• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cold Hands Results

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Thanks for everyone that came out, helped or brought equipment. It was a bit hectic with outlets but it was a fun chill tourney with a hilarious grandfinals; and so, here are the results.

Singles (29 entrants)
http://challonge.com/ColdHands
1. Weon-X :foxmelee: :falconmelee:
2. Idea :falcomelee:
3. CoffeeBlack :falconmelee:
4. K-Oh :peachmelee:
5. Kason :foxmelee:
5. Hammertime :icsmelee:
7. S.D. :marthmelee:
7. Bernal :foxmelee:
9. Frog :falcomelee:
9. Krisp :jigglypuffmelee:
9. Syphilis :sheikmelee:
9. Hello :sheikmelee:
13. Toast :foxmelee:
13. EDR :falconmelee:
13. Rain :foxmelee: :falcomelee: :marthmelee:
13. HartBooster :peachmelee:

Doubles
1. Weon-X + Coffee Black
2. Idea + Kason
3. Bernal + K-Oh
4. Frog + Core

http://challonge.com/CHdubs

Videos
(more to come)
The grand finals Jank - http://www.twitch.tv/thesharkasmcrew/b/501891483
Recording set up being uploaded to - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLiQQuYi6fRCJSmQhfL49bw/videos
Stream set up uploaded to - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSharkasmCrew

Shoutouts to everyone who came out, helped or brought equipment. Sorry about the technical difficulties but everything went smoothly. Thanks to mano for the recording set up and The Sharkasm Crew for the stream. And thanks to Camilo and Kyle for the amazing grand finals. Shout outs to Frog and Bernal for some of the most fun sets I've played, also Tom game 1, game 2 I immediately regretted picking FoD, platform desynchs too good.

Last edited:

idea

Smash Master
Just for clarification, I went all Falco in Singles and all Jigglypuff in Doubles

Also Toast plays Fox, Hartbooser plays Peach, Rain plays Falco and possibly also Marth...oh and the ICs icon by tom's name didn't show up for some reason

for melee faces, click the emoticons button, then click anywhere on the bottom segment that pops up, then use the arrow keys to scroll it. kind of janky but it works :p

Last edited:

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
: fox melee : etc

ice kids is : ics melee : I believe.. :icsmelee:

coffee ran a fkin train through hamilton at this, holy ****. k-oh getting 4th tho wow we ****.
shoutouts to austin beating me tho i was mad impressed with how he was playing. i kept trying to figure out what i was doing wrong afterwards and thinking i was playing bad, but after i watched the vids i see i wasn't really playing bad, i was just so fking scared cause of how good you were playing. coffee has an s-tier punish game.

shoutouts to everyone this was mad fun. shoutouts to a tourney every weekend o.O

Last edited:

idea

Smash Master
i can tell you what you were doing wrong, imo. it's not an interesting answer :p he was doing a lot of spaced aerials and you were running into them, trying to power through them. i feel like fox actually has to play kind of movement-campy vs. falcon until he gets an opening...falcon's spaced aerials are too strong, and he outranges you, and austin just kept you out with good spacing basically. but falcon is still vulnerable once he misses with one.

austin also had some good reads once he knocked you down, and some good edgeguards, but i think your biggest difficulty was getting past his neutral game. also i don't remember if this was a problem in your set or not, but in general i think foxes don't grab falcons enough.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
agree with everything you said, just didn't wanna go much into depth by chance of giving him insight to how i would play next time ;)

me being scared was what caused me to be over aggressive and terrible in the neutral, he was just stomping me mentally. and me being scared also made me tech in place a lot >.> haha

Just A Frog

Smash Cadet
Good stuff everyone :). Had a blast! Coffee and Kyle I'll MM you guys next time, I was just bummed out getting 2-0'ed twice in a row in bracket in my worst matchup. Still though, so much fun :D

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
what kyle described is kinda how bernal plays vs me, which works, but in the past you have won with super aggro ****, so idk lol

ggs to everyone, awesome tourney good stuff krispybox

rain played fox/falco/marth

and yes froggy were def mm'ing next time! you too enzo its time

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
Revival of Brampton is where it will be decided....
Who
is the best Samus in Ontario

VODs in the next 2-3days

SOs to BananaBetMyles, teaming with me and stickin with it despite our lackluster finishes, we are def getting better.
The power in the back room because it held up 4 TVs and three laptops, it was Atlus holding the world on his shoulders there.
Bernal for taking my money but still being cool enough to give me some advice. There will be a runback.
Guida for the awesome venue and the super fast finish
The finalists for putting on a super show, and everyone who decided to do their tourney matches on my setup.

Top Bottom