• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
He plays me sometimes, but I never practice outside of matches so I'm bad.

could be worse...
could be MLP vs Alvin and the Chipmunks...
I assume this was a joke at my expense.

I'll have you know that I hate one of these things now.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good games Spelt. Good games.
You too. :D

It's great to get to see you play again, you've gotten a LOT better since when I last played you. :)
Thanks! It didn't really feel like it though, your litchi bodied me pretty badly. xD I actually kind of felt pretty bad after a few of those matches. I just don't know what to do against litchi, I guess. :S

You're a great out-fighter: very patient, good with zoning and pokes. But when someone or something gets in your face, you seem to do a lot worse. Of course, this affects your combos (but it's online so take that combo part with a grain of salt), defense, and response a lot. You rarely do mix-ups and in turn you'll quickly escape to a safe zoning game. Great for Lambda, alright for Rachel, and bad for Jin, IMO. But that in-fighting will come with experience, so just don't be too afraid to really get in there and screw up a lot for gaining some knowledge.
Again, thanks. :3

My pressure was really pretty bad during that whole thing, but I think it's more of my lack of matchup experience against Litchi, really. :S It's just every time I tried to approach your litchi I got hit by CH 6b or the attack where she spins the pole around her body, and that discouraged me from trying to take too many risks. ;_; I also got hit by way too many DPs, and I feel really dumb for that. I usually do a pretty good job at baiting those...

I tried for a few IAD crossup mixups with jin, most of them got screwed up from lag though. And then I also tried 2d fuzzy guard shenanigans with rachel that got screwed up from me being bad, mostly.

And then there's tager, and I don't feel comfortable pressuring him at all most of the time. :dizzy:

Also, character focus, since I dunno who you're actually maining (but I assumed Jin). I also don't know how much you play whoever outside of our matches. But in case you ARE jumping around characters, just let it be in your mind :). You played pretty well with all of them.
I have this problem with every game I play. :( I think Jin's my best character, so I try to play him most of the time. Rachel I consider my actual main but I hate my rachel and feel there's so much more I could be doing with her, so I don't play her often.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the games. :3

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
F pressuring tager. Hate it. Good thing I have 4c.

I started playing WoW and my PSR dropped like 30 points :(

Jamaal, when are you usually on XBL? Seems like I never see you on. Let me know so I can get on sometimes.

I kinda wanna go to Evo next year.

Also @Bees, my point was that bitterness makes people a lot less likely to be empathetic. Not all melee guys are like the one that posted on FB. I used to be, but I just don't care anymore. Melee is melee, and I love it. When Brawl is concerned, I've learned I need to hate the game, not the player. The fact that they play Brawl shouldn't affect my entire viewpoint of a person. A surprising amount of melee players haven't learned that yet. It sure took me a while.

In other news, Zajice and Spelt, you guys make status messages on AIM that are exactly like facebook statuses, but you hate facebook. It's like you're subconsciously filling up a hole.

(trollface.jpg)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
F pressuring tager. Hate it. Good thing I have 4c.

I started playing WoW and my PSR dropped like 30 points :(
lol

In other news, Zajice and Spelt, you guys make status messages on AIM that are exactly like facebook statuses, but you hate facebook. It's like you're subconsciously filling up a hole.
I didn't know my status updates about me being pregnant were so transparent. Especially for someone who never even goes on AIM. Thanks, Moblin!

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I'd feel very sorry for a melee ganon main going over to brawl..
I'd feel sorry for me too if I still played.

I didn't know my status updates about me being pregnant were so transparent. Especially for someone who never even goes on AIM. Thanks, Moblin!
I don't need to go on AIM. I can read your mind.

I know what you're thinking right now.

"Rachel is amazing. Steam is a furry. I need to stop being so humble about Blazblue cuz I am decent. I am brycicle. Is that using my name as a hybrid with a popsicle, bicycle, or a testicle? I don't know!"

...maybe not, but I tried

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't need to go on AIM. I can read your mind.

I know what you're thinking right now.

"Rachel is amazing. Steam is a furry. I need to stop being so humble about Blazblue cuz I am decent. I am brycicle. Is that using my name as a hybrid with a popsicle, bicycle, or a testicle? I don't know!"

