• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abra-ca-awesome

Smash Cadet
I haven't had any exposure to FE, really, so another clone slot dedicated to a franchise I haven't played over one that I have would bug me. I was just asking you if you had a personal set of reasons to seeing her favorably, especially seeing her support in the polls. Conversation, is all :)

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
abra-ca-awesome said:
Lyn: As much as I think Smash needs more female representation (it REALLY does), I don't think FE is deserving of a fourth slot in PM, especially over other franchises with less (Metroid, DK, etc).
I was mostly running off of this. I just figured he meant that he could have his mind changed if Lyn was cool enough to earn the next spot.

... annnnnnnnyyyyywho. A quick question. If Black Shadow were to become the current Dorf set, is there any eminent animation changes that would take place? Like, anything classic he has done that would be cool to animate over certain moves?

Last edited:

abra-ca-awesome

Smash Cadet
I was mostly running off of this. I just figured he meant that he could have his mind changed if Lyn was cool enough to earn the next spot.
I totally agree with you in that whatever PMBR decides to do, it'll be freakin sweet :) and that my opinions are based less in moveset potential and more in franchise representation. I'm sure that any character, Lyn or otherwise, could have an amazing fight in them.

Shin F.

Smash Master
What Solbliminal was arguing was that this:
abra-ca-awesome said:
Bowser Jr.: Also iffy, especially given how the Mario franchise is already well-represented, but the spawn of King Koopa could definitely have a unique place in the roster, especially if incoporating his Shadow Mario trickery
And this:
abra-ca-awesome said:
Lyn: As much as I think Smash needs more female representation (it REALLY does), I don't think FE is deserving of a fourth slot in PM, especially over other franchises with less (Metroid, DK, etc).
Are somewhat contradicting. Even if he meant that a Fire Emblem character would ruin things a bit, what he said was that he didn't think FE deserved another slot, which implies that he thinks it is well-repped and voted her down for that. This is a valid reason and would have been counted, but it was questionable that he thought the same of Mario and yet still voted up the character. He was willing to give one character a pass for the same thing another character was voted down for. That doesn't mean his vote wouldn't have counted, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out this contradiction.

He later explained that he felt 2 Clone Engine spots going to the same series was too much, and that actually makes his reason quite different from the original, which was that it was over-repped. His vote would have counted either way, but his logic is a lot more sound now, and is even something I can agree with.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that even if we disagree and argue with a down-vote, that doesn't mean we're not going to count it.

Last edited:

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
I'll definitely say, the sheer style points Lyn has to her favor compared to any other swordmaster of the FE cast does her justice even considering representation.

... Still, Hector now and forever. If only you all knew... actually, anyone want an idea why Hector fans are Hector fans? Check out a video on youtube called "Hector Does What".

... I probably should drop this. Or maybe become famous for being one of those guys who never stop their doom-to-fail crusade. It'll be hilarious.

EDIT: Eh, either way, it works. Wasn't even trying to push it or anything, I just kind of thought there looked like some misunderstanding somewhere along the lines, and I tend to like to diffuse that before it causes any actual issues. Glad to see it worked out... Can't say I did anything of value there, but it worked out. :laugh:

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I haven't had any exposure to FE, really, so another clone slot dedicated to a franchise I haven't played over one that I have would bug me. I was just asking you if you had a personal set of reasons to seeing her favorably, especially seeing her support in the polls. Conversation, is all :)
The way you replied gave me no indication otherwise. Even after I explained the reason we have down-votes. You have no reason to act as if anyone here was trying to change your mind. We just wanted clarity in your reasoning. Which you DID provide us with shortly after. These technicalities are necessary to prevent people from down-voting just to make the chances of their character better. I'm in no way against the fact you down-voted her initially. Hell, most of your votes were satisfying to me honestly. Especially Ray if you couldn't tell by my signature.

... annnnnnnnyyyyywho. A quick question. If Black Shadow were to become the current Dorf set, is there any eminent animation changes that would take place? Like, anything classic he has done that would be cool to animate over certain moves?
To your first statement, its fine don't worry about it. It is just my job to make sure people aren't down-voting "just bcuz". As for Shadow Dorf, people were speaking of him using dark magic and his sword.

