• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: A Chu Bi-weekly! Location change! 1st page updated!

ChuDat

Smash Master
I'm quitting because I finally did well at a national. Now, I can finally quit this game.

I'll go ahead and host a melee bi-weekly, though I won't be in the tournament. Now you guys have a chance! LOL.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Wow ... I'm kinda salty now that I can't play Chu in tournament again after that set at Shell Shocked -_- ...

Mahone

Smash Champion
I don't know where else to post this but, I'm quitting melee. You all should too (and play brawl!).

Melee might be canceled since I have no incentive to host. What do you all think?
Host melee man, i'd be down for a venue fee of like 3 bucks, but only if it goes to ur electricity :)

I'm quitting because I finally did well at a national. Now, I can finally quit this game.

I'll go ahead and host a melee bi-weekly, though I won't be in the tournament. Now you guys have a chance! LOL.
No you mother ****er... i finally get better and you quit

i don't care that you beat hbox... imma **** u... $5 mm

also, good **** at zenith

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Chu, I think I know how you feel.

If I were you I'd just stick to playing Melee at a local level, but play Brawl at a National level.

Mahone

Smash Champion
i feel like quitting melee too, but it's because i can't win nationals, but in brawl i have better results usually
dude, you just choked the last game... you HAD THAT

with the new ruleset you get to play marth on FD, possibly twice, that could be 2 free wins if you hit all your chaingrabs like back in the day

I can understand you wanting to quit though, i can only imagine how much it sucks to lose like that to pp in grand finals and i know you work really hard on the falco matchup like nonstop, but i think you should give yourself at least one more chance before giving up

Same with you chu... i can understand you wanting to go out on a high note, but you don't like ever practice and you got 3rd... you know you could get first if you practiced... especially nowadays where wobbling is legal at like every national/international, just imagine if you could have wobbled vs pp/hbox/m2k

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
marth on FD isn't a free win lol, the one time i played bombsoldier at OC3 he beat me by 1 stock mid % doing that same dair shine combo to 80 on me every stock (but then he got 17th and i got 2nd anyway in singles bracket), mango has also 2 stocked me w/ falco on FD in friendlies, but I do agree marth is really good there but idk i am considering using a different character that does not get comboed so hard but still can chain grab (but I thinkt he next time will be either FC or Zenith 2013, as i have to quit smash for 3.5 months between September to December which really sucks [Saturday college classes only offered on saturdays that are mandatory in order to graduate], and doing melee+brawl the same day at a NATIONAL makes it very, very hard for me to beat the top top players at the game cuz even a little mistake and you're dead, so there is a high chance i won't enter melee singles at apex 2013 cuz it ****s up my brawl slightly but that slightly could be the difference with winning or losing sets that could have been different otherwise).

tbh i do not get as much exp vs falco as vs fox which is a factor to why i am much better vs fox. If I had more falco and puff experience i could be better at the matchups imo (example playing cactuar and lord knight got me very good at the fox/marth matchups from back in 06/07 days), but due to college and the fact i want to do good at melee+brawl nationals, i feel since i am better at brawl, i should focus on that game even though melee is more fun. If I was born rich that would be a different story and I would not play brawl as much as melee (right now I USUALLY just show up to tournaments, as past 2 years I have not owned a TV, cube, or wii). We'll see I really do not entirely know right now.

as far as chu i think chu is better at brawl teams and better at melee singles (also kirby is better in teams and ICs are better in singles), but he might as well enter both since him and his characters are good at different things.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Ya i know its not a free win, but you definitely got enough grabs to win vs pp, i think you have to be more willing to di offstage vs falco on fd as bad as that sounds to stop those combos

You might be right in picking a different character that can cg and not get comboed as badly... Thats actually a really good idea

I think another thing was your ps game was off, i agree with you that you have to have a good controller and be near perfect, but im sure you can continue to work on that

The way you explain it, it does sound like brawl only would be better for you, even though that sucks for us melee people who wanna see marth win a national again

:phone:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
yea sorry man but i mean look how much i win in brawl and compare it to melee, focusing on only MK really made the difference success wise since only your best character is what really matters for winning tournaments. I play too many chars in melee but i don't really have a "best" one, since i distributed my time evenly among like 5 (or even 20 but not as evenly with the other 20) different characters since i just really enjoy playing w/ them all.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Ya, i dont blame you for playing brawl, i thought mk was banned nowadays though?

