• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
So yeah, I just tuned back in to the Pound4 stream and Carlos beat Lee Martin and now he has to play Ally in loser's bracket at Pound4.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
You're still cool Nef, I think maybe they were mis-pronouncing my name as "Lancaster", I even asked Pat to let me know, but I guess not. How did you do in your brackets?

So I'm still kind of eh about taking those DQs cause I think it would have been a decent showing, but seeing the SD crew cheering and watching each other play, even getting support from Stauffy in my final pools tiebreaker was worth it,

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Havok we luvs you anyways and just cause of that bone and i aren't quitting brawl.

loljk we are. hi we're not going to be young and beautiful forever (unless we have an endless botox supply).

boh-kay?

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
part of the reason why i hate tournaments. if you were a favored player, we all know they would've held the bracket as long as they could for you. who was in charge of the bracket?
I was. Didnt hear anything about Lancestern's case though. Sorry bro, i would've waited for you if i could. I mean there was a match (Jmex vs. Stauffy) that was like right at the beginning of the bracket so i could've post-poned your match a bit too if i heard about it.

Maybe next year? :p

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
I was. Didnt hear anything about Lancestern's case though. Sorry bro, i would've waited for you if i could. I mean there was a match (Jmex vs. Stauffy) that was like right at the beginning of the bracket so i could've post-poned your match a bit too if i heard about it.

Maybe next year? :p
I waited like 2 hours for that match to be called lol. What happened?

Pact

Smash Rookie
It seems like you're disappointed with your placing Havok but I thought getting 7th at pound 4 was amazing! Great job! 7th at one of the two biggest nationals we've had!

I was watching your matches on livestream and your games vs adhd were incredible. It seemed like you definitely had more of a plan going in than m2k for that matchup and the games were ally were pretty crazy too. Too bad your games vs lee martin weren't being streamed.

Good job showing diem and the other east coast commentators!

**Havok**

Smash Lord
yea i was initially dissapointed but i suppose i havent thought how big and hard pound4 was lol it was really hard since the skill level of everyone in the bracket was defined.

yea adhd ***** me, i need to learn a few things before i can do anything. lol.

i want to try again lol.

D

Deleted member

I feel bad for larry, that loss vs chu was silly :(

Good stuff havok, EC was trash talking you even tho you are 4th in socal, and beat #2 in NJ, lain, and lee martin.

Losing to ADHD and ally aint bad, and you almost had both of them.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
People from the East Coast seem to do nothing but trash talk, whether it be in Smash, pro sports, you name it. **** them. At least we have carne asada fries.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I feel bad for larry, that loss vs chu was silly :(

Good stuff havok, EC was trash talking you even tho you are 4th in socal, and beat #2 in NJ, lain, and lee martin.

Losing to ADHD and ally aint bad, and you almost had both of them.
West Coast had some **** talk going for Havok vs Ally.
I hope Dekar name searches so he can see me compliment him. That guy is hilarious.

Watching that set almost made me want to play brawl. I don't have a copy though so whatever.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
@lovage: hell yea your mk *****. it beat larry.
@terry: we'll go this weekend. I might only go to one though, i have cpr training... maybe lol
@brian: thank for saying random **** in my set vs ally. it was funny.
@bone: lets go play this weekend.

Everyone. I think im going to have tournies again. But i want TJ to come. I want tj to play again. But only if tj comes again. I think SD/tj can ****, like seriously ****. Terry is learning slowly. Get those IC's grabs down Awex...and start playing more buddy.

I want to play more lol.

EC will say what they will, its cool, that makes our rivalries interesting. Besides to the rest of the world besides WC i was a nobody. So people dont know what to expect. They just expect tyrant. Im not tyrant.

.AC.

Smash Lord
ooh weeklies coming back sounds good, i would definitely attend most if not all of them.

D

Deleted member

I am down, i want to start traveling more, i think i showed at WGF that i can at least compete with the better players.

Terry lets do some pitness training

Tearbear

Smash Ace
i cant go out of state unless im on break
or unless i have a job

and yeah weeklies would be great since only UCSD students could rent the cabin thing

and i get better and better each week im still a noob

and PR for SD is hard to decide since eveything is being based of placings like 2-6 is really hard to decide

Soid

Smash Journeyman
i will maybe go to the weeklies if they dont take the same date as TAWs or something like that.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Ok i just decided.

Weeklies are back. Later though.
I could not have come into this thread and stumbled onto better news. <3

And on another good note, I have an amazing number of thoughts in my head from a LOT of things I've learned over the last week or two, in Smash and other stuff. I can't put them into words yet, but I definitely have things to talk about with some of you.

I'm gonna need a little help from my friends. =)

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Nyjin you play Tekken? Who do you use? I use Bob. :k

Havok - I've never been to a Chula weekly. I'm so down

Terry I might go. I doubt it though. If I get this job it will be hard to go to anything.

Top Bottom