• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Claw grip vs re-mapping

zerossoul

Smash Rookie
I started getting competitive early in smash 4 and I quickly found the need to do short hop ariels, and my thumb could only do so much. I heard about claw grip and tried it out, but I realized that re-mapping Z to jump and X to grab was much more effective for me, especially since I used to map my R button to jump in the Megaman Zero series. My question is, why do I still see so many people using claw grip? I understand it's needed for melee, but is there a reason outside of melee why claw grip is better than re-maping?

Last edited:

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
I started getting competitive early in smash 4 and I quickly found the need to do short hop ariels, and my thumb could only do so much. I heard about claw grip and tried it out, but I realized that re-mapping Z to jump and X to grab was much more effective for me, especially since I used to map my R button to jump in the Megaman Zero series. My question is, why do I still see so many people using claw grip? I understand it's needed for melee, but is there a reason outside of melee why claw grip is better than re-maping?
It honestly depends on the person. Some play i differently than other it just use claw grip cause I rely on the c-stick a lot for my aerials and tilts. Still trying to get attacking canceling down.

Top Bottom