• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
teams is going to be both days
Friday is a free tourny with a price
saturday is the real deal

And wow 80

This is going to be epic
I hope one of use actually wins

REMEMBER THE LOVO TRADITION
WINNER BUYS THE GOOD SMASH SEEN ICE CREAM

UNLIKE GREEDY JERIS!

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Screw ice cream! If I win, we're all getting Route 44 Chocolate Cherry Cokes.

For seriousness:

CCCT is at the Tivoli Building in the Auroria Campus! The Auroria Campus is on the North side of Colfax, just off I-25! I have said this multiple times! You can google maps Auroria Campus if you want, it should find it. Or you can just take I-25 to Colfax, take Colfax East to the first light that you can turn left at, turn left there, and then park in the complex! Drive around a bit to make sure you park close!

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Screw ice cream! If I win, we're all getting Route 44 Chocolate Cherry Cokes.

For seriousness:

CCCT is at the Tivoli Building in the Auroria Campus! The Auroria Campus is on the North side of Colfax, just off I-25! I have said this multiple times! You can google maps Auroria Campus if you want, it should find it. Or you can just take I-25 to Colfax, take Colfax East to the first light that you can turn left at, turn left there, and then park in the complex! Drive around a bit to make sure you park close!
Well if I win I will buy everyone steak and lobster. (< no chance of winning so I can make that claim)

And those directions and map should help, but if anyone has the actual address I have a GPS so I could just put in the address and it'll probably get me there.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
As long as a known colorado player wins
We should get something ^ ^
But if jeris wins
I dont even know if hes going

And i see the twins decided to go to this one -_-
They dont go to any melee crap and brag a lot about how good they are
Why go to this =/
Oh well more moneyz

some guy named Mike

Smash Cadet
Alright guys I go to college there and the turnhalle and tivoli are REALLY easy to find. Also you can take the light rail there you'd want to get off at Colfax at Auraria. The three lines that go there are H, F, and D. After you get off the light rail, go left past the handicap ramp for the light rail, turn left and keep going straight, you should see it very easy but it's also the building to the left (west) of a large grass field. To get to the turnhalle if you are going from the light rail you literally go in a straight line from the closest enterance it's right in front of that enterance. It is on the 2nd floor but they count the basement as the first floor, so the 2nd floor is ground level. the 1st floor has a mcdonalds, subway, taco bell, wok and roll, and some hotdog thing so if you some how find yourself there go up one floor. the turnhalle is in the southeast corner of the Tivoli. Hope that helps.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
**** it Nite, I think you get exponentially better at predicting my rolls as the match progresses. Thanks for humoring me a few games, though. ignus, sorry I had to kill your Zelda, I had to go and you weren't there...Plus, I REALLY hate your zelda, the only character I just can't get used to. Dunno what was up with that lag the second time after I got back online, it seems to spike. I think your intarwebz is cursed. rematches later!

hey, I'm not going so I'm holding it to you guys to record the later matches of any Colorado smashers just in case something epic happens, yah?

'specially a tournament of this magnit.

edit: also, someone explain "camping" to me?

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
For people in Highlands Ranch: My plan is to go to the Santa Fe Light Rail station, catch the D line from there up to the Auroria Station. Tivi is a straight shot from there. Maybe you'd wanna follow suit in doing that. I think it's a great idea, no stress of parking, and saves gas money :D

Tony suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks (at PSO <3)

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
If you want to know what camping is from a person who knows exactly how to do it on a regular basis
I say you talk to tony about it XD

speaking of tony
why doesnt he post much anymore oooor hell anything

>> He forgot the meaning of bros before hoez didnt he?

Igneous42

Smash Ace
**** it Nite, I think you get exponentially better at predicting my rolls as the match progresses. Thanks for humoring me a few games, though. ignus, sorry I had to kill your Zelda, I had to go and you weren't there...Plus, I REALLY hate your zelda, the only character I just can't get used to. Dunno what was up with that lag the second time after I got back online, it seems to spike. I think your intarwebz is cursed. rematches later!

hey, I'm not going so I'm holding it to you guys to record the later matches of any Colorado smashers just in case something epic happens, yah?

