• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Ether, I have a question. I keep playing this amazing jigglypuff player, but whenever I counterpick him to Yoshi Story, he picks bowser and completely destroys whatever top-tier I'm using. Does the tier-system even exist in this matchup?

HEY, HEADS UP! Thanks to Brawl's extension, CNU Smash will be hosting events all through Black History month. Any objections?

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
or play someone like sheik who can cg ganon.

no

ganon is a pretty good char...worthy of his spot in the tiers
Ganon is a terrible character, that's why he's so loooooow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyHlvDTqe_k&feature=related (start watching this at 6:58)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc8Whckjvkw

play slower against mark too and you'll win more...speed is the fallback of tech heavy players who can't think...you won't improve much that way..though your hands may improve
I disagree with this. speed is imperative with any character you use. The main thing I tell myself when I play falco is... "play faster than my fingers can possibly function" this also helps my brain make decisions at speeds quicker than my fingers so I can stay on top of what I'm doing. all while performing every move gracefully.

lol, bowser is so broken. also found another stage where bowser is broken. its the mario level with all the blocks. upb heaven

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
IM BLACK!!!, and ive been playing smash since historical time!!!

that means i HAVE to go to CNU to play smash next month XD

Ether, im not gonna lie, i only play hard against you when where practicing. why? i have accepted defeat from both you and tope so when i play you guys its more of me leaning and practicing than tryin' ta win. once i reach a level where i fell i can beat you, youll know.

i ALWAYS play hard in practice against people that are better than me. its the best way for me to practice i think.

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
KP - don't tell them to play slower, tell them to play more defensively, which causes them to play slower and smarter.. just playing slow does nothing

Ether

Smash Ace
Oh, Ether advice thread.

How long can I chaingrab Ganon with DI before I get the downair ****?

Level 9 DI sucks.

Also, I usually downthrow to dash attack. Is the N-Air a better approach against Ganon?

Of course, I'm using Marth.
Marth can't CG Ganon. You can upthrow, wait for the jump, and then intelligently **** from there. Watch the Youtube vid of Neo vs. RockCrock's Ganon on FD where Neo juggles RockCrock with uairs.

Dthrow to dash attack doesn't work if they tech, and nair is always better. Space nair so Ganon can't shieldgrab you and shffl another nair immediately to counter any of his aerials out of shield.

Sheik CAN CG Ganon, up to...

Ether, don't answer his question
...Nevermind.

marth can't chaingrab ganon...
and dthrow-> dash attack won't work if your opponent tech the dthrow
if they don't hit the ground you're better off using NAIR to start a combo
Fixed. And immediately nair again after the first one connects. But the truth is Marth, Sheik, and Fox cannot beat SoVa Ganons.

Ether, I have a question. I keep playing this amazing jigglypuff player, but whenever I counterpick him to Yoshi Story, he picks bowser and completely destroys whatever top-tier I'm using. Does the tier-system even exist in this matchup?

HEY, HEADS UP! Thanks to Brawl's extension, CNU Smash will be hosting events all through Black History month. Any objections?
Ban either Jungle Japes or DK 64 against him, and reset if it goes to Yoshi's Story and he's Bowser (you're allowed one reset, but he probably won't start as Bowser).

As for dealing with his Bowser, he only allows you 1 frame to think about how he is about to **** you, and then it is all over. The best way to counter this is to not think at all. You will still get *****, but at least you will feel like you got ***** because you were not really trying.

Tiers do not exist against Bowser, but you can probably do it in 2:04 with Ganon without using strategies, merely by fighting as hard as you can.

---
Can CNU events be held on Sundays by any chance? If not, I'll suck it up and go on Saturdays.