I totally agree with you in that whatever PMBR decides to do, it'll be freakin sweet :) and that my opinions are based less in moveset potential and more in franchise representation. I'm sure that any character, Lyn or otherwise, could have an amazing fight in them.
Again, this is the indifference I was referring to. If the character does not otherwise hamper your experience, you really have no reason to down-vote them.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Just saw this edit. I don't think Black Shadow does much more than race, so he could literally just use Ganondorf's animations with no changes at all, I think. Maybe he'd have changes for the moves that actually do belong to Ganondorf (his f-tilt, for instance, actually does belong with Ganon), but for the most part he wouldn't change.

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
That wouldn't be indifference in combination with his other point. In fact, the idea that any character will be done well reinforces how basing downvotes on series over-representation deserves to be valid; a good counterpoint is that it prevents the chance for a unique, awesome character, but then one can argue back that the other character will be awesome and unique as well. Of course, you can still debate the merits of the particular awesome and unique involved, but he is just saying that since he is confident in either character's quality, he can safely be more concerned about other factors like representation.

Last edited:

abra-ca-awesome

Smash Cadet
The way you replied gave me no indication otherwise. Even after I explained the reason we have down-votes. You have no reason to act as if anyone here was trying to change your mind. We just wanted clarity in your reasoning. Which you DID provide us with shortly after. These technicalities are necessary to prevent people from down-voting just to make the chances of their character better. I'm in no way against the fact you down-voted her initially. Hell, most of your votes were satisfying to me honestly. Especially Ray if you couldn't tell by my signature.
As long as my point's understood, I'm happy as a clam. CustomRobo4Lyfe

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Real talk, as a long time FE fan I do not see anything interesting that Lyn adds besides her gender. So when people say she seems like a useless addition, I sympathize.
When I see people defensive about Lyn, I also bet barely any of them played an FE before Scrubwakening :p
I played every FE, and FE7 was my first, people have been clamoring for lyn since pre-brawl (but Ike had to take the spotlight), idk where you get your logic that awakeners want lyn (lol i agree that game is scruby/waifu based) however, they want chrom and lucina, especially lucy, because female.

We here advocate lyn because of her PLAYSTYLE. And if you see nothing she can bring to the table then obviously you need to play more soul caliber and vergil.

Oh and btw, people do defend Ike, its just the chrom people wanted him cut because they wanted chrom, I can't believe people still dismiss lyn as "oh people liek hur cuz she's a gurl".

I mean come on guys, Isaac and Lyn look like they're completely doable, and are well liked, its probably gonna happen. as for the last 3 its really up for grabs. (inb4 knux lel)

Last edited:

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Clearly we should just split the difference and make Hector x Lyn canonical in Project M by making them an Ice Climber type character. :p

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
That wouldn't be indifference in combination with his other point. In fact, the idea that any character will be done well reinforces how basing downvotes on series over-representation deserves to be valid;
Considering he was okay with one series being over-repped, and admits that the series he is voting for is indeed well-repped, it is not a valid argument to say against another series.

a good counterpoint is that it prevents the chance for a unique, awesome character, but then one can argue back that the other character will be awesome and unique as well. Of course, you can still debate the merits of the particular awesome and unique involved, but he is just saying that since he is confident in either character's quality, he can safely be more concerned about other factors like representation.
And factoring what I said above, it is still indifference. This conversation is pointless, so to the point.

@ abra-ca-awesome abra-ca-awesome Are you against Lyn being in the game, and does she hinder your experience? Give me a straight answer so we can close this book and move on to a more positive discussion.

abra-ca-awesome

Smash Cadet
Considering he was okay with one series being over-repped, and admits that the series he is voting for is indeed well-repped, it is not a valid argument to say against another series.

And factoring what I said above, it is still indifference. This conversation is pointless, so to the point.

@ abra-ca-awesome abra-ca-awesome Are you against Lyn being in the game, and does she hinder your experience? Give me a straight answer so we can close this book and move on to a more positive discussion.
....Maaaaybe?
:p

Seriously, though, for the sake of closing books, we can call it indifference.
I freakin' love the Mario franchise, and I think its place in Nintendo All-Starness is pretty concrete, so devoting a single clone roster space to them would be worthy of a half-vote from me.
Honestly, I just really want my full vote reps to have their chance in the sun, and am more curious in the potentials of my 1/2 votes. Didn't give them too much thought outside of potential awesomeness and repping games that I love.
I downvoted Lyn because I genuinely think that FE has enough representation in PM, and would rather see the remaining clone spots put to different use, BUT I don't think she or any character could possibly hurt my personal Smash experience.

