• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Co-Op SSE

blizzard138

Smash Apprentice
Ok me and my brother were playing Co-Op SSE and to say the least, IT IS THE MOST FRUSTRATING THING I HAVE EVER DONE. Being second player is terrible. The camera follows Player One and constantly leaves you behind, but hey theres the space warp which teleports you to your partner if you get to far behind automatically right?... WRONG. It screws up soo much which always leads to death out of randomness. This is completely opinion. I'm not here to start a flame war just a debate. If your going to reply to this thread just reply with your opinion or the more common "Dud3 1 l1k3 707411y agr33 w17h u." Also another thing, the story is WAAAY to long especially for this type of game. And the story isn't great either.

Fast and Furious

Smash Rookie
It's frustrating if the party leader is slow... but the space warp actually saved my friend from falling to his death in many instances. ^^ But what I found most frustrating was the fact that when we were caught in a battle and 1st player is killed off before the 2nd player that the game would automautically end. LAME... -_-;;;

rem

Smash Rookie
We're doing it right now. We started about 6 hours ago and we're on stage 25 of 31. The follow-up feature prevents some kamikaze boss strategies, but other than that I'd render it useless.
We're also playing on Insane...

..And it's Insane.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I actually found that it worked fairly well, although having the camera encompass more would have been heavenly. As it is, it was just too close to see anything well.

And meh towards the story. It was servicable, and it brought together VASTLY different characters and universes in a way that seemed to make sense (sometimes). And it didn't succumb to over-indulging on the cut-scenes. Cut-scenes got to the point, and no time was wasting on exposition, since there was no dialogue. The fact that cut-scenes got the job done without wasting time was probably my favorite part.

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
You can automatically warp anytime by pressing start.
And this proves to be a very useful bit of information. When trophies, CD's, etc. are located in dangerous spots, you can just send player 2 in to fetch them, then press start to bail before the trap or whatever creams you into oblivion. Or, in a pinch, you can just spam start endlessly and not worry about your position at all- but hey, that's just me :laugh:

Try it again with this in mind, I think you'll find it a little less frustrating.

carpedro

Smash Rookie
to add to the press start warp thing, if you p1 and p2 are about to die like fall off the stage or w/e if p2 keeps pressing the start button only p1 will loose a life and p2 will just warp to p1 when he come back to life. this works most of the time and helps save some of your lives. :-)

Top Bottom