...maybe not, but I tried
I am pretty bad. I still get blown up by a bunch of scrub tactics. Pick noel and spam 2d on wake up and there's literally nothing I can do.

And right now my AIM title thingy is "A HUG IS A STRANGLE YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED YET." Being pregnant just isn't that important anymore.

Also Rachel is amazing.

Also Steam is a furry.

Also It's actually spelled Brycikul ... I think. I forget, but I am pretty sure it's something like that.

*Sunnysunny likes this.*
It's all about google+ now.
+1 is where it's at.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
I am wanting to start a weekly smash event at my house (downtown Denver) on a weekday night (I'm sure many of us are outa practice =P). Would anyone be interested in something like that? If so, when would you be free?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I change my AIM status like once a month, not every five minutes.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
You too. :D

Thanks! It didn't really feel like it though, your litchi bodied me pretty badly. xD I actually kind of felt pretty bad after a few of those matches. I just don't know what to do against litchi, I guess. :S

Again, thanks. :3

My pressure was really pretty bad during that whole thing, but I think it's more of my lack of matchup experience against Litchi, really. :S It's just every time I tried to approach your litchi I got hit by CH 6b or the attack where she spins the pole around her body, and that discouraged me from trying to take too many risks. ;_; I also got hit by way too many DPs, and I feel really dumb for that. I usually do a pretty good job at baiting those...

I tried for a few IAD crossup mixups with jin, most of them got screwed up from lag though. And then I also tried 2d fuzzy guard shenanigans with rachel that got screwed up from me being bad, mostly.

And then there's tager, and I don't feel comfortable pressuring him at all most of the time. :dizzy:

I have this problem with every game I play. :( I think Jin's my best character, so I try to play him most of the time. Rachel I consider my actual main but I hate my rachel and feel there's so much more I could be doing with her, so I don't play her often.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the games. :3
No need to pressure more Tager, you were doing plenty fine with that with mid to full screen zoning. I couldn't get in worth anything, and when I basically lucked out or had a good chance to counter something did I even start to make a comeback. Your Tager play was good. If you confirmed every combo furthermore, you'd be gldk in that match up. But it's better to not get grabbed and stay back with a life lead and you slowly make larger.

I knew you were feeling bad, cause I know the feeling. I was even saying to myself, "I know he's feeling bad right now, but he's gotten a LOT better." Yeah, the itsuu (spinning staff) covers a lot of dash-in options so I throw it on every now and then. If you think I'm gonna throw it on, go for the low, and hopefully I don't react in time. It's vulnerable to lows and will put Litchi in CH state. Jin's 2D isn't a bad move for it either, because the staff will hit and cancel on the ice, which will put you at a few frames advantage, I think. I dunno if I can delay it enough and still punish Jin after a 2D, but I never managed it through the night/morning.

I DP a lot on reads and reaction and what I know from the opponent. So you have to really get me pressured to throw out a desperate one. You could also do things like dash up, jab, then block. Or air-dash in, barrier. Even a cross-up barrier to get some Tom Foolery going.

Just remember, I've been playing Litchi for years now. Don't get discouraged about losing to her, even if I don't combo properly or anything. I have a very good feel for her flow.

Jamaal, when are you usually on XBL? Seems like I never see you on. Let me know so I can get on sometimes.
"Hey Moblin, let's play!" "I can't, I'm waiting for Roblin's dinner"
"Hey Moblin, let's play!" "I can't, I have to go to work"
"Hey Moblin, let's play!" "I can't, I gotta go to school."
"Hey Moblin, let's play!" "I can't, I'm going out with my parents soon."
"Hey Moblin, let's play!" "Okay, I can only play about 5 games before I gotta hang out with Roblin."

I'm on semi-randomly, but I'll be on more often, since I now have two different wires from the router, one for the 360, one for my computer, that'll allow me to be online whenever I'm playing on my 360. And I'm putting more practice in for Devastation.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
No need to pressure more Tager, you were doing plenty fine with that with mid to full screen zoning. I couldn't get in worth anything, and when I basically lucked out or had a good chance to counter something did I even start to make a comeback. Your Tager play was good. If you confirmed every combo furthermore, you'd be gldk in that match up. But it's better to not get grabbed and stay back with a life lead and you slowly make larger.
Yeah, thanks! That's definitely my game plan against tager, I don't like getting near him at all, lol.

