• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collection of Stage Textures

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Will this work for any custom stage I can find (e.g, Brawlvault custom stages)?
I believe that method only works for 2.6b > 3.0 stages. Any random stage you pick up from BV wont have the proper collisions or size to match up with P:M.
In your case, what you'd want to do is take your random texture, extract all of the necessary texture files from it, and replace them over an already existing 3.0 stage. At least, this is how I do it for making a stage P:M compatible.

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
I believe that method only works for 2.6b > 3.0 stages. Any random stage you pick up from BV wont have the proper collisions or size to match up with P:M.
In your case, what you'd want to do is take your random texture, extract all of the necessary texture files from it, and replace them over an already existing 3.0 stage. At least, this is how I do it for making a stage P:M compatible.
Okay, thanks.

Another question: When creating Stage selection screen portraits, where do files names MenStageSwitch.jpg go?
What font and size does P:M use when making names for the stages?
I would also appreciate a link to stage hacking guide that tells me things like these including: how to set up a picture template for creating SSS icons, changing the name of music, etc. Thanks in advance.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah, once this week is over and I'm done with the busyness, I can take a look at it. It's always nice to revisit old textures instead of using the same ones every patch.

Kati

Smash Lord
Alright so I tried to simply replace the STPM and StgPosition but it desynced ): If you have any free time could you update it to 3.0 (And I do see how it is confusing at the bottom) or possibly send me a tutorial on how to do so?

Anyways, good news is the Dimensional Field works and does not desync! So here is the link again!
176x176 is the default resolution for sss portraits, but PM uses 160 to cut down on space. You should resize yours (it's 178)

meow

Smash Apprentice
176x176 is the default resolution for sss portraits, but PM uses 160 to cut down on space. You should resize yours (it's 178)
Sorry, I have no idea. I wil do that I guess but the pics were a part of the original uploader's I just added it for ease of acesss. Will fix right now though!

EDIT: done haha. Here it is once again

Kati

Smash Lord
No problem. PM can handle the odd 176, but I imagine they cut down as the added costume and character portraits had pushed the common5 past the file limit (which causes the game to freeze).

I came on this thread today to find this exact stage, so thank you and good work!

Kati

Smash Lord
So... has anyone tried turning Distant Planet into the SSE Jungle..? I failed to do so.

D

Deleted member

So all these mods besides the old ones will work with 3.0?

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
The 3.0 Gardenville linked on this site is not 3.0 compatible. In PM Smashville the walls can be wall-jumped, in this link Gardenville version of Smashville they cannot.

Also, the Gardenville linked here should be updated to match this one instead as it covers more periods of the day than the one linked here which is just night/day.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
The 3.0 Gardenville linked on this site is not 3.0 compatible. In PM Smashville the walls can be wall-jumped, in this link Gardenville version of Smashville they cannot.

Also, the Gardenville linked here should be updated to match this one instead as it covers more periods of the day than the one linked here which is just night/day.
Forgive my double-post but it seems smashboards won't let me edit my post. I wanted to point out that the Smashville I linked and recommended gets used also needs to have, at least, wall-jumps added, and possibly other collision related stage things.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Could someone update the Luigi's Mansion texture?
Here you go.

I converted it for myself before Christmas Eve so I could take my build over and play with my friends on different stages.

I won't be doing this for the rest of my stages though, at least not until the next P:M patch/update comes out. Tri-stripping Mewtwo, Roy, the alternate costumes and stages like Dracula's Castle and Skyloft is super important anyway, it'll get rid of so much lag.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Here you go.

I converted it for myself before Christmas Eve so I could take my build over and play with my friends on different stages.

I won't be doing this for the rest of my stages though, at least not until the next P:M patch/update comes out. Tri-stripping Mewtwo, Roy, the alternate costumes and stages like Dracula's Castle and Skyloft is super important anyway, it'll get rid of so much lag.
thank you

Kati

Smash Lord
Veros Woods:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mpoeyrl1pnisedj/STGCRAYON.pac

Cuz P:M needs even moar castlevania apparently. This is the location where the possibly overused "bloody tears" piece plays. A really text box would interupt you to tell you that is it night time, similar to the annoying chime in Yoshi's Island.
http://youtu.be/U1VNQRQ6wfc?t=50s

PM me for brstms.

Results Screen:

Ignore the black and grey blotch in the top right, that is a light source in-game.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cilzikgx2m6k70i/STGRESULT.pac

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
If somebody could update the WarioWare what is love villains texture? That would be sweet.

Yoshi's Story with the trollface on Randall would also be amazing. :)

Kati

Smash Lord
I have another version I will release as soon as I can find it... One with different lighting.

Does anyone have portraits for m22k's temple of time over Warioware?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Hey, I've updated to 3.0 this one

Both direct and vault links in the OP are still the same, so it's only a matter of moving the stage to the 3.0 compatible list.

I'll update more, but for now this is it.

Kati

Smash Lord
Awesome possum. I didn't think I would keep that stage, but it grew on me. Shortly after that I realized my graphics editor program expired.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
I just want to thank everyone who is updating the files for 3.0. You guys are amazing. I hope the next eventual update doesn't change stages too much, if at all.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Someone might want to fix the preview of waterfallville in the OP. *snicker*

Kati

Smash Lord
Yeah Exblade did a great job revamping my original. Mine was very gritty and amateurish. He even tinted the metal bars to have a red hue... crazy guy.

Kati

Smash Lord
Yes it appears that the wall collisions, with the exception of the one connecting to the ledge, should be wall-jumpable now.

Now I don't know about kickable though.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Aaaaaaand with 3.01... some stages were changed AGAIN lol. Good call Xeno on waiting to update your FD stages haha.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
hey hotdogturtle, the current beachville in the OP doesn't have wall-kickable edges. Wasn't that added in 2.6?
Again, I didn't test all of the stages I added to the post, I just linked the ones that people posted in here. More people need to make sure that they're updating to the most recent version of the stages, because it seems that there are a lot of mistakes.

Edit: Actually, can you guys make a list of all of the stages with problems so I can remove them for now?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Again, I didn't test all of the stages I added to the post, I just linked the ones that people posted in here. More people need to make sure that they're updating to the most recent version of the stages, because it seems that there are a lot of mistakes.

Edit: Actually, can you guys make a list of all of the stages with problems so I can remove them for now?
I know u didn't test all of the stages, i was letting you know so you could take it down.

Top Bottom