• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I could tell you but it'd be better if you see it at Cutthroat. Also, remember people, make sure to help people with the Tivoli, we don't want so many people to miss the tourney so we have less pot money!

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, that's right. Tivoli is in the Auroria Campus, for anyone that doesn't know. It's right off I-25 at Colfax. I'd suggest avoiding mapquest, it told me to turn onto a pedestrian mall when I used it to get there...a mall 15 blocks away.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
For CCCT? We're gonna have a hard enough time getting the tourney done without melee taking over a TV. I mean, 60+ pre-registered, geez.

G

Guilty Gear

ok I know smash is going to be the big thing here but is there going to be any Accent Core happening??

P

President evil

Hey my first time posting in the site, anyone want to brawl?

FC: 1337 1337 1337

4chan Party Van

O**** is there a party going on here?

Where's the tier list that one guy posted here?

M

Mew1King

Can someone teach me how to play Sheik? Their transition is really weird from melee to brawl.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I guess I should mention that I used to play a warrior. I dunno if I wanna stick to physical combat or not....

M

meleesheik

Hey what's up guys? New here came from coloradofusion, my name's Victor and I play Sheik too! Someone told me some guy wrote a mini Sheik guide here.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Ok I can't load the C3 website for some reason, I'm assuming this is the current setup:

3 Stock
No items
10 minutes(I think this should be changed back to 8 minutes, take account we lost a stock from melee's tournament 4)

Neutral stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Lylat cruise
Smashville

Counterpick stages:
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Circuit
Frigate Orpheon
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi's Island
Jungle Japes
Onett
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1

Banned Stages:
Big Blue
Hyrule Temple
Hanenbow
Shadow Moses Island
Flat Zone 2
Mario Bros.
75M
Skyworld
Summit
New Pork City
Warioware
Port Town Aero Drive
Pokemon Stadium 2
Spear Pillar
Norfair
Pirate Ship
Bridge of Eldin
Rumble Falls
Mushroomy Kingdom

By simply looking at the stages. Btw Nite do you have enough T.V.s and Wii setups? We only have one more week people get your **** together.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I got to CCCT, here's the current ruleset on the page:

3 stock
No items
8 minute
Dave's stupid rule, and Slob picks

Neutral stages:
Battlefield, Final D, Yoshi's Island, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Great Sea, Orpheon Frigate, Pokemon Stadium 2, Port Aero Town, Distant Planet, Pictochat, Electroplankton, Green Hill Zone, Old Yoshi's Island, Jungle Japes, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Brinstar

Banned:
Big Blue, Mushroomy Kingdom, Mario Circuit, Rumble Falls, Bridge of Eldin, Spear Pillar, Castle Siege, Wario Ware, New Pork City, Icicle Summit, Skyworld, 75m, Super Mario Bros. Flat Zone 2, Shadow Moses Island, Hyrule Temple, Onett, Custom Stages

Not that I agree with all this, that's just what the site says. But yeah, do we still need more Wiis? I'll bring mine.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I suggest we go with mine and alter mine a bit, DFG's is outdated and waaaaaaay broken. Everybody agree? Discuss which ones should be in/out. At the end I'll tell DFG and I'll print out the actual tourney stages 7 times so we have one for each of the setups. NITE OMG tell me how many setups we're running so I can print them out for sure!!!

Ferdi edit: Actually I think mine with no edit should be the ruleset, anyone disagree on anything?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Um, I think Pokemon Stadium 1 should be a neutral, and Onett banned thanks to DDD. plenty of walls for infinite grab, he's the hardest to kill up, and walk off sides for easy kills.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Um, I think Pokemon Stadium 1 should be a neutral, and Onett banned thanks to DDD. plenty of walls for infinite grab, he's the hardest to kill up, and walk off sides for easy kills.
Pokemon Stadium 1 has infinities, though much more temporary (but still, enough to kill). I agree with Ferdi in it being a counter-pick, personally.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Personally, I think the battleship should be neutral to make for 6 neutral stages.

it the hazards are really so boringly easy to avoid, they are not worth considering until they actually attack

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule is broken due to speedy projectile campers and walls. Thanks for playing.

some guy named Mike

Smash Cadet
Meh, no one seems to want Halberd neutral, Zenj. However, Delfino should get pushed over to neutral.
I doubt i play enough to have a judgement but I don't like halberd because of the uncontrolable elements such as the laser and ect. they are avoidable and do add to it because you can pressure them and get them in it because I just don't like it, but whatever.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah yeah yeah, everyone whines about it. Two of the three act like c4 and can be passed to the foe, and the other takes about 10 seconds to fall. I'm done with having that argument about Halberd, I caved in.

Also, if Brinstar is in, I think Norfair should be a counterpick.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so the current ideas on the board for changes to Ferdi's list: Delfino to neutral, Norfair to CP, Onett to banned. Any other changes we're missing here?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Blah blah blah.

We can play both games, you know. No one is stopping anyone from playing melee. But the pre-registration numbahs don't lie, brawl is where the money at, yo.

Top Bottom