Hopefully, that clears any and all confusion :) If my downvotes need to be stricken from the record, so be it.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
....Maaaaybe?
:p

Seriously, though, for the sake of closing books, we can call it indifference.
I freakin' love the Mario franchise, and I think its place in Nintendo All-Starness is pretty concrete, so devoting a single clone roster space to them would be worthy of a half-vote from me.
Honestly, I just really want my full vote reps to have their chance in the sun, and am more curious in the potentials of my 1/2 votes. Didn't give them too much thought outside of potential awesomeness and repping games that I love.
I downvoted Lyn because I genuinely think that FE has enough representation in PM, and would rather see the remaining clone spots put to different use, BUT I don't think she or any character could possibly hurt my personal Smash experience.

Hopefully, that clears any and all confusion :) If my downvotes need to be stricken from the record, so be it.
Alright. If you are standing by this message, we can skip over Lyn entirely and move onto a discussion. Sorry this dragged out for so long guys. I acted on my gut with this situation and it lasted longer than I thought it would. Didn't mean to start any arguments or cause confusion. Thank you very much Shin, JCOnyx, and Anti-Guy for helping out with this matter. I did my best to help in this situation, so I hope this didn't bother you guys.

Now about your top 5 picks. Was there anyone among them that you wanted to discuss in particular?

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Out of abra-ca-awesome's positive votes, King K. Rool is the one who has had the least discussion. He seems like one of the hardest villains to include to be quite honest. The best base we have for him would be DDD and even that is shaky at best. Animating would be a nightmare... Link wouldn't be too bad either, they could change boomerang to KKR's crown toss.

But despite all of that, he has a somewhat strong following in P:M. What do you guys think would work best with him, and what workarounds could the PMBR possibly take to lighten their load a bit?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly I think he'd be the most hype newcomer by far for me. If they could use Link as a base without having too many problems with the size, they could easily make the boomerang into the crown, and maybe the bombs into an explosive Klobber?

I'm not familiar enough with the clone engine's processes to really think out a character, but a while ago I thought up a moveset that was more physical-based than projectile based that used Bowser. If it was even possible to turn the flame breath into a crown, it might help. K. Rool could easily share an extremely similar down-b with Bowser, since he does a butt-slam in DK64.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
King K. Rool would be one of the most supported and hyped characters here were it not for the sad fact that no one can think of a base for him that isn't awkward. It's the Porky dilemma: who the hell do you use for a base? With Porky it's a character to make a spider mech-looking body off of, and K. Rool it's a tall, bipedal, fat reptile (Charizard?) that also has access to things that could make boomerang crowns and Swiss army blunderbuss antics possible (Charizard). Some have suggested Dedede but the body isn't tall and skinny enough--K. Rool is fat but not quite that fat.

So K. Rool probably won't really be getting off the ground, much to my dismay. At least there's Dixie, though.

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, whoever they would use as the initial base for Rool, the fact is he would eventually be very much his own thing... not an immediate chance killer, but it doesn't hurt to be respectful of the manhours an character would take.

I think my biggest issue would be blowing my brains out figuring the best moves to draw upon. Wily sucker has done alot of things over his long career.

SmashBrosPM

Smash Cadet
Unlike the others, I will say the Possible Characters (for me) per series!

-Mario series: Waluigi (as a NEW Character)

-DK Series: Dixie Kong (as a Diddy Clone+Donkey Up Special)

-Zelda Series: Skull Kid (partly new, maybe inspired of Young Link from Melee)

-Metroid Series: Dark Samus (as a Faster and flotty clone of Samus)

-Yoshi: Nobody

-Kirby: Nobody

-StarFox: Nobody (Again...)

-Pokemon: Pichu (with the Self damage from Melee and the atributes of SSB64 Pikachu, it would make a cool balance!)

-Mother: Masked Man (as a NEW Character! It will be very different compared to the others 2!)