Ether, im not gonna lie, i only play hard against you when where practicing. why? i have accepted defeat from both you and tope so when i play you guys its more of me leaning and practicing than tryin' ta win. once i reach a level where i fell i can beat you, youll know.

i ALWAYS play hard in practice against people that are better than me. its the best way for me to practice i think.
You can beat me, I'm not that good. You just have to believe. Stop thinking of all the ways you're going to lose, and start thinking of all the ways you can destroy me. And think at least 7 moves ahead. I'm up to 5 moves ahead, so 7 should be enough.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
telling them to play smarter never works..and telling them to play defensively is different....i guess if i want to be technical the word i should be using is methodical..but ya..today i destroyed alex playing "slow, methodical, etc" at about 3/4 of my normal fox speed..it was far more effective than how i normally play..but there was no flash..very disappointing..not one waveshine or laser (except for a triple laser i accidentally fired while waiting for him to come back in violation of my own rules)..

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
when you headed back? I should be there sometime mid saturday(i think we're leaving around 1, but i don't really know the guy i'm getting a ride wtih)

edit:
lol Ether, your GameFAQs is showing :p

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
yeah, I'll be back tomorrow night

won't be able to smash though. Probably sunday I'll be smashing. I owe cow a session anyways. I've been playing my bro alot, so I'm not really out of practice.

CNU smash scene is gonna be intense in the months leading up to brawl.

and ether, if you'd prefer to play cnu kids on sunday I could host something, since I most likely can't make the saturday night sessions. you could get alot of Kuku training too.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
wiggles and ptzr don't forget to call if you plan on coming down sometime this evening and shaman you still owe me at least 20 matches worth of smash MM at 2 dollars per set..so you should come sometime..

edit: screw calling cause i forgot to bring my phone..just post here if you still want to come down or not this evening..it was snowing a little so i'm not sure what the weather is like

rhan

Smash Hero
Heck yes
Go Team!!!

I must go and show off my Young Link ^-^

(Shaeman call me if something happens, i might need a ride or might be able to give)

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
O-No, hit me up if you're hosting today, I might make it out, but I can only stay till around 4.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hey oh-no, sometime you and I should schedule a night..i need to play someone better than me once in a while..though i doubt even 4 hrs will get me good enough to marth sheik you.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
it could work out if they scrounge up 7 people. I think Sova just might have more depth than richmond. after Tope and Doll *my god* do they have any other stand out smashers? (is cyrain team richmond?)

could some one throw together what a 7 man richmond team would consist of?

last night was all sorts of good though. My prediction on glorious teams session was accurate.

BANNING CORNERIA!!!!!!! dammmn bowser is broken as all hell.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i'm bored, go get CNU's b team to play us again..they should be good enough..if it's unfair i'll play my m2 or something..

Also, WM officially challenges shaman's crew sa well...cause i think that should be roughly equal. Assuming IV joins their team, then it should be roughly even i would think..but i'm not sure where everyone else's skill level is

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
your memory is bad..that was my fox.. you only lost like 2 stock to alex at most and took all of his...i then took your remaining two flawless with fox... i think..actually i'm not sure...all i know is first match i went flawless finishing off the remaining stock..then i played schoolie and decided to go bowser ditto? he won that though i did ok...freaking ledge games..he keeps spinning and spinning and spinning...made me dizzy..zomg mindgames

but ya, it's sad that WM cannot match up to CNU a-team

last time we played CNU b-team we lost, but i took 10 stock? i hear S-pod has gotten better since then, so hopefully that plus the fact that my roommate who is pretty good will be there hopefully makes it even.

Ether

Smash Ace
I kind of want to move to Newport News/CNU. Best smash scene in Sova, IMO.

XLAX is so fun to play. We'll play some more, k?

FATS hits me like I did something wrong. >_<

edit - I'm free all day Weds, so if CNU wants to smash, I just need a ride. I guess I can bring $10 gas money?? But I know you all have lives and classes, so maybe I can spend the night Saturday and leave on Sunday night. Whatever's good for other people.

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
your memory is bad..that was my fox.. you only lost like 2 stock to alex at most and took all of his...i then took your remaining two flawless with fox... i think..actually i'm not sure...all i know is first match i went flawless finishing off the remaining stock..then i played schoolie and decided to go bowser ditto? he won that though i did ok...freaking ledge games..he keeps spinning and spinning and spinning...made me dizzy..zomg mindgames
It was my fox. Yours went afterwards against someone else before Schoolie and the dreaded Bowser ditto.

Top Bottom