• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cloud?

Xpwnage123

Smash Cadet
Anyone else find this match up to be really difficult? I'm normally pretty good at adapting, but I find him extremely challenging. His blade beam and limit break charge force me to approach him. Whenever I try to hit him with an aerial, he'll punish me with a down smash, or an up air. And I find so many of his attacks to be hard to punish. Basically, forces me to approach and then limits all my options. Any ideas on how to deal with Cloud?

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Forget about approaching him. You can throw nearly 4 eggs from the air per blade beam he can shoot. Force him to approach you and ignore him charging his limit break.

When he's forced to approach you because of his huge lack of anything from his throws all you need to do is shield against him, it literally doesn't matter if he grabs and throws you as long as you dodge or shield follow ups. This means he can't really kill without a hard read or a very poor decision by you that puts you in an unsafe position in range of him with lag from one of your moves.

Just play safe and he isn't a problem.

Also, throw him off stage and gimp just like a Little Mac, dair interrupts his upB, one nair hit while offstage and he's dead.

He hits hard and that's scary, but if you treat him like the other heavies (DK/Bowser/Ganon/Dedede) but with no threatening grab then he's not really a threat. The only threat he can be is through unsafe play. He lacks tools to threaten a shielding opponent.

Top Bottom