-F-Zero: Black Shadow (as a Ganondorf Clone, IF His moveset is changed)

-Fire Emblem: Nobody

-Wario: Ashley (I'd say NEW, but it could be inspired of Zelda)

-Kid Icarus: Nobody

-Pikmin: Nobody

-Retro-Series: Nobody

-Third-Party Series: Nobody

-Unrepresented Series: Isaac (from Golden Sun as a NEW Character) & Ray (from Custom Robo as a NEW character)

As you See I've Put only Female or vilains Characters for the existant series and only 2 unrepresented series Characters (for a total of 10 Characters)! I think everyone should do the same!

abra-ca-awesome

Smash Cadet
K. Rool's problems are definitely tied to his proportions. Looking at pre-existing K. Rool skins over Dedede help demonstrate the size disparity. He's either too small or too Dedede-shaped, both of which are tough to work around. Not to mention narrowing down a moveset that encompasses the dude's tenure. Like Banjodorf suggested above, maybe a more-physical moveset could implemented over a large character like Bowser wihout too much trouble (I'd love to see such a moveset, by the way), and I'm sure a heavy character could have his physics tweaked to resemble the rubber-banding momentum that the King has, but K. Rool is tricky no matter how you slice it.

On another character I mentioned, how do you all feel about Sukapon? I think Cubelarooso's post HERE is incredibly detailed and highlights the potential he/she/it has in Smash more than any follow-up posts could hope to have, so more generally what do YOU think of his potential? Does PM Smash need more retro reps, would a jointless hit/hurtbox machine be too difficult for implementation, etc etc

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Gotta say my I put in my upvotes for Lyn and Isaac. Two characters that have the potential to be super unique, and diversity. Lyn is a woman, which definitely helps here, but her Iai style swordplay is also quite different from the rest of the cast (Marth/Roy kind of like fencing, Ike being brute strength). Isaac's series is cruelly underrepresented, and his moveset would be something special.

If I could upvote Crono, I would in a heartbeat

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Gotta say my I put in my upvotes for Lyn and Isaac. Two characters that have the potential to be super unique, and diversity. Lyn is a woman, which definitely helps here, but her Iai style swordplay is also quite different from the rest of the cast (Marth/Roy kind of like fencing, Ike being brute strength).
You know, its funny that Ike is so brute strength, given his canonical style is clean, skilled medieval-esque swordsmanship. Neither fencing nor Iaijutsu, but something that fits the mercenary/hero class of the series.

... Canon-Ike-al/Hector like Black Shadow/Canondorf, lets go!

MLGF

Smash Lord
I played every FE, and FE7 was my first, people have been clamoring for lyn since pre-brawl (but Ike had to take the spotlight), idk where you get your logic that awakeners want lyn (lol i agree that game is scruby/waifu based) however, they want chrom and lucina, especially lucy, because female.

We here advocate lyn because of her PLAYSTYLE. And if you see nothing she can bring to the table then obviously you need to play more soul caliber and vergil.

Oh and btw, people do defend Ike, its just the chrom people wanted him cut because they wanted chrom, I can't believe people still dismiss lyn as "oh people liek hur cuz she's a gurl".

I mean come on guys, Isaac and Lyn look like they're completely doable, and are well liked, its probably gonna happen. as for the last 3 its really up for grabs. (inb4 knux lel)
I've played all of them as well, LTC most of em, don't act above me when I'm pretty much in your exact position.
I just know on FE sites such as Serenes, characters like Lyn and Roy are not nearly as well liked as people clamor them to be. Granted, this is the hardcore of the series but that's where my data comes from.

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit, this is the first site I have seen such a huge following for Lyn ABOVE other lords. Seriously, my previous experience is that Ike, Ephraim, and Hector are the go-to memetic badasses of the series.

Which is unfair, because Lyn IS just as badass. But yeah, learned something from this site.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I've played all of them as well, LTC most of em, don't act above me when I'm pretty much in your exact position.
I just know on FE sites such as Serenes, characters like Lyn and Roy are not nearly as well liked as people clamor them to be. Granted, this is the hardcore of the series but that's where my data comes from.
In that case I'm curious: who DO they like?

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
See above. Hector, Ike, and Ephraim for English releases. The names of the primary lords for FE4, whose names escape me, seem to be popular as well (the originals in terms of lords being superior units to any others.)

MLGF

Smash Lord
In that case I'm curious: who DO they like?
Ike is hands down the most popular English lord, at least FE9 Ike, IIRC. As said, Hector and Ephraim are also popular, but some dude pretty much ripped apart all of FE7's story and now his popularity is controversial and Ephraim has some hate just because FE8 had some grinding elements... so yeah, broken base.