'specially a tournament of this magnit.

edit: also, someone explain "camping" to me?
NP I figured as much, someone was at the door and I had to go answer it sorry bout that. As for the lag I'm pretty sure my internet has been acting screwy for like the last three days. I dunno why but today playing with you was the only time I've been able to get on and play ok.

Camping is, at least as I understand it, staying in on area spamming distance attacks thus forcing your opponent to come to you.

Jebin_Zedalu

Smash Cadet
Would anyone from Colorado Springs (or even better, Falcon/Peyton) be interested in joining a Super Smash Brothers Brawl group where everyone meets up weekly/monthly to fight in Brawl non-stop and improve to, hopefully, become a bunch of tournament-level players? It hasn't actually been made yet, but I've been looking into various areas that might have rooms and TVs for rent that everyone could gather at.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Regarding tourney play I have a question. For characters who can randomly pull out or throw items (Peach and DeDeDe) are those items allowed to be used?

Say Peach pulls a beam sword, (which as we all probably know can happen even with items turned off) is she allowed to use it or is she supposed to throw it away?

And on an even more concerning note, say DeDeDe throws a smash ball, which from what I've read can happen even when smash balls and items are off, can the players fight for it and use it? Or if that were to happen should you ignore the smash ball till it goes away?

Not that it matters much for me (seeing as how I don't main either of those chars) but I'm asking more out of curiosity.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I've yet to see a smash ball pop out, so I guess we'll cross that hurdle when it happens.

All other character spawned items are fair game.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I've yet to see a smash ball pop out, so I guess we'll cross that hurdle when it happens.

All other character spawned items are fair game.
I guess I'm not even sure if that's true, I just read somewhere on smash boards. I've never seen it happen.

NM watched a vid of it happening on Youtube, he can't actually throw smash balls but he can throw a capsule and just like a normal capsule a smash ball can come out I guess. It's probably really rare for that too happen

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
For people in Highlands Ranch: My plan is to go to the Santa Fe Light Rail station, catch the D line from there up to the Auroria Station. Tivi is a straight shot from there. Maybe you'd wanna follow suit in doing that. I think it's a great idea, no stress of parking, and saves gas money :D

Tony suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks (at PSO <3)

some guy named Mike

Smash Cadet
Ingeous, I've never heard of anyone not being allowed to use Peaches bombombs and ect. It happens so rarely that it isn't enough of a hinderance on keeping things even, so I HIGHLY doubt that you can't use them as for DeDeDe, I would think the same goes for him. Though I've never see him throw a smash ball so who ever does is a lucky SOB.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wow, I missed a lot. So, what's our stage list look like now? I'm glad Lylat is moved to CP, even though sometimes it's helpful.

Jeris won't take first in any Brawl tournaments. **** that ****. I love the man, but he's had his time in the spotlight. Plus, he never buys us food.

Winner buys the inner circle food. We know who we are. +Jamaal.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Bard threw a smashball once........ If you INDIVIDUALLY turn OFF all the items and set it to none, there wont be any thrown.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. What up Smashers. CCCT for Smash is going to be HUGE. With about 70+ smashers signed up and probably another 10+ coming at the door you know one wants to miss this event. This will be biggest Smash Brawl tournament to date. LETS GET CUTTHROAT!!!

