• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Don't drop ur better chars imo, U can play ROB by all means but uhave a better future with ICs, DDD, Pikachu, and whomever else it was u played.

Also bro, I'm pikin up Blaze Blue CS, heard a while back that ur crazy about dat game so maybe we can play once in a while online :].
I'm not dropping my better characters, I'm just throwing ROB back into my lineup of characters I use. Depending on who I'm playing, I'll go ROB or IC's first game, and if necessary, pull out Dedede as my pocket second game. I realized I do a lot better with Dedede as a pocket, but he's still technically my main. I'm also working on
Metaknight
as another pocket, just in case its a bad MU for all my characters, like ZSS.

I love Blazblue! You getting it for PS3?

Silhouette

Smash Lord
This is probably going to go really far, really fast. I am going to be spreading this too. XD

Way too good
Haha, I was laughing my a** off when I saw it, I could even link a video of when he said it if you want.

Dayum, and considering how old u told me u were, my parents are like 40 years older than me too xD, you got older siblings brah? I'm the youngest with 2 older sisters 7-8 and 9-10 years older than me :laugh:.
yeah but you wouldn't believe she was that old if you saw her, I'm the youngest with 2 older sisters (ones a half sister, dads side), my sister is 22 and my half sister is late 30-something married with a kid lol.

I never felt like applying tech skill is necessary lol, do it if its yo style and flashy and what not, but my Boring campy ROB keeps me successful lol. And since the BR is against ledge grab rules, maybe there wont be any more to worry about (btw i never go over 30 ledgegrabs in a game haha).
Everyone has their own style and thats what makes for different 'types' of players, and each style fairs differently against different MUs. Its the variation and shiz that prevents a 2d metagame, but as long as you play smart with a style that suits your character you'll do fine.

ex. Campy ROB DOES NOT do well against campy olimar.
Eric is a 'technical/flashy' ROB and does well against campy olimar.

You can post the link in the ROB BR or somethin. That would prolly be better.
I should be in some sort of back room. I do my best work in back rooms.
exactly...we dont use it ever

just post it in here
It should be PM'd, just post here once its done, and PM it to those who are interested.

I would LOVE for our BR to get active again, and it should, we did a good job of the PR BR staying active and our discussions were solid. I think our BR could be useful if we had more to discuss. Instead we post EVERYTHING publicly for everyone to read, and when someone has a problem with ROB the come here to read how to beat him. The Diddys keep their shiz private and we discuss enough to do it too (though we dont have nearly the ATs that they do).

Wait, there are other threads about ROB?
Any word on that P:M vid of me using Pika?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
NINTENDEVIL??? Where ya been bro?

****, there's a blast from the past.

Any word on that P:M vid of me using Pika?
I have the replay. Now I just gotta find the build we were using (we've made a ton of progress since Apex believe it or not), record it, and go somewhere with fast internet so I can upload it.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
LOL Fullmetal and the GA bros drove up to Apex but I was on that balla status so I flew and after flying to both ROM2 and Pound 4, setups/laptop in tow, I decided against ever going through the bullsh*t of having to take out all three of my systems as well as my laptop to have them all opened and inspected separately, especially since I packed EVERYTHING into the same bag [meaning I had to take out all my naughty unmentionables and other embarrassing stuff at the security area]

blah blah blah I gave them my bag and flew up naked

ever since I've been back though, I haven't had a chance to retreive my setups/laptop until last night :)

but honestly I stopped most of my lurking a while ago...I just spent way too much time that I didn't have ;__;

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Haha, I was laughing my a** off when I saw it, I could even link a video of when he said it if you want.
Lmfao. XD I would have been too. You can link me to that. XD

I have the replay. Now I just gotta find the build we were using (we've made a ton of progress since Apex believe it or not), record it, and go somewhere with fast internet so I can upload it.
Can't wait to see it. This will be interesting. :o

especially since I packed EVERYTHING into the same bag [meaning I had to take out all my naughty unmentionables and other embarrassing stuff at the security area]

blah blah blah I gave them my bag and flew up naked

ever since I've been back though, I haven't had a chance to retreive my setups/laptop until last night :)

but honestly I stopped most of my lurking a while ago...I just spent way too much time that I didn't have ;__;
Wow. They should have a private room for that, if they didn't already. >>

And at least you have your setups back, so that's a start. :p

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
NINTENDEVIL??? Where ya been bro?

****, there's a blast from the past.
I have been busy having an (ex)girlfriend and being more... normal. It's pretty over-rated if you ask me. I was bored and bound to my home with an injury so I stopped by here. If you think I'm a blast from the past, imagine me going back and chatting with all the sites I joined three years ago. I'm 16 now. Wow. My life from 13-16, summed up by the internet :laugh:. How goes the brawling? (I hear ROB's not doing too well as suspected.)

EDIT: Ahaha!!! I'm watching my combo video again. This is a trip.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Who the heck made me pink >=O?

My premium ran out yesterday ;( have to get some more soon
-gets paranoid- =S

--------------------------------------------

I had Bdubz today XD<3

I tried the Blazin wings for the first time a couple weeks ago. Instead of freaking out because of how hot it was, I instead cried about how hot it was lolz

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^^ What's your favorite flavor? I like Mango Habanero when I want hot, but my overall favorite is Asian Zing by far. Soooo good.

