• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Palpi

Smash Hero
You have NO IDEA how bad it was before melo and I cleaned it. :chuckle:

If we could use the other half of that room and the back room it would be fine but they are both for office space.

Magus did make a lot of space though. He is magic haha

Sudai

Stuff here
I guess not traveling to tournaments and paying entry/venue fee saved you tons of cash
Nah, I would make money from Brawl and some in Melee, but like...it's just not worth my time. I don't enjoy the games anymore really and I made like..$30 every other week or something? I was good, but I never did much practice so I never got much better and just said **** it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
have u made a lot of money from +? :/
Not a lot, but even after gas and entry fees I'm definitely in the positive, which is more than I can say for my Melee and Brawl days. Stupid MD/VA, why does it have to be so good?

I'm not in it for the money though. I just enjoy the game and the community.

Except for the Ness mains. **** them. <3 toasty

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Lol, you make it sound so easy. I'm 15, parents wouldn't let me go 2-3 hours from Southern MD all the way to northern MD. Plus, I'd probably get lost or something....

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Community -is- the reason I'm still here. ;]

I've moved on to much better games. Ahahah.
Such as?

I haven't played a better competitive game than Melee. I'd still be playing it if I wasn't horrible at it now.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
What is and isn't good is a matter of opinion. If he likes better games then good for him. Brawl is my favorite competitive game. It's just my opinion that everyone has their own right to.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Mario Kart Wii sucks *** compared to DD, let alone N64.

Conduit could be as competitive/more competitive than MKW if it had more of a fan base, imo. But, Conduit sucked pretty hard in general, so idk. lol

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
What is and isn't good is a matter of opinion. If he likes better games then good for him. Brawl is my favorite competitive game. It's just my opinion that everyone has their own right to.
"Good" is a matter of opinion, but I was talking about "competitive."

The term "competitive" has a certain definition, and Melee is provably more competitive than Brawl. It has a much steeper learning curve. It has more ATs, which are harder to perform and more important to the metagame. It has a higher skill cap, and a wider skill gap between low and high-level play. It has more consistent tourney results. Each (tourney-viable) character has a large variety of effective playstyles, and creativity and intelligent aggression are rewarded much moreso than in Brawl.

But competitive =/= fun or good. If you have more fun with Brawl than Melee, that's fine. Some people don't like a more difficult game, and like to have more of a chance against the pros. There was a time where I liked Brawl a lot more than Melee, because I could actually keep up with players who ***** my **** in Melee. I prefer Brawl+ because it's easier to play than Melee but more challenging and faster-paced than Brawl, and the cast is better balanced so there's much more character variety in tourneys. But I'm not gonna kid myself and pretend it's a more competitive game than Melee.

Sudai

Stuff here
I mean, it's more difficult than "har har ctrl+a." You actually have to go through a loading screen. :p

Sides, I never said it was hard to read mod-text. Haha

Top Bottom