I knew you were feeling bad, cause I know the feeling. I was even saying to myself, "I know he's feeling bad right now, but he's gotten a LOT better." Yeah, the itsuu (spinning staff) covers a lot of dash-in options so I throw it on every now and then. If you think I'm gonna throw it on, go for the low, and hopefully I don't react in time. It's vulnerable to lows and will put Litchi in CH state. Jin's 2D isn't a bad move for it either, because the staff will hit and cancel on the ice, which will put you at a few frames advantage, I think. I dunno if I can delay it enough and still punish Jin after a 2D, but I never managed it through the night/morning.
Wow, I didn't know it wasn't low invulnerable. :o That's helpful. I can get a pretty good midscreen combo going off of jin's CH 3c too so that's good to know too. I tried 2d'ing through it once, and it looked like the staff barely missed me, so I was kind of weary about doing it again, but I think i'll try it more next time we play.

I DP a lot on reads and reaction and what I know from the opponent. So you have to really get me pressured to throw out a desperate one. You could also do things like dash up, jab, then block. Or air-dash in, barrier. Even a cross-up barrier to get some Tom Foolery going.
Yeah, there was a few times even where you DP'd straight through my blockstrings. I was pretty salty, I can never even manage stuff like that offline. :079: Another reason why I felt hesitant pressuring you more.

Just remember, I've been playing Litchi for years now. Don't get discouraged about losing to her, even if I don't combo properly or anything. I have a very good feel for her flow.
Rachel has played almost completely different in every iteration of BB. :c I wish arcsys would stop messing with her so much.

"Hey Moblin, let's play!" "I can't, I'm waiting for Roblin's dinner"
"Hey Moblin, let's play!" "I can't, I have to go to work"
"Hey Moblin, let's play!" "I can't, I gotta go to school."
"Hey Moblin, let's play!" "I can't, I'm going out with my parents soon."
"Hey Moblin, let's play!" "Okay, I can only play about 5 games before I gotta hang out with Roblin."
roblin takes up 99% of moblin's time.
and work takes up the last 1%.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I am wanting to start a weekly smash event at my house (downtown Denver) on a weekday night (I'm sure many of us are outa practice =P). Would anyone be interested in something like that? If so, when would you be free?
Weekdays after 8 generally. Brawl or Melee!

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Roblin is going to Florida all next week, so I will be very free to do anything. Meanwhile I'll be online randomly as well. I'm sorry for shooting you down, I feel really bad about it. It's not because I don't wanna play some BB, that's for sure. Roblin does take up 90% of my free time, but it's not time that I regret. Jamaal, if you decide to go to a gathering anytime soon, tell me and I'll show up and play some BB all dai. Otherwise, I'll try to catch ya online.

I change my AIM status like once a month, not every five minutes.
I haven't updated my facebook status in months. I just chat to people and read the CO smash group, which has about 50 more subscribers than this thread, by the way. Did you guys know that there's a big marvel/smash thing happening Sunday?

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I was on AIM constantly for a few months, which is when I collected my data.

Not many people talked to me though, so I just stopped signing in

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Moblin, so you have no johns, I'm going to PM you my phone # so you can hit me up whenever you're available to play Blaz or Uno or whatever.

I'm probably gonna be getting on in 30 minutes or so.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Moblin, so you have no johns, I'm going to PM you my phone # so you can hit me up whenever you're available to play Blaz or Uno or whatever.

I'm probably gonna be getting on in 30 minutes or so.
Noted.

I do suck at Uno. I've never played.

The next 3 days are gonna be hell for me until my college cello auditions are over on saturday. Until then I'll be a nervous wreck that is practicing every waking hour he is not at work. I'll be textin you after sat though.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uno MM?

Loser has to sing Poker Face in their pajamas at a furry convention.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Goodluck Moblin!!!

If you need any motivation, watch some vids of Sarah Balliet from Murder by Death and pretend she is your teacher ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVNae865yvw&feature=related
That was pretty sweet! Wish the sound quality was better though. I've had an amp for my cello for the longest time, but I've always been too lazy/intimidated to write songs. I just found a program that makes composing really fast and easy, so I'm gonna start on that pretty soon. Also you should respond to my PM about your address for Sunday.

Top Bottom