I have been busy having an (ex)girlfriend and being more... normal. It's pretty over-rated if you ask me. I was bored and bound to my home with an injury so I stopped by here. If you think I'm a blast from the past, imagine me going back and chatting with all the sites I joined three years ago. I'm 16 now. Wow. My life from 13-16, summed up by the internet :laugh:. How goes the brawling? (I hear ROB's not doing too well as suspected.)

EDIT: Ahaha!!! I'm watching my combo video again. This is a trip.
The Brawling ... it's not going haha. I quit Brawl, hmmm, lemme think ... a year and a half ago I think. From there I moved on to Brawl+ (basically just Brawl with enough hitstun to actually combo and slightly higher gravity to increase the pace a bit), but I quit that about 6 months ago and moved on to Project M (Melee physics and mechanics recreated in Brawl). The sheer beauty of Project M brings tears to my eyes.

I still visit this thread all the time though because we still have the best social thread on smashboards <3

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The time you missed can be summed up by the majority of the ROBs quitting or becoming inactive (except Chibo who is SOMEHOW SPONSORED) but staying in JUST the social chat except for that Golden Ike dude who does all of our stage and character matchups.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol sil...have you ever considered that some people just dont REPORT their tourneys?like NC...my points from that are from pound 4, lol

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I also use it :o

I'm not dropping my better characters, I'm just throwing ROB back into my lineup of characters I use. Depending on who I'm playing, I'll go ROB or IC's first game, and if necessary, pull out Dedede as my pocket second game. I realized I do a lot better with Dedede as a pocket, but he's still technically my main. I'm also working on
Metaknight
as another pocket, just in case its a bad MU for all my characters, like ZSS.

I love Blazblue! You getting it for PS3?
I own it now :D. I'm a total noob tho, I'm going thru tutorial mode, then I plan to do story with every character, then take another look at the tier list, pick a main, and start playing online an assload.

yeah but you wouldn't believe she was that old if you saw her, I'm the youngest with 2 older sisters (ones a half sister, dads side), my sister is 22 and my half sister is late 30-something married with a kid lol.
Cool beans dawg, my parents also look young, they don't have white hair on them at all xD. Hell, I look younger than I actually am :p

Everyone has their own style and thats what makes for different 'types' of players, and each style fairs differently against different MUs. Its the variation and shiz that prevents a 2d metagame, but as long as you play smart with a style that suits your character you'll do fine.

ex. Campy ROB DOES NOT do well against campy olimar.
Eric is a 'technical/flashy' ROB and does well against campy olimar.
Yeh, when I used Oli vs him, it wasn't easy (lol wifi, thought it wasn't bad lag wise so yeh :], you gotta outplace hilt some more Eric ;))

It should be PM'd, just post here once its done, and PM it to those who are interested.

I would LOVE for our BR to get active again, and it should, we did a good job of the PR BR staying active and our discussions were solid. I think our BR could be useful if we had more to discuss. Instead we post EVERYTHING publicly for everyone to read, and when someone has a problem with ROB the come here to read how to beat him. The Diddys keep their shiz private and we discuss enough to do it too (though we dont have nearly the ATs that they do).
I agree. But what threads should be discussed in the BR? Matchu-ps? Stage discussion? Many other ROB mains deserve to know information like this, however, I don't believe non ROB mains should be entitled to that knowledge so its a gamble at that point lol. Our PR discussion was good, and also, Chibo's new thread could be moved to the BR instead of on the ROB boards here, I think that would be a good start. Final note, People must check the BR more often and post more often (just a lil bit more often :])

Who the heck made me pink >=O?

My premium ran out yesterday ;( have to get some more soon
I wish we could know lol (even tho I already know who did it to me, or at least narrowed it down to 2 ROB mains :p)

I swear I will one day find out what 9:16 means!
Have you checked biblical verses?
Matthew 9:16 No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Oh, I just remembered what else I wanted to say, lots of people commenting about how amazing Sudai is so it would be funny if Sudai renamed the social "Official Sudai meatride thread" :laugh:

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
9:16 is so silly, Dajayman, give up now!
XD

and R.O.B. will get life back into him somehow. I'll make sure of that<3

time to take a nap while watching Tropic Thunder ;P

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I own it now :D. I'm a total noob tho, I'm going thru tutorial mode, then I plan to do story with every character, then take another look at the tier list, pick a main, and start playing online an assload.
Sweet! My PSN is ZombieSwarm, add me. I'm not that great either, so I'd be willing to play whenever you're ready to get online.

So I finally know what my future holds in store for the next 3 months. Whii.

Back to Louisiana I go. New Orleans area. Time to get hurricaned on!
Sorry that things in CO didn't work out. I hope you don't get hurricaned on. :(

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
So I finally know what my future holds in store for the next 3 months. Whii.

Back to Louisiana I go. New Orleans area. Time to get hurricaned on!
Seriously? That is 10 kinds of unfair. ><

10wtfwats

Oh, I just remembered what else I wanted to say, lots of people commenting about how amazing Sudai is so it would be funny if Sudai renamed the social "Official Sudai meatride thread" :laugh:
Sapphire Dragon approves of this namechange. :bee:

Top Bottom