• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

cloud combo

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
whatever. people im sure have already thought of it but i do it often and it works well and many characters it just depends on the percent! (i wanted to name it)

Grab!(of course)
Popo-d/f throw
Nana-F-smash(while being thrown)
Popo-Ice block
NAna-Nanapault
Follow through.

the forward smash sends them in front of you.
The ice block will hit them if they fall fast and miss a tech...

and if they jump the nanapault gets them and you can follow up with a regrab/smash/more combo stuff.

what do you think?

heres a video im uploading a short video of me doing it in game. no training possibleness. this is on humans!

here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLJkiJCygHk

Binx

Smash Master
I think it depends on the character and the ammount of space, i think on some levels this could force them to tech towards to and could be brutal. ive been doing similar variations for it against noobs, I cant say exactly what beats it cause I have never expected it to hit but I beleive a simple tech in place and they are mobile enough to get out of the way.

I could see using this against Marths maybe since there really arent many chain throws. One I was experimenting with was bthrow nana ice block, but Marth can just jump out before the Ice hits and then you are desynched and then nana dies and then popo dies. Although this is similar to what happens no matter what... sigh.

I think we should all get together and learn a throw that works against marth.

Binx

Smash Master
Hmm, you do the nana pult much sooner than I was thinking of doing it, you know you might have just found something pretty impressive, good **** job, I always waited for the block to hit.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
yeah i do them as close together as possible so that it covers a lot of area!

if you combo from it you can do atleast 50 damage. the throw/smash and blizzard does about 25-33

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
hmm...nice video

i was thinking like Binx, think that the ice block hit the target

i enjoyed this combo...will try to use this tomorrow in my friends
\o/

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
The iceblock probably would connect on a fast faller if they don't happen to land on a platform. That's actually the only "real" criticism I have about this rather interesting sequence; Nana might land on platforms while the enemy stays under it. But because of the likelihood that they'll jump out of the F-smash and into the Nanapult, that puts them in an awkward position.

I wouldn't recommend using this against Samus, Luigi, Peach, or any character with a good n-air, just because they could use it out of Nana's blizzard and put serious pain on you for trying to follow-up. Characters like Marth though... this is a good way to get beneath him and gain a positional advantage.

I'm going to try it next time I play :D

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
good stuff..ur the one who came to my tourny or was that another cloud guy
it must of been somebody else lolz

and yeah good advice wobbles. of course it depends on what level you are on and where your located in that level. Its a nice addition to their growing list of grab setup combos !

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Looks interesting. Like Wobbles, I'll try it out next time I play some fleshies, which probly won't be for a while...

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Well, as long as we're contributing interesting combos, this is one I've been messing around with and hope to try against a real person soon. It's another fast faller combo, sadly, and I don't think we *need* anymore of those. But it's a nice way to confuse people instead of always using the normal d-throw d-air.

Basically, P-Grab, N-Reverse B-air into

Grab - This works at really low percents if they try to DI away and then smash DI the hit. It should put them right back in front of you.
Dash-attack - Works at middle percents when they wind up semi-close to you. Against Falco or Falcon, it leads into another grab, since they're almost guaranteed not to smash DI it away.

Another alternative would be:

P-D-throw, N-U-air, P-grab/dash attack. At low percents you wouldn't have to worry about them smash DI'ing out of the up-air compared to the d-air. And the dash attack would set up a grab, up-smash/tilt, or tech-chase depending how they DI it.

Let's keep going with more mixups.

Using autocanceled u-air, you can combo after things like dash attacks and up-smashes into grabs against fast fallers. I actually did a legitimate 0-death combo on a Fox with one IC by doing up-throw, dash attack, grab, up-throw, dash attack, auto-canceled u-air, grab, down-throw, f-smash. By the end he was so confused he DI'ed into the throw, then away from the smash. It was awesome.

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
sorry to use the tread to a question with nothing about the tread....but how can i autocanceled the uair of the ics ?

thx guys

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I actually did a legitimate 0-death combo on a Fox with one IC by doing up-throw, dash attack, grab, up-throw, dash attack, auto-canceled u-air, grab, down-throw, f-smash. By the end he was so confused he DI'ed into the throw, then away from the smash. It was awesome.
LMFAO oh wow good shiet

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Wobbles on Taj's account: If you short hop u-air without fast falling, you can get an auto-cancel on it. Pretty advantageous, since the L-cancel lag is horrendous.

You need to have the u-air out within 2 or 3 frames of short hopping though... makes it kind of hard.

Edit: I find it way harder than the b-air autocancel just because u-airing requires more precision out of a short hop.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i see, thanks for the info. is it much harder than the bair auto cancel or is it about the same?

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Taj posts on the IC boards. I always knew he was a lover at heart. Anyways, I like the sound of that shiz'stuff. Didn't know you could auto-cancel the uair like that. Will try to remember...

BerDinosaur

Smash Cadet
Flashy combo. Looks sick and tacks on quite a lot of damage. I've only begun taking up the IC's and that combo appears out of my league right now. It looks hard, too hard for me at least. Also, from what I've heard, the nanapult isn't very reliable. Can someone verify?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Flashy combo. Looks sick and tacks on quite a lot of damage. I've only begun taking up the IC's and that combo appears out of my league right now. It looks hard, too hard for me at least. Also, from what I've heard, the nanapult isn't very reliable. Can someone verify?
It generally leaves nana WAY open. WAY TOO OPEN.

but this combo covers it pretty well. because of the block on the ground.

Top Bottom