• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Schoolie I want a rematch!!

Roy vs Jiggly once again!

Hey did any of you guys Fought me I know i fought a marth player And some jigglys During the Team friendlies but did anyone else fight me?

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
What's everyone doing tuesday? I assume Wed. is a universal study day, and I know that KP is coming by to grab his gamecube (which, I happen to be nice enough to hold/use/hone my ridiculous bowser). Anyone else want to get in on this?

Keep in mind, this is subject to change due to other super-ceding plans ;)

Patriot, let's run everything back next time. Same with shaeman's whole crew. "YOU ARE UNDER A-REST" XD

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
thanks man, those were fun fights, I remember at one point when you were roy, s-man was link, and cow was yl, I kept getting hit by swords.

ganon roy fights are fun, but its really really hard to fight ganon if he spaced properly. BUT, its extremely easy to edgegaurd him, so it could go either way.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
thanks man, those were fun fights, I remember at one point when you were roy, s-man was link, and cow was yl, I kept getting hit by swords.

ganon roy fights are fun, but its really really hard to fight ganon if he spaced properly. BUT, its extremely easy to edgegaurd him, so it could go either way.
It will be a great match!!!
I've never fought a Ganon Pro 1-vs-1 So this will be a first for me.

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
What's everyone doing tuesday? I assume Wed. is a universal study day, and I know that KP is coming by to grab his gamecube (which, I happen to be nice enough to hold/use/hone my ridiculous bowser). Anyone else want to get in on this?

Keep in mind, this is subject to change due to other super-ceding plans ;)

Patriot, let's run everything back next time. Same with shaeman's whole crew. "YOU ARE UNDER A-REST" XD
I may or may not come down. I'll come and hopefully bring some WM people, but only if there's going to be some multi-purpose room shizz, probably. Otherwise we may run our own little thing and stay here (and steal Josh back, haha).

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
well the common definition of pro would be some one who earns a living off what they do.

so not just am I not a pro ganon player, I don't think there IS a pro ganon player... lol
just as there's no pro roy player.

lets face it, we have scrubby characters

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
well the common definition of pro would be some one who earns a living off what they do.

so not just am I not a pro ganon player, I don't think there IS a pro ganon player... lol

we own with them, maybe we could be the first.
I want to be a pro Roy.

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice

Eddie? Tipman?

Neo?

They might not make a living, but I would say almost no one does, so that definition of pro for smashers doesn't work.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Who all plans on getting a break from their exam schedules with a conveniently planned cnu get-together?

No one has exams wed. and by tuesday, you'll be tired of books, so come out! We'll order pizza depending on attendence :) Good luck on your exams everyone!

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
me n Kuku have an 8pm exam on tues(i guess.. today) and he also has like a 2/230 one
so if you can work around that
wed would be better, as it's a free day for everyone and I can just bring my **** and put in random study if we do it at your place

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
Josh and I and some other WMers are interested in coming today.... is this still happening? or since Juan and Pat are busy with exams should we try another day? Trey, are you and Fats free?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
Conclusion: Xlax plays better when he's not drunk..and i got comboed for 80% while missing 6 techs...it's just that i don't understand what kind of hellish combo you were trying to put me through..it doesn't make sense to knock someone from the platform to the ground to the platform to the ground to the ground..you'd think i was playing falco and you could spike or something...as i remember that event my DI was fine..i just kept confusing when you were going to let me land and then i'd hit L and wouldn't be able to tech a second later when i needed to...6 missed techs uggh...i gotta get more sheik practice in...none of my friends pull off combos like that on me

anyways, Good times guys....

so I did pretty well i thought..except that I fell twice for the same bait that i warned mark about coming over with ganondorf....it's funny..i warned him knowing exactly what to do to prevent that..yet still didn't notice fast enough..just shows that mental knowledge of the matchup is not enough..the 60% damage i took for ignoring my own advice on how to deal with ganondorf's bair still haunts me..

cow, i appreciate the fox vs . peach training..though next time quit sandbagging and show me your G&W!

Trey your Bowser has gotten beast....my poor friends...last time alex didn't have any trouble beating you on yoshi's..but somehow you managed to get a win off on marth's home:) you shoud just shelve jiggs and main bowser;p

all that bowser sheik ownage just proves the tiers are wrong;) OBviously bowser is 2nd..right behind cow's G&W

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Yeah Josh, it was a **** good session. All the W&M sheiks should just play more ruthlessly. tell them to step outside their comfort zone and just play the character to the gayest extent.

My ganon vs sheik game solely relies on chaingrabing ---> gay edge gaurding. I'm very easily defeated when I can't get the grab. Sorry about tech skill squanders at the end of our fight... I gotta stop trying to be flashy, but it was just a friendly. I thoroughly enjoyed fighting your marth, sheik, falco... Your FOX on the other hand..... well, lets just say that my Ganon may have a bone to pick, or I may have to pass that job off to Falco/samus

Alex, you have a pretty relentless marth, clearly with a bowser/falco weakness. But you know several match-ups well. You fox is gay on teams, I got shined spiked so much hahahah. Work on living longer though, but your offensive game is basically there.

Sheik player guy.... sorry I didn't have food and I wouldn't let you leave to get any, hahaha. I wanted to play you guys more.

sheik player 2.... you're good

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
lol, i forgot you squandered that fight..heh..but ya your ganon vs sheik was pretty gay...i will have to remember to be gayer next time..i remember several times i had to catch myself cause i had approached and gotten aerialled when i'm supposed to be just needling and letting you approach..camping is gay but when you're up against someone with better range it's always a good idea..

they say the best players camp in an opponents face though...to bait mistakes...usually in that situation i just slowly pressure them towards the ledge, that way they can't camp safely anymore:p

but that's why i picked FD..so i could camp and watch people's play style and try to understand how their char works...first time i played against jiggs getting creamed on a small platform stage i couldn't really see what i was doing wrong..no time to think or observe

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Stupid tier system. Although it makes being counterpicked interesting when someone thinks, "you know... if I go to yoshi story, he'll put that jigglypuff away and play bowser". Sorry about the counterpick on Fox to DK64, fox beats me on that stage, so I used the time to check what fox does there. All foxes will be air-lifted to Jungle Japes. We must play over break ><

X-Lax

Smash Rookie
for sheiks; here's how to beat fats' gannon,
1) don't get grabbed
2) grab
3) congrats! you've won

anyways, those were some pretty good fights yesterday... josh, sorry about that combo, but if it makes you feel better, those weren't missed tech's, sheik is just **** in a can

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
heh, i kept missing it..was embarassing. i could see that he was jumping out cause i moved too slow..i would get 2 or 3 and then miss..silly nerves messing me up...too much pressure when you're playing someone who's better..his ganon just felt like it moved faster than my sheik (if you're wondering how that's possible, just redefine movement as space controlled)

Top Bottom