons at EFY(basically a mormon boot camp.). It is gonna suck for me. :/

Good luck to you guys, if any NM comes. Stomp their faces. Except for Kash, he is still cool :D. However, if he complains about sleep. Stomp his face.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
2. No one uses PT in Colorado, right? I put the codes in so I could **** in friendlies.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'd still keep those off. No one we know uses PT, but we might get a random. A very very confused random.

Unless you can turn off and on the codes quickly and reasonably, the PT codes are just buffing a character - which is turning into Brawl+, and not the vBrawl tournament we're paying to enter.

Plus Squirtle would **** me so hard. :urg:

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Peach grab release to ****.

To dash attack actually... :[

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Ya 0rion uses PT. I have his aim and will be inviting him to CCCT. Soo ya.

Also, big tourney in Lousiana this weekend, 81 entrants.

Pokemon Trainer won the whole thing, and 2 mk's placed in the top 25, 1 getting 9th place, and the other getting 23rd I believe.

The times, are they'a changin'?

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Ya 0rion uses PT. I have his aim and will be inviting him to CCCT. Soo ya.

Also, big tourney in Lousiana this weekend, 81 entrants.

Pokemon Trainer won the whole thing, and 2 mk's placed in the top 25, 1 getting 9th place, and the other getting 23rd I believe.

The times, are they'a changin'?
Wow, are you serious? :O That's amazingly unexpected! Link plz?

Also, I'll be hosting a smashfest/maybe tournament in the next few weeks. I'm thinking probably in between CCCT and Supercon. Feedback?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
CO too good.

I'd be down for the smashfest.

Underload, no changing characters. You should finish the codeset and send it to me. Or I could bring the newest b+ codeset and put it on after the tournament, and we could use your SD for the regular tournament.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
yeah, having some b+ after the tourney, or just on 1 tv would be fun. But no changing characters for any tourney systems, it's universal easily agreed on, or nothing. Also, I'd be up for going to david's devilishly devious tournament!

ALSO: Wednesday is the deadline to pay the online rate for the tourney this weekend, so if you want to save money, make sure you go to the pre-reg site and pay.

Underload

Lazy
Turns out the PT code messes with replays and My Music, so we don't want that in the codeset.

With the custom character select screen code on, there will be a little tile for Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard even though there's no Independent Pokemon Engine. All that will do is choose what Pokemon you start the match off with. Same as selecting the Pokemon Trainer tile and picking your starter by choosing it in the character select box. Just gonna clear up some confusion that might have risen at C3T.

Tony: I'll task you with downloading the latest Nightly Builds Brawl+ codeset the night before the tourney, and I'll bring my vBrawl codeset of justice. I'll PM you a download link for the database, though, just in case you want to bring it with you for some reason, or test it out to see exactly what is in it.

Edit: before I do that though, with the PT codes gone, I have room for Music Hacks. Should I put them in, and if so, does anyone want a specific song for a specific stage or anything?

Top Bottom