• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

clans?

HolyChef

Smash Ace
all popular online games have clans or guilds. do you think brawl this trend can or will be brought to brawl.

i think it would be cool see starting crews with people who live far away...

EvanOk

Smash Apprentice
perhaps,
I think online crews will start showing up. I know already that I'm making a crew with my friends from home that go to colleges in different states.

Also, websites like smash league, will probably start supporting crews and a crews ladder if they haven't already.

Staco

Smash Champion
other way
there will be no clans for brawl
the clans will get brawl in their game list ;)

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
there are already crews and clans heck I'm in the dilute darkness crew a part of the Shining fist clan. Anyone is welcome to join. We have alliances (opponents clans) and all kinds of tournaments and whatnot.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Shining_Fists/index.php?act=idx

there are many different kinds of clans I have seen pop up. But smashboards for some reason doesn't like the idea and really discourages clan involvements on these boards (labeling it as meaningless unperposeful for this site). Still many do exsist.

hopp

Smash Rookie
I think.. it would be cool, as in competitive clans like a skilled player in one clan vs another player in an another clan? Is that the idea?

rklamer

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm in RK (Royal Kingdom). We've been around for years now, and we're lookin' at Brawl as our next game.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
I made a clan, it's not really a clan; it's a club in Deviant Art. I even created and idea called "SMASH Cards" to show your mains and other basic Brawl info. Just in case anyone wants more info, click my sig

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
well, guys we have to set the record straight first.

smash doesn't have clans, its lack of online play over the years seperated itself from that factor.
the community has collectively created "crews", which is mostly a collaboration between friends or groups of pros that have gotten together. the idea of a crew is playing via the same system, the gaming definition of a clan is a group that plays online.

since brawl does not support any sort of ranking system or clan factor, the idea of crews will still exist.

although.... by text book definition these crews are clans, but its the name that seperates us from other gaming communities. IMO we should stick with the name crew but i guess it doesn't matter.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I second that we stick to the name "crew" and not clans. Clans just remind me of the horrible Halo days when clans did nothing but ***** at each other over who was better... >.>

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
Clans are already on smashboards...

*Point to sig* I even have my own special rank :D
Yeah the Defenders of Anakea, the Marth Guild/clan/crew we get our own sigs, though mine isnt ready yet but yeah, i think there a good idea a can bring people together and make it more competive.

So yah.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
there are already crews and clans heck I'm in the dilute darkness crew a part of the Shining fist clan. Anyone is welcome to join. We have alliances (opponents clans) and all kinds of tournaments and whatnot.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Shining_Fists/index.php?act=idx

there are many different kinds of clans I have seen pop up. But smashboards for some reason doesn't like the idea and really discourages clan involvements on these boards (labeling it as meaningless unperposeful for this site). Still many do exsist.
i watched the "about shining fist" video and thought it was some sick perverted infomercial

i think ill pass on clans, and ill just poop on everybody online.

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
how can you represent a clan if you cant even see eachother's names when playing against random ppl?

DeadCell34

Smash Rookie
I dont really see a point in forming clans/crews/guilds for this game. I can see it in games like Warhawk, CoD4, WoW, Halo, and others but not this game. The max room count is 4 (which all of you know that). If you have more than a 3 person crew/clan then you will just be playing each other. I dont know, I just dont see a point. If there were a bunch of people that could play in one room then i would understand but not when there is 4 people.

I will be on my own other than when my brother wants to play on the same system or if my friend decides to play on his Wii.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
all popular online games have clans or guilds. do you think brawl this trend can or will be brought to brawl.

i think it would be cool see starting crews with people who live far away...
Old.

Seriously, I've actually been creating a smash-bros guild, Smash Gamers Elite.

This isn't an advertisement, btw, just informing you, yes, there are (or will be) smash clans.

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
There ought to be an official section in the Brawl column for Clans for recruiting and such...
Yeah, we definately need a section like this. Clans look like they could have a big impact of fun on ALOT of players.

Clans would be crews in a sense but with way more people. you could possibly have crew battles in clan battles iin a way, lol. pick your best 5 clan members to play the rival clans best 5. get the 10 people in chat and there yah go, clan matches ahoy.

clayfighter0

Smash Cadet
im not in a clan really but will pry just start one for like team battles or just join one technically im in one cuz of ladder sites but that dont really count!!!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I, myself struggle to have a clan... Even if I dont get one, I'll watch other clans battle each other.
My dream force is the Bowserian Command Fleet... a clan of mixed characters, led by my Bowser (and my other mains). One of my current problems is making a beautiful Bowser Banner using this picture (If only there was a ship in the background)

or another sweet Bowser picture. I also want a banner that shows my 5 Mains together which are listed:
1: Bowser
2: Pit
3: Zelda (not sheik)
4: King Dedede
5: Metaknight

It's most likely I wont have members in this clan, but i'll hopefully have friends (allies) on my side. Being a clan leader is a Big job after all.
If I dont have a clan, i wont be upset; ill enjoy team battles with others, especially Gimpy and his Metaknight.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I could try to make a clan but i know it wont last, for i dont have much commanding skills, plus there arent many Bowser players out there. Even Gimpy, the best Bowser player has abandoned Brawl Bowser and went to Metaknight. I'll try what i can... but I cant guarentee that it will be an amazing force.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I could try to make a clan but i know it wont last, for i dont have much commanding skills, plus there arent many Bowser players out there. Even Gimpy, the best Bowser player has abandoned Brawl Bowser and went to Metaknight. I'll try what i can... but I cant guarentee that it will be an amazing force.
Talk to gimpy about it, hes a nice guy and maybe he can help you with your boozer troubles. he didn't completely abandom him.

Top Bottom