• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
hey guys! sorry ive been lost in haze of gta and now Metal Gear 4 but the weeklies will continue haha! Anyone up for friendlies on monday morning-ish?
What up everyone??? Since I've been gone for a week you guys gotta fill me in on everything thats going down? So the weeklies start in about a week? So Im down for that and Havok what time on Monday I might be able to go....

Basic

Smash Cadet
What time???

hey guys! sorry ive been lost in haze of gta and now Metal Gear 4 but the weeklies will continue haha! Anyone up for friendlies on monday morning-ish?
What time are you available Havok? Could you please text me or call to let me know? I'm available Monday

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
I was kinda hoping someone would have a venue... like a garage or house or something... if not I could talk to the owner of gamerave in point loma for tourney practice discounts for everyone who showed...

Basic

Smash Cadet
M.i.a?

I wonder where Havok's been? He seems pretty busy. I haven't played Brawl with them in a while.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament
Presented by
Espn & Cybersports

Date: July 19, 2008​

Time: Register- 11:00
Door Open- 11:30
Tournament- 12:00

(2931 Camino Del Rio N, San Diego, CA)

Events: Single's And Double's

Fee: $10-Singles Entry and $20-Doubles Entry
*(Dave & Buster's Buffet $5 extra)

Pot Distribution: 1st-60%, 2nd-30%, 3rd-10% (Plus Give Aways)

Rules: 8 minute time limit, 3 stock, items off, and team attack on

Neutral Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter Picks: Brinstar, Castle Siege, Corneria, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Green Greens, Halberd, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 1, Rainbow Cruise

Banned Stages: 75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Mario Bros., Mario Circuit, Mushroomy Kingdom, Norfair, Onett, Pictochat, Pokemon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses Island, Skyworld, Spear Pillar, Summit, Temple, WarioWare, Inc., Yoshi's Island

First stage is selected at random from the neutral stages
Second stage selection goes to loser
IF there's a third, then it goes to the loser of the Second match

Event Sponsors
Gyroxus

Red Bull

BRING WII's and Copies of Brawl (Character's Unlocked)
First 12 people to bring Wii's get free Dave & Buster's Buffet!!!!

You must e-mail me at M4K1ll3r@hotmail.com to confirm with me that you are indeed bring a Wii with an unlocked copy of Brawl to the tournament.

Hall

Smash Ace
Yo Dreamhack, is that the future of the GU tournies you just posted up there?

Edit: For Chula Vista's upcoming first Brawl tourney I'm gonna open up my home to anyone who wishes to come the night before or sunday morning. It's a street down from the venue at

567 Biernacki CT

I figure it'd be another nice way to gather up our growing community and get to meet each other. Sound interesting?

2nd Edit:
So far I've got about 5 people coming around 8PMish. Remember, anyone is more than welcome to come and please give me a heads up if you ARE coming just so I know to expect you.

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
Oh, man. I just realized the 22nd is Sunday.

I was going show up tomorrow and be all sad. And sleep deprived. This works out a little better.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Yo Dreamhack, is that the future of the GU tournies you just posted up there?
Yup Hall this is btw the future GU tournaments.... Were pretty much are gonna take this tournament on the road by pretty much having them at different locations. Just until Mr. Sweet tooth opens up I'm guessing???

**Havok**

Smash Lord
ok PHEW tough week or so. Its been a blur really. Sorry to keep everyone on suspense about the tourney! Ok
down to business.

I will be running Tio for the tournament to post up results in AIB. Everything still applies as stated and It will commence registration at 11 am or whatever time it says lol.

This is what I need from you guys if you can:

3-4 Wii's, 2 Tv's (I have 3 we can use, potentially 4)

and your friends, I want a pretty good turnout as I don't know what to expect really since i have everything kinda spread out in different forums.

Dreamhack: Nice you got tournaments! I sent you a msg on AIB

Hall

Smash Ace
ok PHEW tough week or so. Its been a blur really. Sorry to keep everyone on suspense about the tourney! Ok
down to business.

I will be running Tio for the tournament to post up results in AIB. Everything still applies as stated and It will commence registration at 11 am or whatever time it says lol.

This is what I need from you guys if you can:

3-4 Wii's, 2 Tv's (I have 3 we can use, potentially 4)

and your friends, I want a pretty good turnout as I don't know what to expect really since i have everything kinda spread out in different forums.
I can get you a wii + TV. Oats will bring you a wii if you need it.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
thanks man! If oats can bring a wii we'll only need another 1-2 more and we should be set. I owe you one!

Remember ppl depending on how it goes on sunday we'll see what's going with doubles. I might even incorporate melee in the future. I don't know just ideas floating through my head.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Man! The tournament was awesome. Great turnout for the first week.

We have videos and results that will be posted up.

Next week we will have both Doubles and Singles. And air conditioning...hopefully haha.

thanks to everyone that showed up! It was alot of fun.

Oh and especially thanks for the support I had from Dreamhack, Hall, Oats, and Rickety without them I would have been lost in the dark. Thanks guys!

Notes about next tournament:

**I will be charging $2 dollars more for the venue because of my parents.
** I would like suggestions for future events, anyone?
**to the people that did attend today, tell your friends! Word of mouth gets around and we'll have even better turnouts!

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Results for Chula Vista Weekly I:
Singles:

1: Pnoy
2: Hall
3: Rickety
4: Danny
5: IzzyPop
5: Oats
7: Qzzy
7: Rey
9: Nicktendo
9: Nak
9: wall-e
9: Nyjin
13: Geo
13: Burrito
13: Havok
13: Mario
17: S6
17: Tra
17: GhettoSoldier
17: Dreamhack619
17: Seige
17: .kirye
17: Z3rr
17: Decible
25: GP
25: 8-bit
25: ZiggyStarScream
25: Rally
25: yogi

Doubles:
1: Team Jon 619 (P_Noy & Kyle)
2: Family Men (Hall & Oats)
3: I found my sole purpose but i don't want it (Nyjin & Decible)
4: monkey business (Nicktendo & Izzypop)
5: ghetto dream soldiers (Dreamhack619 & Ghetto Soldier)
5: I don't give a *** (Tra & Havok)
7: Ten Jumps (Geo & S6)

Good Job Pnoy. :)

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Wow, who's Pnoy anyway? Not like he's good or anything. XDD

Team Jon 619 = Greatest team name since Ernie Rays Jr.

YAHUH.

Way to represent the fallen San Marcos smashers Richard. Yloh would be proud. =D

Hall

Smash Ace
Good fights! Good night! It was a good turnout and we had lots of good players in the crowd today.

Nyjin~ That was some awesome Ike stuff you had going. Good job.

Rickety~ It's always great to see you. Shame you aren't going to Nexus.

P_Noy~ Your ringtone is the absolute ****! Nice work in singles and doubles.

Havok~ Thanks for having us. And thanks for the gatorades and keeping my shades for me!

And to everyone else who showed. GG's and all.

Top Bottom