• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Highschool Romance Issue

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
Basic scenario, I like this girl.
No one else likes her because... she's one of those girls who is just hated for no reason.

I get made fun of enough for being... me, i'm like her, I get picked on every day and I don't deserve it.

Should I not date her, to possibly have us being picked on less? or Should I date her because it might make us both happy and we won't care about other people?

She likes me too by the way.

Nike.

Smash Hero
So you ask an online forum dedicated to video gamers? :p

And you date who makes you happy, it doesnt matter how others will see it <-basic answer

soju

SD God
And you date who makes you happy, it doesnt matter how others will see it <-basic answer
I agree w/ this guy :D

Who cares what others think, the only thing that matters is what
your feelings tell you, and the fact that she likes you back is a plus.

I say go for it :3

soju

SD God
ughhh us darn schoolkids freaking mean as heck

well then you need to work something out with her :3
nothing is wrong with having a relationship thats outside
of school ^^ acting like friends at school, bf/gf after school

but just talk with her about it and I'm pretty sure youll work
something out

soju

SD God
Dude.

**** everyone else.

Do what makes you happy.
well its not that easy man ^^
if it was he would probably be with her right now

but. . . he's in highschool right now, with all the evil
highschool students there. With all their judging and
all their bullying >w>

but if hes a senior, like me, this year, **** everyone else
one last year at school might as well make the best
of it

Nike.

Smash Hero
Peer pressure with two people wanting to be with each other is just really low. Regardless of her past (if it's even true), the way it influences other people should not also influence you.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
If they already make fun of you, then dating her should be no different. I would say go for it, you have nothing to lose, but everything to gain.

Lucian

Smash Cadet
If anyone would make fun of you for something that makes you happy the there not worth a S$$T.
Now if she means that much to you and she makes you happy then thats all that matters in life.
Besides these stupid people aren't going to be in your life forever.
I say walk the path of love young Romeo

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Basic scenario, I like this girl.
No one else likes her because... she's one of those girls who is just hated for no reason.

I get made fun of enough for being... me, i'm like her, I get picked on every day and I don't deserve it.

Should I not date her, to possibly have us being picked on less? or Should I date her because it might make us both happy and we won't care about other people?

She likes me too by the way.
Go for her. As cliche as it sounds, if you really like someone, it doesn't matter what other people say :)

I wouldn't mind being picked on if it meant I could be with someone I like. Hear what i'm saying?

Vibe219

Smash Apprentice
Dating isn't about impressing other people. It is only to impress and make two people happy- you and her. Hold your head high, follow your heart, and make decisions that will make you happy- not people around you. Nobody is worth you going out of your way to make decisions you don't agree with.

Be with her and enjoy life. Beat that peer pressure down ;D

UberMario

Smash Master
If you both like each other then it doesn't matter what other people think, if they see you're not bothered by their actions they'll [eventually] give up.

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
*Also gets on soapbox

What can they do if they pick on you? Not much, just make fun of their foolish insecurity with themselves. Just do it, make the best of life, it's your life, not other people's, they are not people to judge. If they don't let you date who you want, well Imma beat em down with this soapbox, and hang em their own shoelaces, from a flagpole, like a barrel of monkeys. Not to be graphic :)

Top Bottom