• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cleveland Area, Smash Tournaments + Gaming Convention March 21st & 22nd

BlindEyE

Smash Apprentice

Heya folks, on March 21st and 22nd, NEOVGCON '08 will be hosting 5 SSBM tournaments, 2 on Friday the 21st and 3 on Saturday the 22nd. Other Tournaments will be held as well if interested.

The Smash Tournaments will cost $5 to play per tournament.

Payouts will be 1st = $50, 2nd = $30, 3rd = $20.

Max Players for each tournament will be 30.

Friday, March 21st
1st Tournament Session Pre-Registration starts @ 3:15pm
1st Tournament Starts @ 4:00pm

2nd Tournament Session Pre-Registration Starts @ 6:00pm
2nd Tournament Starts @ 6:45pm

Saturday, March 22nd
1st Tournament Session Pre-Registration starts @ 11:00pm
1st Tournament Starts @ 11:45pm

2nd Tournament Session Pre-Registration Starts @ 3:00pm
2nd Tournament Starts @ 3:45pm

3rd Tournament Session Pre-Registration Starts @ 7:15pm
3rd Tournament Starts @ 8:00pm

-------------------------------------------------------------------

For Details on the Convention and Schedule for all tournaments and events can be found on the link below,

http://neovgcon.lan2unow.com/html/home.html

For directions to the location of the NEOVGCON '08 view the link below,

Holiday Inn - Strongsville, Ohio
Hours: Fri - 10am to 10pm
Sat - 9am to 11pm

http://neovgcon.lan2unow.com/html/directions.html

4% APR

Smash Champion
Dang, you should have let me know ahead of time Rich, There's no way can make it. Oh well

BlindEyE

Smash Apprentice
Dang, you should have let me know ahead of time Rich, There's no way can make it. Oh well

Yeah I am sorry I couldn't get the info out sooner, we were waiting to here from Gamestop about getting Consoles and games. So things sortof materialized at the last minute.

so is this melee or brawl?
The Tournaments will be for Super Smash Bros. Melee as we could not aquire enough copies of Brawl to have enough Tournament stations to do Brawl.

Brawl will be here for play though at one or two of the stations, but just no tournament.

soap

Smash Hero
on saturday the first tourney is at 11;45 am im assuming instead of pm.

and yay melee, ima little rusty but this looks fun

and the ruleset? i dont wanna go if there are some janky gamestop type rules (i.e. one minute random character matches with items on...wtf?)

soap

Smash Hero
also i just checked that site and it doesnt say anything about a melee tourney on friday

also, who else is going? im drivin out to actually play some solid melee not just win 50 bucks

BlindEyE

Smash Apprentice
on saturday the first tourney is at 11;45 am im assuming instead of pm.

and yay melee, ima little rusty but this looks fun

and the ruleset? i dont wanna go if there are some janky gamestop type rules (i.e. one minute random character matches with items on...wtf?)

The rules will be the Standard MLG rules same I use @ ESCAPE, and if you check the tournament section that is where you will find all the tournaments held, for some reason on the actual schedule list it only shows one Melee Tournament but it is acutally 5 tournaments, 2 on friday and 3 on saturday as listed above and you can play in all 5 if you pay for all 5, so if you win all 5 thats $250.

BlindEyE

Smash Apprentice
Upade!

The 2nd Session of Smash on Saturday will be a Brawl tournament, the thrid tournament depending on a vote will either stay Melee or become a Brawl tournament. The first tournament will still be a Melee tournament.

Again this Update is for Saturdays Smash Tournaments.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
That was a pretty fun tourney. Too bad not many people showed up and only 3 stations instead of 6. Fun nonetheless.

Top Bottom