Sigurd is seen to be pretty popular, along with Leif as they are pretty different from other lords. Sigurd's popularity has diminished while Leif's popularity increases over time. It has something to do with FE13 just doing what FE4 wanted to do but kinda better, while Thracia is still really unique and creative. Then again, some people still like Sigurd for making Meta Knight in Brawl look well designed (we love broken) while people hate Leif because his game was made on crack. So yeah, broken base.

Chrom and Lucina are kinda interesting, along with the whole game. Lot of people love the fanservice for older fans along with bringing in more fans, but others say it's map design makes it feel more like a shallow grinder. The characters themselves are usually claimed to be overrated or absolutely great much like the game itself. So yeah, broken base.

Really, I think the idea of Ike being at least "pretty good" and that the older games usually are more memorable because they take risks are the only consistent things in the fandom... and even that has some controversy.

They make the Smash fandom look sane.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Ike is hands down the most popular English lord, at least FE9 Ike, IIRC. As said, Hector and Ephraim are also popular, but some dude pretty much ripped apart all of FE7's story and now his popularity is controversial and Ephraim has some hate just because FE8 had some grinding elements... so yeah, broken base.

Sigurd is seen to be pretty popular, along with Leif as they are pretty different from other lords. Sigurd's popularity has diminished while Leif's popularity increases over time. It has something to do with FE13 just doing what FE4 wanted to do but kinda better, while Thracia is still really unique and creative. Then again, some people still like Sigurd for making Meta Knight in Brawl look well designed (we love broken) while people hate Leif because his game was made on crack. So yeah, broken base.

Chrom and Lucina are kinda interesting, along with the whole game. Lot of people love the fanservice for older fans along with bringing in more fans, but others say it's map design makes it feel more like a shallow grinder. The characters themselves are usually claimed to be overrated or absolutely great much like the game itself. So yeah, broken base.

Really, I think the idea of Ike being at least "pretty good" and that the older games usually are more memorable because they take risks are the only consistent things in the fandom... and even that has some controversy.

They make the Smash fandom look sane.
I guess all that's good to know, then. Ike IS pretty cool, so that's consistent between both fandoms at least :p

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Hate to be a negative nancy here but the more i read this thread and people's responses in it, the more i get the feeling that no new characters will be added to PM.:ohwell: It's not so much that you all are providing bad responses (for the most part you aren't) but it's moreso just that it's such a diverse cast of characters already in the game that really who else needs to be added? Alot of the reasoning being used for one character can be applied across the board to others, and the reasoning being used against characters is just really biased which isn't a fault by intention but rather personal taste. A prime example is pichu. You have people that love pichu on one side, people that hate pichu on another side, and people who don't care either way. Just from a general perspective how is one supposed to satisfy all parties involved here? By not adding pichu you anger those who like him. By choosing to add pichu you anger those who dislike him. People who don't care are just everything inbetween. You can semi satisfy all parties by making pichu an assist trophy but that would probably be even worse than just not including him.

Of course with each character it goes deeper than that in terms of movesets, representation of series', uniqueness, value, effort etc. The main point here though is that there is no one without a doubt that could be added that the majority would agree with. The reason being is just that no one character excels above the others in terms of all the reasoning possible for them being included. It's almost as if every character suggested is just a general frame that can be molded and even though some frames have certain things that others don't, they can each be modified to be whatever we desire them to be. No frame is inherently better than any other. I almost feel like the only characters that can be added that would somewhat please everyone are....well..... characters from the smash series.

The more i think about it, the more tabuu seems viable to me. Again i know he's subject to everything i just said above but he's different in that he directly comes from smash and is representing...well...everyone. With him there is no bickering over whether he deserves a spot or not because he's already in. He can represent the smash series as a whole since there is no character that already does so ( i know its a crossover fighter but still). He can borrow the best moves from every character and be tweaked for balance and it would not only fit his character but pay homage to smash in general and be less work. He wouldn't need any voice work so that would save time. He could essentially be what seth was from sf4. It sounds weird but he's so generic but just specific enough that he's the perfect character to choose.

Sure he might be an odd ball pick but could you really get even more mad with him in than you already are? He's in brawl already so making him playable is just an upgrade from his boss status. Adding tabuu would be like sakurai's inclusion of the wii fit trainer. Sure it's a little abstract and at first you might be butthurt but it's just the right move to let people to know to take a step back and appreciate what's there. We've already got 41 characters. I think adding just one more character that has a balanced moveset that pays tribute to all other characters and a deeper meaning than you couldn't tell at first glance is an excellent move to say "smash has come far, let's just have fun with it".

