• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clu Gets a Clue and Learns to Post an Introduction!

Clu

Smash Rookie
NNID
HoodieHero
Holy cow that was cheesy, I'm sorry you had to read that thread title. Truly.
My name is Clu, I am a Pennsylvania Smash 4 Player, and I am super glad to finally be joining this website! So I need to explain myself a bit, and I feel like a self-introduction is in order.

I have always enjoyed Super Smash Brothers, ever since I was a little kid. I would play the game with my friends all the time, even though I never really understood the game. I never was aware of the competitive scene, and I just saw the game as a silly party game to play with my friends. (What a casual ew.)

When Smash 4 came out on Wii U, my friend Noah had a ton of people over to his house to play the new game out. Naturally, everyone got really competitive, and wanted to beat everyone else who was there. Being very competitive in nature, I wanted to be the best among the twenty-or-so people who were present at his house. Out of all the people there, everyone was around an equal skill-level, except for my friend Andrew. Andrew, put lightly, was spanking all of us at the game. He was incredibly good, and none of us could even begin to compete with him in terms of skill. I got fed up with losing, and after leaving that day, I grew determined to practice really hard and beat Andrew. I played a ton, and got a bit better as time went on.

A few months later, Noah and Andrew told me about a Smash 4 Tournament that was being hosted at their high-school. I was eager to show off my newfound-skills. I managed to beat Andrew, and made it into the final round of the tournament. There I played against someone named Chase, who played as Megaman. I was 3-0'ed horribly, as Chase was amazing at the game. He was performing techniques I had never even seen before! I was blown away. I then moved on from my goal of beating Andrew, having accomplished it, and began to strive to beat Chase. This is when I first decided to research the game, and how to win, and this is when I discovered the tournament / competitive scene. It is all history from there.

I have come so far since that tournament, attending many tournaments since. I have improved greatly at the game, and now only want to become better. That is why I am here. :D

I currently play as: Diddy Kong, Fox, and Ness, and I like to think that I play on a pretty high-level as them.

I am always looking for sparring-partners, or people to learn with / from, so don't be afraid to talk to me! :D

Well, that's all from me now, peace!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

:starman:Click here for the Freemium Raffle.:starman:

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @HunterNinjaReaperPirate♤♠ @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Really cool you attend tournaments. I've always wanted to do that, but I gotta improve still. Props to you, either way man.
Fox is great, gotta use a combination of tools and approach options and such to get leeway on your opponents. Against Mega Man, you can definitely make use of that reflector, and try to shield anything you miss. Mega Man can be a tough opponent in the right hands, so it's understandable.

Anyways, to get around the site, use Cyn's post, and if you have any additional inquiries, feel free to ask! Hope you have a good time here. :ness:

Clu

Smash Rookie
NNID
HoodieHero
Really cool you attend tournaments. I've always wanted to do that, but I gotta improve still. Props to you, either way man.
Fox is great, gotta use a combination of tools and approach options and such to get leeway on your opponents. Against Mega Man, you can definitely make use of that reflector, and try to shield anything you miss. Mega Man can be a tough opponent in the right hands, so it's understandable.

Anyways, to get around the site, use Cyn's post, and if you have any additional inquiries, feel free to ask! Hope you have a good time here. :ness:
Thank you so much! :D

Honestly, the way I see it, going to tournaments, even at a low skill-level, helps you improve at the game! I have learned so much at tournaments, even if I don't win there! I recommend you go if you have the means!

Thanks for the tips! Funnily enough, Chase doesn't use Megaman anymore haha. Though I did practice the matchup, and now can body most Megaman players.

Who do you main?

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
I play as Shulk in Smash 4. Although I'm not competitively serious about Smash 4, since I'm a Melee player.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility

Honestly, the way I see it, going to tournaments, even at a low skill-level, helps you improve at the game! I have learned so much at tournaments, even if I don't win there! I recommend you go if you have the means!

Thanks for the tips! Funnily enough, Chase doesn't use Megaman anymore haha. Though I did practice the matchup, and now can body most Megaman players.

Who do you main?
Sm4sh it's Fox and Kirby myself.
Ye, I would attend tournaments a lot but I have a lot of stipulations and such preventing me from doing so :evil: Improvement and such is always fun. But eh, guess I have For Glory and some board bros to hang with for practice and such.

Clu

Smash Rookie
NNID
HoodieHero
Sm4sh it's Fox and Kirby myself.
Ye, I would attend tournaments a lot but I have a lot of stipulations and such preventing me from doing so :evil: Improvement and such is always fun. But eh, guess I have For Glory and some board bros to hang with for practice and such.
That's still awesome! Ii think it is cool that you have a group of people to hang with that you met on the boards! Honestly though, I don't really think For Glory is the best place for practicing, due to the inconsistency in the skill level of the opponents you come across. At least that's how I see it.

Clu

Smash Rookie
NNID
HoodieHero
Welcome to the boards!
Just a quick question, what are these titles under our names?
Like for me, it says: "Smash Rookie", and for you it says "Pranked!" what do these mean? :O

Greetings Clu Clu Welcome to Smash Boards and enjoy your stay in here and more importantly have plenty of fun.

:)

Good luck with Everything and I See You around ^^
Thank you so much! I plan to do so, I really like this site so far. I have been looking for a good community to discuss Smash, and this is FANTASTIC! :D

Just out of sheer curiosity, which Smash games do you play? And also who do you main in those games? I'm really curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Like for me, it says: "Smash Rookie", and for you it says "Pranked!" what do these mean? :O
Titles for normal members are based on post count. Premium members may create custom titles. Pranked users are users that are pranked by Premium users.

