• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collection of Stage Textures

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
So I just randomly came up with this idea after playing Castle Siege and being unsattisfied with BattleField. Tell me what you think. I have no idea what to name it so feel free to shoot out a name as well.

I was thinking Mystic Battlefield. To me it feels refreshing compared to the other dozens of BFs I've seen. I didn't edit any collisions or the stage itself so it is wifi safe. I just moved the BG and redid most of the textures.

Here is my recolored Astral Phazon Melee Destination.

I figured since the BG had blue and purple in it I'd just use the default Destinations. See picture to understand what I'm talking about.

NightTide

Smash Rookie
These textures are very nice, I'm especially looking forward to when that icy white Battlefield gets updated for 2.5 !

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
These textures are very nice, I'm especially looking forward to when that icy white Battlefield gets updated for 2.5 !
I haven't tested it or anything... but I can't think of a single reason why that version of Battlefield already up there wouldn't work just fine in 2.5

Download away, my friend.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
So I just randomly came up with this idea after playing Castle Siege and being unsattisfied with BattleField. Tell me what you think. I have no idea what to name it so feel free to shoot out a name as well.

I was thinking Mystic Battlefield. To me it feels refreshing compared to the other dozens of BFs I've seen. I didn't edit any collisions or the stage itself so it is wifi safe. I just moved the BG and redid most of the textures.

Here is my recolored Astral Phazon Melee Destination.

I figured since the BG had blue and purple in it I'd just use the default Destinations. See picture to understand what I'm talking about.
Ah much better, and yeah i forgot about that rectangle backround, it was odd, glad you fixed it, looks even better

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Damn, that sounds sexy, i just want it to rain in SSE Jungle so i can mix it with song of storms and such.
You can import the rain effect from other stages (Olimar's stage, for example) in addition to the lighting and then change the floor step effect on all platforms in the stage to puddle steps. Issue is I don't remember exactly how you go about doing all this.

rpgkonijn

Smash Rookie
em... do any of you guys know how to install a stage texture im new in smashboards

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
Made a new Battlefield for 2.5. Tell me what you all think.

click me ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

em... do any of you guys know how to install a stage texture im new in smashboards
check the help and support section. There is a recent thread with the same question that got answered.

NightTide

Smash Rookie
I haven't tested it or anything... but I can't think of a single reason why that version of Battlefield already up there wouldn't work just fine in 2.5

Download away, my friend.
I tried it out and sure enough, it did work fine.

Which makes me wonder, what sort of things would have to be different from 2.1 to 2.5 that would require an update to the texture .pac file?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232

Which makes me wonder, what sort of things would have to be different from 2.1 to 2.5 that would require an update to the texture .pac file?
Changing literally anything about the stage, outside of a texture change. Which they did not do.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

How many times do we have to explain that the PMBR did not change Battlefield in 2.5? The list is right there in the first post, straight from the PMBR's mouth.

I'll get to updating this thread within the next few days, now that the streams that I was watching are over.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I'm pretty sure the only change that Smashville has from vBrawl are camera edits, so it should just be a simple cam change to "PMify" any Smashville texture.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Nope, SV never got changed from 2.1 to 2.5 at all.

And specking of hacks for my pmificed gardenvile can anyone tell me what I did wrong there? Because I now notice that car sometimes drives behind the waterfall.
Read this.

Go into the materials section of the taxi model and set the CullMode of the 5 textures from "Cull_Inside" to "Cull_All". That'll make the taxi invisible.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I just wanted to say, I just downloaded the Neo Rainbow Destination stage, and it is pretty sweet. The first one I tried was Orange, and I kinda hated it cuz it was too "THIS STAGE IS ORANGE!!!11!!", and I have to imagine that sort of applies to the other colors. I decided to give the rainbow one a shot, and it's pretty clearly the best one. I used to have one of M22K's blue FD textures (which is also really nice btw), this Neo Rainbow Destination just replaced it :) Good stuff!

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Yes. The UFO sfx I'm not too sure. I know if you get rid of the model the sfx still stays there. Don't know where it would be, try replacing ef_stgvillage with ef_stgfinal or something. See what happens.

I just wanted to say, I just downloaded the Neo Rainbow Destination stage, and it is pretty sweet. The first one I tried was Orange, and I kinda hated it cuz it was too "THIS STAGE IS ORANGE!!!11!!", and I have to imagine that sort of applies to the other colors. I decided to give the rainbow one a shot, and it's pretty clearly the best one. I used to have one of M22K's blue FD textures (which is also really nice btw), this Neo Rainbow Destination just replaced it :) Good stuff!
Thanks. It's pretty much a "pick one or pick all" when it comes to those stages; one being your favorite color, and all being the rainbow one.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
anyone know if i can use the 2.1 version of Gardenville safely for 2.5b? i was told the camera was changed in 2.5b from 2.1 so just want to make sure beforehand

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice
ohhhhh then can you port over Hyrule Castle? :D
Actually, can you port over all the stages? And if not, can you just port over Sector Z, Hyrule Castle and Dreamland? :33

Top Bottom