• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Citrus Heights (Sacramento) Tournament/Practice interest?

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
Are you near the GameStop in this area?

Which SSB games do you play?

Are you interested in regular tournaments?

Right now I have the free time to arrange Smash events (Tournaments or otherwise). With Smash 4 almost here, this is the perfect time to try and build a SSB community in the area with the series fresh on player's minds.

Trouble is, I don't even know who's out there. Going straight to posting a tournament for melee back in 2006 had a turn out of 5 people, and they all had a 20+ minute drive to get here.

So is it worth trying to host regular events here?

If not, at very least we may be able to set up carpooling for smash event a little farther out in Sacramento.

Last edited:

DingoYabuki

Smash Rookie
It was fun entering tournaments the couple times I visited Sacramento from Oakland.

Last edited:

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
I'm not clear on what Smash we are playing? Is it Melee? Don't get me wrong; I am interested in Smash4, but its not out yet.
Completely redid the post to be shorter and hopefully more to the point.

Basically, I don't know who's out there. Are there enough people in or near Citrus Heights to even set up tournaments? If not, then hopefully this can bring enough of us together for practice and travel to other events to improve the attendance and player variety.

Post may not see a lot of views right now, but when Smash 4 drops I'm hoping a few more local players will come looking for Sacramento players and the topic will already be here. Little initiative couldn't hurt.

Melee would be great. Initial forum snooping seems to hint we have a lot of Brawl players floating around Sacramento. That implies they have a Wii, and if that's true it's just a matter of having extra copies of melee and convincing them to bring their Wii's and learn to play.

Personally, I only have a Wii U and 3DS right now. But I'll likely get a Wii again if only for Project M before the end of the year. And if we see enough melee interest I'll look in to getting a memory card and even a couple copies of melee. Heck, I may even invest in some streaming equipment if things really pick up. But I don't exactly want to rush out and drop a bunch of money on that stuff if I'm looking at a ghost town. :(

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk

DRGN

Technowizard
Haha, hey Cornstalk! Dunno if you remember me, but I went to one of your first tournaments back in the day.

Yeah, there are actually pretty regular tournaments in Sac. Mostly Melee and Project M events. (Not much Brawl ouside of the occasional SacAnime or comic convention events.) Usually around 5-6 tournaments a month, believe it or not, sometimes more.

Last edited:

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
Haha, hey Cornstalk! Dunno if you remember me, but i went to one of your first tournaments back in the day.
Seeing you again would likely refresh my memory. I don't think I ever actually put a face to the smashboard name back then. But I'm just awful with names anyway. >.<

Not sure if anyone would remember me from a glance though. I had hair back then and was 40lbs lighter. Being married and having a full time job has a way of changing a guy. XD

MasterShake

Smash Lord
There was just a tourney all the way on Greenback in Folsom. I think people would definitely show up in citrus heights. Also want to confirm that Sac area is much more PM/Melee centered.

Top Bottom