/rant

Shin F.

Smash Master
Hate to be a negative nancy here but the more i read this thread and people's responses in it, the more i get the feeling that no new characters will be added to PM.:ohwell: It's not so much that you all are providing bad responses (for the most part you aren't) but it's moreso just that it's such a diverse cast of characters already in the game that really who else needs to be added? Alot of the reasoning being used for one character can be applied across the board to others, and the reasoning being used against characters is just really biased which isn't a fault by intention but rather personal taste. A prime example is pichu. You have people that love pichu on one side, people that hate pichu on another side, and people who don't care either way. Just from a general perspective how is one supposed to satisfy all parties involved here? By not adding pichu you anger those who like him. By choosing to add pichu you anger those who dislike him. People who don't care are just everything inbetween. You can semi satisfy all parties by making pichu an assist trophy but that would probably be even worse than just not including him.

Of course with each character it goes deeper than that in terms of movesets, representation of series', uniqueness, value, effort etc. The main point here though is that there is no one without a doubt that could be added that the majority would agree with. The reason being is just that no one character excels above the others in terms of all the reasoning possible for them being included. It's almost as if every character suggested is just a general frame that can be molded and even though some frames have certain things that others don't, they can each be modified to be whatever we desire them to be. No frame is inherently better than any other. I almost feel like the only characters that can be added that would somewhat please everyone are....well..... characters from the smash series.

The more i think about it, the more tabuu seems viable to me. Again i know he's subject to everything i just said above but he's different in that he directly comes from smash and is representing...well...everyone. With him there is no bickering over whether he deserves a spot or not because he's already in. He can represent the smash series as a whole since there is no character that already does so ( i know its a crossover fighter but still). He can borrow the best moves from every character and be tweaked for balance and it would not only fit his character but pay homage to smash in general and be less work. He wouldn't need any voice work so that would save time. He could essentially be what seth was from sf4. It sounds weird but he's so generic but just specific enough that he's the perfect character to choose.

Sure he might be an odd ball pick but could you really get even more mad with him in than you already are? He's in brawl already so making him playable is just an upgrade from his boss status. Adding tabuu would be like sakurai's inclusion of the wii fit trainer. Sure it's a little abstract and at first you might be butthurt but it's just the right move to let people to know to take a step back and appreciate what's there. We've already got 41 characters. I think adding just one more character that has a balanced moveset that pays tribute to all other characters and a deeper meaning than you couldn't tell at first glance is an excellent move to say "smash has come far, let's just have fun with it".

/rant
FYI, Tabuu already has a Ganondorf PSA if you want to look at it that takes advantage of his SSE abilities. It's on the vault.

In any case, even if PMBR makes oddball choices, people will eventually get over them. I mean, a lot people hated ROB when he was chosen, but now you've got people that downright adore him and most at least tolerate him. It'll be the same case with characters PMBR chooses, even if they're not popular. And then, there are some really popular characters that most would welcome with open arms, like Isaac.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
FYI, Tabuu already has a Ganondorf PSA if you want to look at it that takes advantage of his SSE abilities. It's on the vault.

In any case, even if PMBR makes oddball choices, people will eventually get over them. I mean, a lot people hated ROB when he was chosen, but now you've got people that downright adore him and most at least tolerate him. It'll be the same case with characters PMBR chooses, even if they're not popular. And then, there are some really popular characters that most would welcome with open arms, like Isaac.
Isaac, Ray, and Andy would be the most insane trio of characters I could even remotely fathom for Project M. You get your medieval sword mage, your futuristic toy battle robot, and your modern day war strategist mechanic. That is three of the most diverse character types you could add to a game. And mind you, I don't care much for Advance Wars, nor have I played Golden Sun. But I can safely say if these were 3 of the characters we got, that would be some of the best off branch representation you could get for Project M. It would be pretty damn hype.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
The PMBR will eventually confirm Ridfirm Conley and then the Clone Engine will be destroyed and eternally forgotten.

So can't we all just touch tips and forget about any other character propositions?

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Wait, someone ripped into the fe7 story? Could you pm me a link or synopsis?

Also, tabuu as a kind of meta character with an allstar list of specials? Why am I having flashes of Seth from SF4?

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
y so many pages tho I'm gone for a week and u do diss to me
Ontopic: Hector is best bro

Unrelated but related: Condor is savior deliver him halfvotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom