• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
dude, mute city is MY all purpose counter pick against anyone besides jiggs apparently.
I choose MC because I can't really be chain grabbed and ganon can't get gimped there. BUT what ganon does have is awesome platform poking with usmashes and fairs. I'd like to rematch you there trey, I feel like I could at least get one stock off you, hahaha

lol at Trey's counter pick at japes against m2k, you were playing so gay he quit the match, then counter picked you harder at flat zone

CStick

Smash Lord
I think we should all chip in and buy a Lando costume for you, Vince, and make you where it to the next big event/C3/Etc. we go to

and O-NO could be prince....he could pull it off

and when i grow my hair out a bit more I could be Toby Maguire

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
random news but W&M had some tournament while i was away this weekend..

placings

SIngles:

kyle (falco) my roommate
alex (marth) that you've played
samrin (whoever)_that you haven't played

i don't remember after this...

anyways and kyle won doubles as well..and david a sheik player won ffa...

but anyways, i was kinda disappointed that samrin didn't go all sheik vs alex...his marth is and always will be garbage;p hopefully he won't read this

but yes as for me..i went to UMD for Ballroom dance this weekend..met a player better than me while there....voodoo..his CF was tearing me up..though i tore up his sheik (supposedly his main, though i hear he mained CF for a long time)

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
but yes as for me..i went to UMD for Ballroom dance this weekend..met a player better than me while there....voodoo..his CF was tearing me up..though i tore up his sheik (supposedly his main, though i hear he mained CF for a long time)
what the hell, why didnt you tell me you found a guy...i was craving smash all weekend, though dancing with beautiful ladies was a plus!!

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
random news but W&M had some tournament while i was away this weekend..

placings

SIngles:

kyle (falco) my roommate
alex (marth) that you've played
samrin (whoever)_that you haven't played

i don't remember after this...

anyways and kyle won doubles as well..and david a sheik player won ffa...
Correction/Extended Results:

Singles:
1. Kyle (Falco / Sheik)
2. Alex (me) (Marth/Sheik/Fox)
3. Samrin (Marth)
4. Alex (Mewtwo)
5. David (Sheik)
...more people

Except Kyle, we were all at the crew battle. Samrin was playing Sheik there.

Doubles:
1. Kyle/Alex (I want credit when I win, goddammit, Falco/Marth, Marth/Sheik)
2. Jake/Mark (also at crew battle, Falco and Sheik)
...more people

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
Correction/Extended Results:

Except Kyle, we were all at the crew battle. Samrin was playing Sheik there.
I like that you say that, and i stil have no idea who it is because you had THREE sheiks on your team, hehe.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
think mongolian horde and you got the general idea

edit: i didn't hear that kyle used sheik at the tourney..i did hear about his marth..i'll admit his marth has gotten better (he beat a few of my bottom tier char with him), but i still don't see how you lost alex...i swear he still has only learned maybe 3 to 4 moves..he really only uses fsmash and fair and grab correctly..camps like a ***** of course..but he's always been campy...he dtilts and uptilts occasionally but doesn't use them at the right times enough..however, i kinda understand what it feels like to be mindgamed into everything:\

also...it really sucks to try to approach a camping marth with pichu or kirby...with M2 and g&w it was possible somewhat..but i HATE CAMPERS!!

seriously i need to pick up some cheapness tips from kyle^^

and i lost my bowser set vs his marth (lost the final match on yoshi story!!)

ie train me schoolie..i must learn da ways of da koopa clan

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
If hair length=good then CNU's got it. Schoolie, me, poehlcat and thor? i dont see how we ever lose
lol, do I factor into this too..? <_<;; I'm pretty sure I have the longest hair of the whole CNU crew..... ^_^;; (25 inches...)
..reminds me of the towers we made from Risk/'****' pieces... :p Trey, our house was awesome. As was the SoVA house party that was 70 strong... lol

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
... The whole world bowed before Sova. We kept Columbia strong while Juan toured the world. And when he got back, we all chilled in the Sova pad, complete with 2 stories, guest room, 2nd floor patio, 4 car garage, gas station, and an indoor spiral staircase.

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
... The whole world bowed before Sova. We kept Columbia strong while Juan toured the world. And when he got back, we all chilled in the Sova pad, complete with 2 stories, guest room, 2nd floor patio, 4 car garage, gas station, and an indoor spiral staircase.
who needs a big house with 5 cars when you got all that???Hehehe, CNU cribs....