Note: Rules for neutral stages have been updated. Go here;

www.coloradocutthroat.com/Rules.php#singles

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Well, there will two team tournaments. The first one on Friday is a free one, of course after you pay, and I am giving away gift cards to gamestop. It gives people a reason to come on Friday to compete, have fun and win free stuff. On Saturday, after singles, we have the big team tournament where it will cost $5 to enter. This way it gives people who want to play a team tournament a chance to play on Saturday. Also Friday's team tournament helps out the confidence of those players who would have second thoughts of playing in a team tournament if they see the comp on Saturday. Trying to give people's there money's worth. :) :)

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Chap, what do you use for video editing? I downloaded Sony Vegas Pro 8 a few weeks ago and it looks to be an incredible software to do video and audio editing. I know that some people use Audacity for something I DLed it before but never got around to use it. And what do you use to compress the videos? Because most of the finished projects have massive massive megabytes, especially for videos over 5 minutes.

Have you also heard Pendulum's Hold Your Colour album? It's pretty amazing but it's somewhat repetitive since really, the exact same drum beat is used in like every song.
I use Sony Vegas 6,7 for video editing. Its very good with videos but you really don't get to have as much for with the audio portion. Audacity is only an audio editing software..sir.
I use Windows Media Encoder to shrink some of the videos I have in order to make them compatible with Sony Vegas or else it freaks out for some reason. I've also tried working with 60 Fps but that took too long and I got very mad with the errors I got, but once you get the quality of your video comes out beautifully crisp like the one in Mariotality 2.... anybody who watched that on Youtube and never downloaded is a ******....

TONY- sonic (combo?) video
I have a billion ideas in my head that are begging to be used LOLZ

Franz Ferdinanz- Ferdiz ("wow learn to DI noobz") video ????

Everyone "good" living in or near Aurora or Denver - how is this COLORADO combo video shindig gonna work?

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Why are Bridge of Eldin and Castle siege banned and not counterpicks? I get what makes a stage neutral but I don't get why some of the banned stages are banned (though most of them I understand).

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
BoE is spam central. Castle siege shouldn't be banned.

Tourney director/knowledgeable people get on AIM and lets discuss a for sure stage list and I'll print it out for the 7 T.V.s

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Well, there will two team tournaments. The first one on Friday is a free one, of course after you pay, and I am giving away gift cards to gamestop. It gives people a reason to come on Friday to compete, have fun and win free stuff. On Saturday, after singles, we have the big team tournament where it will cost $5 to enter. This way it gives people who want to play a team tournament a chance to play on Saturday. Also Friday's team tournament helps out the confidence of those players who would have second thoughts of playing in a team tournament if they see the comp on Saturday. Trying to give people's there money's worth. :) :)
I think we should have teams first. If we have it second, no one will want to play, seriously. When do we need to show up on Friday?

I use Sony Vegas 6,7 for video editing. Its very good with videos but you really don't get to have as much for with the audio portion. Audacity is only an audio editing software..sir.
I use Windows Media Encoder to shrink some of the videos I have in order to make them compatible with Sony Vegas or else it freaks out for some reason. I've also tried working with 60 Fps but that took too long and I got very mad with the errors I got, but once you get the quality of your video comes out beautifully crisp like the one in Mariotality 2.... anybody who watched that on Youtube and never downloaded is a ******....

TONY- sonic (combo?) video
I have a billion ideas in my head that are begging to be used LOLZ

Franz Ferdinanz- Ferdiz ("wow learn to DI noobz") video ????

Everyone "good" living in or near Aurora or Denver - how is this COLORADO combo video shindig gonna work?
I've got a buncha stupid **** for a Sonic combo video. Lemme know when you're free, and I'll bring the wii with all my replays over. It'll be tedious, but you'll get plenty of stupid crap for a "combo" video.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'm good! Can I have a combo video?

Also, I got to level 25 in Yang's game, then accidentally closed the tab =(

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Well Sorry Interim my internet sucks. I don't understand it. Some days/times it works brilliantly, assuming the person I'm playing also has a good connection. But then sometimes it will do what it just did and lag the hell out. The last like three days have been really bad and I don't know why.

I was really wanting to play you to, seriously **** my internet.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
New Mexico is too mean. I am coming to your guy's threads.

Good news. I will probably be attending CCCT in the summer.

Bad News, Tony won't play with my Snake.

Top Bottom