• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
none of those things are the problem with mk...well kind of nado, aerial version is supposed to clank with every move like the ground version does but they just failed at coding it...well I hope so anyway, otherwise I dont know what they were thinking. but that would make it far less broken...dsmash kb lol, whats wrong with that? and shuttle loop, DI better and you won't get killed so early...shuttle loop is pretty much useless if you DI it properly...especially aerial version because the kb barely increases with %...

mk needs to lose transcendent priority and lose a little bit of range and he'll be fine. quick swordsman with multiple jumps is a character trait that has stupid amounts of positives already, transcendent priority and marth range? lol..
thats the other thing they could do with MK is shorten the sword length. I think typically how they use to measure swords was using the length of your arm and MKs sword is visually looks like its longer than his body. Body+feet is debatable but anyway, idk about priority really im not entirely sure how its meshed into the game so i cant really say for sure. you made good points on the other things i mentioned so i got nothin to say there, not like i fight good mks anyway. If you wanted to be gay about the infinite cape glitch you can program it as such so that MK must preform the slash attack.

but yea if it was me and i could change nado i'd give it ****ty priority

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I'd rather experience the ROB/MK matchup than talk endlessly about the ROB/MK matchup.

^_^

EDIT: In a social thread no less. Srsly, you guys need to take some classes from Meta Knight and learn how to spam properly.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So let's be social then.

What's everyone's favorite RPG? Mine is Dragon Quest 5. Best story I've ever seen in a video game, plus good hardcore RPG gameplay, and you could catch any of a large number of monsters to fight alongside you (several years before Pokemon existed).

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Mine is Dragon Quest 5. Best story I've ever seen in a video game, plus good hardcore RPG gameplay, and you could catch any of a large number of monsters to fight alongside you (several years before Pokemon existed).
Haven't played that, but it sounds pretty good. I haven't really played many RPGs except Pokemon, and a couple other anime related RPGs (FMA, Bleach). So I'd have to say Pokemon for the time being.

Unrelated:
Oh yeah, and Clock Tower 3 was pretty fun. Mainly because I played it at a friend's house on a holiday, and everyone else there was scared. I was the only one who would play it, the rest of them chickened out/ didn't want to play. XD I'm pretty sure it doesn't count as an RPG, though.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^ The spoiler tag doesn't work if your text is blue :p

Chrono Trigger, yes! Always a classic. Definitely my 2nd favorite RPG.

You guys all need to get an SNES emulator and play some of the classics. That really was the Golden Age.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
^ The spoiler tag doesn't work if your text is blue :p

You guys all need to get an SNES emulator and play some of the classics. That really was the Golden Age.
XD It worked on another thread I replied to though. Weird. o.o I'll go try and fix it. :p
Edit: Fixed. XP

I'll have to try Chrono Trigger. It sounds interesting.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Paper Mario

Shoot me.
No, that's legit. The original one on 64 was really good. I wasn't really a fan of Super Paper Mario though.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

That game holds many special places in my heart for quite the number of reasons.
Mmmm yeah, that queen of the cloud people was so hot!

The Mario RPGs are unique and fun for sure. I really wanna try Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, because Yahtzee told me it's good.

I don't like turn-based RPGs so the only one I ever played was Secret of Mana.

Luckily for me, that game is ****ing amaaaazing!!!
You haven't even played Chrono Trigger or FF6? wtf ... CLASSICS!

You might like the Mario RPGs. They are a bit more involving and active than the typical turn-based RPGs.

Bees!

Smash Ace
My friend is going to upload a set I had with him recently. I was hoping some advice could be given. i suck against MK so maybe people who know that match-up can give advice.

Guys.

I just shaved for the first time this morning.

****ING AMAZING.

What's weird though is that my lips look thinner and my face looks longer.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

That game holds many special places in my heart for quite the number of reasons.
This. SMRPG was my first RPG, I got it the day it came out in '96 I think it was? I only got it because it was Mario, but it ended being my favorite game of all time. Still is. I've probably played through it around 50+ times now, if not more, and I still enjoy every bit of it. =)

I also like the Mario and Luigi series, the Paper Mario series(SPM was only fun once though), Chrono Trigger, Golden Sun, FFIV(a.k.a. II in US), Pokemon, among others.

RPG's and fighting games are my 2 favorite genres. I could seriously go the rest of my gaming life playing only these 2 genres.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^ I like you.

Chrono Trigger had an amazing story, but DQ5 is still my personal favorite for one main reason: It's the only game where the story has ever brought a tear to my eye. I can't say why though because it's kind of a major spoiler.

Guys.

I just shaved for the first time this morning.

****ING AMAZING.

What's weird though is that my lips look thinner and my face looks longer.
Ahh they grow up so fast

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Sadly, I've never played a main DQ game before. =(

The only one I've played is Rocket Slime, which was pretty **** fun, but I should try out one of the main games. I think they might have a few at my school's game lab, I should check it out.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sadly, I've never played a main DQ game before. =(

The only one I've played is Rocket Slime, which was pretty **** fun, but I should try out one of the main games. I think they might have a few at my school's game lab, I should check it out.
Well I believe most of them never came out in the U.S., except for DQ8 which was ok, and I know DQ5 was recently translated and re-released for the DS (highly recommended!). I played fan-translated ROMs myself.

It's kind of a shame because I think DQ6 (my 2nd favorite and definitely easier to play than DQ5) could have easily been as mainstream-popular as FF6 if it had been released here back when it came out. The other ones (especially DQ7, good god that game is daunting) aren't as mainstream-friendly but they are all incredible games with incredible stories if you're willing to put in the effort to play them.

In case you can't tell, maaaaan I wish I had someone to talk about the Dragon Quest games with!

Top Bottom