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
u could always get THE TEMPLE OF THE SUN!!!!!!...*sigh* trey's/pipers was way better. Who makes a freakin spiral staircase.
I rather liked your Temple of the Sun, Juan :) it was just as good as Trey/my house of mass remodeling, if not better because of the incredible effort you put into making it have a pink center :p

btw, sorry for the off-topic-ness of this whole side conversation ^^; I started it..

Ether

Smash Ace
So like, is there any chance of me teaming up with Schoolie in a real teams tournament?

edit - We should have a random character tournament. At the beginning of the tournament, everyone is given a random character (this can be chosen on a Cube on the character select screen), and they must use this character for the whole tourney.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Ether, if you find a doubles tournament that catches your interest, just lemme know and we'll throw one of sova's finest doubles teams into the ring :)

AND YES TO THE RANDOM TOURNEY! Just have everyone pick their characters then give em around 30-40 minutes of friendlies to get the feel for how their playing style syncs. I'm all for it, but I'm also for stopping the entire thing if anyone from SS pulls their main... = no fun.

Also, I'm very aware that Tope's C3 is this weekend, we're prepared to lower attendance at CNU's bi-weekly. Good luck to all out sova smashers making their way to richmond... show em why Sova gets 70 armies and Richmond only got... wait, we're on the same risk piece >.>

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
We should have a random character tournament. At the beginning of the tournament, everyone is given a random character (this can be chosen on a Cube on the character select screen), and they must use this character for the whole tourney.
Amazing idea. I definitely agree that we should ban mains (includes Bowser for Trey) and top tiers. No Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, or Peach. Zelda is cool though. Alaska can come too.

END.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
ill do it. if i get ness or yoshi...om boned.
in which case Dean or myself will come up behind you and play with our arms around you, under the guise of showing undying and unwavering support for our favorite colored, Mr. Otis Lindsey. <3 <3 <3

EDIT:
@Cow/O-NO
I decided to pick Peach up seriously for singles as I JUST yesterday used Dsmash more than twice a match for like the first time................man did it feel good. Especially spamming it in teams. Haha, okay so dsmash is hardly the reason, but I digress.
The question is, what are your favorite Peach stages? So far for me, it's been Fountain of Dreams. The moving platforms just scream so much floating and dsmashing ****.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I don't like all this "banning" of characters in a random tourny

lets just let the chips fall, I know a handful of people like myself all know how to play with every character, so are you gonna limit me to playing with bowser, mewtwo, and jiggly puff?

(that's right trey, I just compared your two characters to m2)

I just think if its a random tourney then we should keep it that way, BUT i do agree that people should re-pick if they get their main. but no banning top tiers because they are so easy to ****.

I REALLLY hope I get luigi :)

Ether

Smash Ace
I'm for the idea of being able to play your main if you randomly pick him.

1. Chances are, most people will get some character they don't play. This means there will be a variety of characters to train your main against if you happen to pick him.

2. It works in reverse, too. The people having to use random characters and fight people's mains are forced to think outside of the box and, in effect, play better.

3. The tourney's free, so there's nothing on the line here. Just an opportunity to improve.

It's a win-win-win situation, so some people should just land on their mains and play them.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
@Cow/O-NO
I decided to pick Peach up seriously for singles as I JUST yesterday used Dsmash more than twice a match for like the first time................man did it feel good. Especially spamming it in teams. Haha, okay so dsmash is hardly the reason, but I digress.
The question is, what are your favorite Peach stages? So far for me, it's been Fountain of Dreams. The moving platforms just scream so much floating and dsmashing ****.
You can do some mean stuff with the varied height of platforms at FoD, but its still kind of a small stage, so you lose some of the advantage you have in staying alive forever. I used to counterpick it in tourneys, but i haven't really bothered recently.

I actually don't like dreamland all that much.. i mean, yeah you live forever, but the actual fighting area is kind of big, and i feel really slow when fighting there. It only takes fox like ~12% more damage to kill you with an upsmash there than at other stages, which he can make up for easily enough with platforms and lasers.

i love mute city. I don't always feel like going there, but its such an awesome stage. it screws over so many people's recoveries, and hardly phases you. the only char i don't like fighting there is puff.

DK64 is huge, and i never go there.

yoshi's story is fun for fighting, but not for staying alive. i always feel like i can hit anyone anywhere on that stage as peach, its a nice level of control. shame about it being tiny.

I also like to take fastfallers to FD. I guess i'm kind of a jerk.

Ether

Smash Ace
how about if you land on a main (or a secondary, or even in my case a 3rd) you get the option to re-pick, opt to PICK a low tier or stay?

this way its kind of like the lottery, and if you hit the jackpot you choose your prize.
This sounds good.

So if you land on your main, you can either use your main, pick another character at random, or pick a low tier character (low to bottom tier).

Top Bottom