Also, try and not double post. Use the edit function. This is to try and keep the forum free of clutter.

Clu

Smash Rookie
NNID
HoodieHero
I play as Shulk in Smash 4. Although I'm not competitively serious about Smash 4, since I'm a Melee player.
Ooh awesome! I have mad respect for both of those statements. I hold Shulk players in high-regard, as Shulk requires a lot of skill and micromanagement to use effectively. Mad props.

I have respect for you being a Melee player as well. I would play Melee, but lack a PC that can run the game on Dolphin, and lack a physical copy of the game; and you know how hard it is to get one of those these days. XD

D

Deleted member

Like Cyn Cyn said above, it's based on post counts. For example, I have 20,000+ posts, right? Then I have the "Smash Obsessed" title. However, as I'm pranked, a different title appears instead.

Clu

Smash Rookie
NNID
HoodieHero
Titles for normal members are based on post count. Premium members may create custom titles. Pranked users are users that are pranked by Premium users.

Also, try and not double post. Use the edit function. This is to try and keep the forum free of clutter.
Ah I see! Thank you so much for the insight, I was a little bit confused by the whole thing. I appreciate the help. C:

By Double Posting, you mean making a copy of this forum thread and posting it once again, correct?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I mean posting.

Then posting again back to back.

This is a double post.

Last edited:

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
Ooh awesome! I have mad respect for both of those statements. I hold Shulk players in high-regard, as Shulk requires a lot of skill and micromanagement to use effectively. Mad props.

I have respect for you being a Melee player as well. I would play Melee, but lack a PC that can run the game on Dolphin, and lack a physical copy of the game; and you know how hard it is to get one of those these days. XD
Melee is quite expensive now. I've had my copy for awhile now though. Good luck getting a copy! In Melee I main Marth and Fox.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ah I see! Thank you so much for the insight, I was a little bit confused by the whole thing. I appreciate the help. C:

By Double Posting, you mean making a copy of this forum thread and posting it once again, correct?
Double posting is essentially posting two messages (or more) in a row. You have to wait until someone posts a message before publishing your next one.

You can also edit your posts and add more content to them.

Clu

Smash Rookie
NNID
HoodieHero
Like Cyn Cyn said above, it's based on post counts. For example, I have 20,000+ posts, right? Then I have the "Smash Obsessed" title. However, as I'm pranked, a different title appears instead.
Thank you for the insight! Much appreciated. C:

Melee is quite expensive now. I've had my copy for awhile now though. Good luck getting a copy! In Melee I main Marth and Fox.
Niiiiiiice! I'm jealous. If I ever got my hands on the game I would probably main Fox or Falco. Not because of that 20XX nonsense mind you, but because I really enjoy Fox in Smash 4, and a faster, more combo-oriented Fox sounds really fun to me. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Clu

Smash Rookie
NNID
HoodieHero
Double posting is essentially posting two messages (or more) in a row. You have to wait until someone posts a message before publishing your next one.

You can also edit your posts and add more content to them.
Oh I see! So responding to my own thread essentially! Got it, thank you for pointing this out to me!

EDIT: I understand now, I need to wait for someone else to respond to my response in order to post again, regardless of who I am talking to. My bad.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh I see! So responding to my own thread essentially! Got it, thank you for pointing this out to me!
Responding to your own post. It's ok to respond in your own thread.

Edit: You got it. Enjoy your time here.

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
Niiiiiiice! I'm jealous. If I ever got my hands on the game I would probably main Fox or Falco. Not because of that 20XX nonsense mind you, but because I really enjoy Fox in Smash 4, and a faster, more combo-oriented Fox sounds really fun to me. Thanks!
Both Fox and Falco are both fun to play as, and against. At least while I'm Marth.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

EDIT: I understand now, I need to wait for someone else to respond to my response in order to post again, regardless of who I am talking to. My bad.
Yeah, exactly. That's what I meant. Either way, I hope you enjoy your time here!

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
That's still awesome! Ii think it is cool that you have a group of people to hang with that you met on the boards! Honestly though, I don't really think For Glory is the best place for practicing, due to the inconsistency in the skill level of the opponents you come across. At least that's how I see it.
It definitely ain't a good place to practice, but I see it as a good place to at least get used to trying to predict opponents
Actually I'm apart of a Smash skype group of sorts, so if you wanna join it sometime feel free to ask. Albeit you're probably better than all of us save one guy who mains :4metaknight:

Clu

Smash Rookie
NNID
HoodieHero
It definitely ain't a good place to practice, but I see it as a good place to at least get used to trying to predict opponents
Actually I'm apart of a Smash skype group of sorts, so if you wanna join it sometime feel free to ask. Albeit you're probably better than all of us save one guy who mains :4metaknight:
Oh man that sounds like a great time! I'm not too good at playing online honestly, due to my less than stellar internet. Once I get my hands on my new router in the next few weeks, I will let you know! I'm definitely up for this group, and thank you for the invitation. c:

Clu

Smash Rookie
NNID
HoodieHero
Just Brawl and Smash 4 these days. Could never get into Melee on any serious level.
I see. I'm the same way, except I don't play Brawl these days. I'm focusing my efforts on getting really serious about Smash 4. What hurts Melee for me, is the lack of accessibility to the game. I lack a PC good enough to run the game, and a physical copy is next to impossible to aqcuire.

Top Bottom