• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
So, someone help me out here. I'm seriously planning on going if I get a ride and whatnot. However, I need to know prices and times. I'm interested in competing for both teams and singles for Brawl (it is Brawl, unless I'm mistaken, correct?). However, the site isn't too clear on prices, and only mostly clear on times. In other words, this is the information I'd like to have if you can provide.

*What is the cost for the at the door price for singles? Preferably venue and pot pricing, as well as total.
*Adding on from the last, how much more to play in teams? Is that per person or for the team?
*What time does the single competition start, as well as teams?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Beating Tony on WFC is like slapping a small child: Hilarious.
And easy. Hilariously easy.

AZ's talking madd crap, saying CO's a garbage state and always has been. Some random asshat proposed a crew battle with $100 per each entrant. I say we do it. It's not like it'll be hard, seeing as all their good players left. Free $100 for us.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
So, someone help me out here. I'm seriously planning on going if I get a ride and whatnot. However, I need to know prices and times. I'm interested in competing for both teams and singles for Brawl (it is Brawl, unless I'm mistaken, correct?). However, the site isn't too clear on prices, and only mostly clear on times. In other words, this is the information I'd like to have if you can provide.

*What is the cost for the at the door price for singles? Preferably venue and pot pricing, as well as total.
*Adding on from the last, how much more to play in teams? Is that per person or for the team?
Just bring like $30, that way you'll have enough for singles, teams, and food (there is a food court in the place where the tournament is). And also just show up early because I don't know the times either, all I know is that we get to play friendlies like crazy before and after the tournament.

Concerning the crew battle thing... $100 bucks? Who would be on our team? You Tim Ferdi Yang Heibrahi me? And I just got done reading the thread, why do you go into random threads and talk ****?

Who is going Friday?

We can call it snakes on a plane on corneria. Works better that way.
Have you even seen Snakes on a Train (best video ever)?

I need to play some people tonight, I still don't know who to main... (Lucas, ZSS, Peach, DDD, Captain Falcon, Yoshi are my best I think, but I don't know)

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Mike, I'll be on all day around 4:30. You can woop my *** then.

*edit* And Tony, I'm not going to put in 100 dollars to play a crappy *** state (who's skills are probably all on my level, which is sad).

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Mike, I didn't start the **** talk, super cereal. The crew would prolly be me, you, tim, ferdi, yang/heibrahi, or both, if they can both afford it. I'm pretty sure the only people that are talking **** about us are their garbage players, but I don't think that we'd have to worry, even if it were their good players. New game, and they have a completely new scene. They ~could~ be super good, but I have confidence in our abilities.

This shiz needs to happen soon, too. I might be moving around June-ish.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace

At the door price is $15 venue and $15 pot for Saturday's singles. Pre-regged price is $10 venue and $15 pot. Doubles on FRIDAY is FREE, winner gets a gamestop prize and iirc free entry to the other 2 tournaments. Doubles on SATURDAY(which is the real one) is $5 per PERSON. IMO $50 should cover what you need and more just incase, you can probably get by with $40.

Friday's free doubles tourney starts at 7P.M.
Saturday's tourney(doubles is fisrt singles second iirc) starts at noon and ends whenever.

And easy. Hilariously easy.

AZ's talking madd crap, saying CO's a garbage state and always has been. Some random asshat proposed a crew battle with $100 per each entrant. I say we do it. It's not like it'll be hard, seeing as all their good players left. Free $100 for us.
Who said this?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Many thanks spirit. Very helpful right there ^^ I'll probably be only to make it to both Saturday events, but that's fine by me, I guess. My friend will be busy with his girlfriend (they rarely get to see each other) Friday, so we'll leave, like, late that night.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
StoNE, Vat-Zero, random others, but those are the two taht came to mind.

And wow, I was pissed last night. I don't even remember typing asshat, wtf.

Mikezor, when are you up for smashing? I need to play you again, to break myself of punishing habits v other people.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
My friend will be busy with his girlfriend (they rarely get to see each other) Friday, so we'll leave, like, late that night.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

StoNE, Vat-Zero, random others, but those are the two taht came to mind.

And wow, I was pissed last night. I don't even remember typing asshat, wtf.

Mikezor, when are you up for smashing? I need to play you again, to break myself of punishing habits v other people.
And you need to play me to understand how not to get punished.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Ferdi, I need a way of killing a roll dodging habit. Any ideas other than cutting off a finger or a thumb?

Also, Tony wanna come over to my place sometime?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey Ferdi, you up for a game in an hour or so?

Also, I play Snake. But, I will try to up my air game more then.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Tony, you coming over?

Tony any opinions on killing roll dodging habits?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Lmfao, you're dumb, Sinz.

Killing the habits? Have someone tell you every single time you roll predictably. Play against someone that can punish rolls. Work on playing without shielding. Fight Tim's Wario.

Best way to break yourself is to play someone who punishes you every time.

Up for a round or two right now?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am at school....

:(

Also, playing Snake without shielding is pretty hard. No nade dropping? How sad. But, I see your point. Thanks Ferdi and tony. CO is the sexier state in my mind.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
No johns, Sinz.

Just try to limit things in your mind, is what I mean. No shielding for Snake is prolly bad times. XD

Maybe try to only perfect shield/grenade drop?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
K, Well. I get home in half an hour sowe can do some stuff then.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
No johns, Sinz.

Just try to limit things in your mind, is what I mean. No shielding for Snake is prolly bad times. XD

Maybe try to only perfect shield/grenade drop?
I need to start trying to perfect shield more, that's something I don't take advantage of nearly enough....if at all.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
If Tony isn't spamming, that's usually how he approach. Watch for his Sonic's dash attack/shieldgrab, if it's Zelda, watch for Din's fire spam and perfectshield approach to Dsmash. Although I really hate the way he plays, it works extraordinarily well, try it sometime. Just run up to someone do a quick shield(doesnt matter if you perfect shield/run past them) and grab/fast attack out of it.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Still trying to secure a bloody ride to this thing. If worse comes to worse, then I might be able to convince my parents to lemme borrow one of their vehicles, though gas would be practically twice as much then (like, nearly $300). Blargh.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
that's fun to do, especially when they just stand there with their shield up when you do it.
who's tony? nite?

Yang, since you're online, you should add me just for giggles :p

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
tony = zeal. nite = nite. spiritdragon = fredi comeback 10k.

Anyone wanna play me in brawl until my dog realizes I'm home and whines for food/walks?

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Fredi? Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

archmagee

Hello people ^^;
I'm new to the forums but not the smash series.
Decided to join here to try to fill up my friends list with more active players,

Anyone up for a brawl? PM me or ill just check back here ^^;

Here's my code. 3694-9695-4331

Lunchmeat

Smash Cadet
Sure man im down... I need some practice... FC's on first page or in my profile, i think...I'll be on in a few

Top Bottom