I think you can just win with marth, but if you're going to pick a diff character you should go gimmicky like pika or doc, but if i were you i wouldnt say who or word will sprend and pp can practice the mu

Omni

BRoomer
MK was only banned due to the URC which has been disbanded.

But yeah, if I were you Jason I'd just stick with the Marth/Sheik route considering I can't think of anyone else that has a Marth or Sheik near your level.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Daniel, Me and Richy are thinking about hitting up NYC.

Can you hold this a week later so I can make some dough beforehand? We'll leave around the 14th from FL i think

ChuDat

Smash Master
as far as chu i think chu is better at brawl teams and better at melee singles (also kirby is better in teams and ICs are better in singles), but he might as well enter both since him and his characters are good at different things.
Thanks man
Daniel, Me and Richy are thinking about hitting up NYC.

Can you hold this a week later so I can make some dough beforehand? We'll leave around the 14th from FL i think
You got it cuz! Let me look at the schedule first. I think we should be ok.

Everyone else - I'm quitting because I'm bored with this game! YESSS I'M FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lolol @ suggesting people quit melee for brawl

when hell freezes over, man

Mew2King

King of the Mews
No I'm sick of this game too cuz people ONLY help pp and no one EVER helps me. I've not yet been told anything useful by any marth or sheik lately for this MU so i feel it is fruitless to try. I honestly feel falco is marths 2nd worst MU after sheik and sheiks worst MU as well, i feel i have to get LUCKY to get kills, and i don't have the motivation to study videos either. As time goes on, the gap will only get greater from here. I've tried but once again, i choke when it matters like every set to everyone, and if i keep entering it's going to mentally **** me up. I can't keep up if he's going to constantly have people tell him what to do while no one helps me with anything (at least nothing that is truely useful or comparable to the stuff he said).

I've decided as time goes on im going to eventually soon be leaning towards
-stopping melee at nationals with both games (apex probably)
-skipping roms/zeniths cuz they depress me cuz i can never win cuz im 2 emo
-leaving the community entirely if i get a really good job (ive never had one before though) where i can make enough money to not worry

cuz i truely think falco is unfair enough as it is (if he's playing well), but the way things are going it does not seem like it is good for me to continue my ****ty chars anymore

i made the CORRECT choice maining ONLY MK in brawl, and never switching even though i had more fun switching chars in melee, it was worse for winning since i picked the wrong characters and never devoted my time into them (most of the best players use only 1 char sometimes 2, not tons of different characters, because they focused on mastering just 1)

now im pretty old (23) and my stepdad is always telling me i should quit smash to do other things, but since i make money off it ill keep coming back anyway even tho i am sick of it (can you blame me? it is better than a $7.25 min wage job somewhere which are only options around here). Competitive gaming was very fun at first and was awesome when i had a lot of supporters (2007 melee especially was my favorite!!) and made me really want to rise to the top, but now, with getting older, getting mad at myself, people, falco, just everything, i honestly feel i shouldn't continue anymore at least not in stressful nationals where you're either perfect or you lose.

that is how i truely feel on this now

Omni

BRoomer
you gotta learn how to be the Dark Knight.

against PP when you 0-deathed him on Pokemon everyone was cheering for u, fyi.

u just dont have what it takes to be the bad guy.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
m2k is right though.
Video game competition at a professional level is stressful especially when you rely on it to get money.
Although it is better than a low wage job, he needs to gain competence in something other than video games if he truly wants to enjoy himself. I think video games should be nothing more than a side job to consider it.

unknown522

Some guy
Yes. it is difficult to rely on money with smash (I've been there and did lose despite that). Later on I got hooked up with a min wage job full-time, But got fired due to co-worker BS and seniority just before my first month. I haven't had another job since (though still looking).

Anyways, m2k I'm pretty sure that you know what you're doing and can win tourneys. Maining marth only is legitimate advice (though that's my opinion). I'm pretty sure you ask KK for advice every now an then and he's one of the best sheiks around.

If you want I can go through your vids and tell you what you could've done in exact situations. A lot of things was really just dropping combos and missing tech chases. But i can tell you about some minute things like the cause of you getting hit at times and where/how you could've landed some hits. The game at high level is really just that cutthroat.

Top Bottom