• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Christmas with the North Carolina Smash Family 12/18 ~ 12/19, Josh's house!!

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Big smash community get together fun time needs to happen soon!

Renewed appreciation status go!

So I was discussing with Kevin on MSN after this post and thought it'd be cool to seriously make this happen. I'm not sure about a date, but sometime in December. I figured we could do Christmas games of any kind, as well as some type of Gift system (Like Money Matches) where we play a set and winners get a gift, but I don't wanna some complex thing to turn others off, or ruin a good time by some matches, I want this to be really cool thing and I'm hoping this can happen because I love NC get togethers, and Christmas is my favorite time of year and it's fun to share the holiday spirit, so if we could discuss dates, times, so everyone can get to this best they can. I really enjoyed the "Party" before we sent Kevin and the rest of NC on their way to APEX 2. It was a really enjoyable time and I want something similar if not better.

Kevin brought this up to me as well.

We set up a tournament where if you win, you give a gift, so the farther you get in tournament, the more gifts you give. So Winner is giving the most, and first out are giving the least. I'm thinking free entry for this so no one is left out at all. :reverse:

Please throw in any suggestions you want, I want this to be very enjoyable for everyone.

Free Entry
Everytime you win a round, you give a present to someone, as you keep moving farther into the bracket, you give more presents. With this said, I will absolutely need people to please bring gifts!! I'm bringing some of my own, and I would like you guys to bring some too. :reverse:

Melee
General Rules

Your 3 best characters are banned, you cannot use them in tournament at all so there are likely to have upsets, and a more light and enjoyable tournament environment
* Items are on.
* Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
* Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
* The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
* Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

All Starters:
Peach's Castle
Great Bay
Yoshi's Story
Fountain Of Dreams
Corneria
Pokemon Stadium
Mute City
Onett
Mushroom Kingdom
Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Final Destination
Mushroom Kingdom 2
Green Greens
Yoshi's Island

Brawl
All items on High EXCEPT:
Heart Containers and Tomatos...that **** is gay
Poison Mushrooms and Lightning...ditto

5 stock (this **** goes fast with items so DON'T WORRY)
No timer

SONIC IS BANNED AS HELL, NOBODY ****ING LIKES HIS ***** *** ANYWAY

All stages on except
Custom stages
Big Blue
75M
Mario Bros
New Pork City
Flat Zone 2secondmatches
Shadow Moses and Eldin are banned if u pick DDD.

- That random challenge thing that foxy said:
"your opponent either has to accept it, and you both have to go random
but if he declines, you have your normal character pick (any you haven't used yet)
and you get to pick his character for him (out of the characters he hasn't used yet)
so it's a "man the fuuuuukk up" challenge or else you're playing sonic (NOT SONIC BECAUSE HE'S ****ING BANNED)"

Basically before people play you they are allowed to say TWO characters that they don't want you to use. and you can't use them at all, AND, those bans stick...so you can't use them for the rest of the tournament. there'll just be a lil list of characters that people are banned from using so that nobody can lie or anything.

Set up's will be needed most definitely.

Josh's address:

1442 Eva Mae Dr
Raleigh, NC 27610

Josh's phone:

252-292-7746

We'll try to get things going by 6:30 or 7:00 if possible and running til forever. The house will more than likely be empty aside from us.

And if you guys don't mind doing me a favor, please post here or (even better) help me make a tentative attendance list.

PLEASE BRING SETUPS

Other things you should consider bringing/doing:

BYOB & BYOG
Snacks & Other drinks
Pillows & Blankets (if you're planning on sleeping)
Towels (if you're planning on showering)
Feel free to use any of the Tags below in your sig space!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If I go, I'm totally hitting dollar general and getting some candy, and some WATER if I happen to battle PLUR.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dates is good. The earlier you announce the date the better my chances of getting off.

vZakat

Half Genie
December 18th. I'm guessing most colleges will be done for the semester by then, and it's a week before Christmas so I don't think people will be traveling for that yet. It's the perfect time.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I'm not sure, this is what this thread is for. Discussing a date, times, and where. I would like people to PM me or AIM/MSN me if they have any idea's on where we can have this.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
karns girlfriend doesn't want him hosting tournaments at his new place iirc.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
LOL I'd sooner dig up Hitlers remains and suck his skeletal ****. And that isnt even possible because a **** is not a bone.

And they could not even find hitlers remains so u KNOW this **** is wack.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I actually know the way to his dad's.

Would be awesome to go there again.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You guys try to speed run? Cool.

I only attempt those when I can dedicate less than a half hour to doing it. I love speed running SMB.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
So is everyone okay with a tournament? Singles would probably preform better with how the tournament works. Pound 4 ruleset?

lord karn

Smash Master
I can ask my dad if we can do it at his place. The problem with my current place is that it's monica's house (tho's gf) and she doesn't want tournaments here.

I'll be on a five day cruise over christmas, but the 18th should work. How many people should I be expecting, because my dad will probably want some kind of estimate. . .

Edit: I also don't like the idea of giving presents when you win, because presents should usually be personalized, and you can't predict who you will play in tourney.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I can ask my dad if we can do it at his place. The problem with my current place is that it's monica's house (tho's gf) and she doesn't want tournaments here.

I'll be on a five day cruise over christmas, but the 18th should work. How many people should I be expecting, because my dad will probably want some kind of estimate. . .
Well I'm saying I'm okay with Brawl and Melee, I'm thinking singles only with the present system.

Hyped present matches too I guess as well.
I couldn't give you an exact number to be honest. I could try and get a list of confirmed people, though, on the OP if that would help.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aw yeah! If it's the 18th, I'll request off come this weekend.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'll mention it to him, but at this time of year, best Buy works him like a dog with those holiday hours.

Same reason we had to postpone the Rocky Mount event may be the reason he can't come.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And after everything I heard about your mothers delicious cookies.

The hype is lost, Twitch. Thanks.

Top Bottom