• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Christians at Apex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Hey guys,

Just an idea. I noticed that there's some warm-up time on Sunday from 9:00 - 10:30. I'm not sure that everyone's going to make it into brackets, or that they'd still be in brackets that late, so I thought it'd be cool to have an opportunity to have a small bible study or devotional sharing.

I could prepare something, or a few of us could share some devos. I think it'd be a great time, and a good continuation of fellowship (esp. since I'm missing service!). If someone brings a guitar, we could sing a few praise songs, too.

What do y'all think?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Hi Unknown! And of course, you don't have to be a Christian to come lol. But I just wanted to grab attention from the title. You interested, Ryan?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
this is the coolest idea ever.

reminds me of when I went to Tourneyplay 5 in Socal and the first evening I was there I went to a bible study with Julian and all his Chinese friends :D so legit.

I won't be there, but good luck Manuel! ^_^

Life

Smash Hero
I'm curious to see if this devolves into a flame war.

That being said, I applaud the effort, gotta take some guts to put something like this up on a video game site, heh.

Albert.

Smash Master
So Dabuz, one of the top Olimar players, prays apparently in-tourney.

And then Anti made this joke

"Looks like you need a new god if he's only taking you to 17th place"

ROFL

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
i'd be up for it even though i'm agnostic ^_^'

but i'm not going to Apex soo :(

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Manuel, this is a really amazing thing that you're doing tbh.

Though I'm not a religious type personally, I'm very impressed. I hope you gain a lot of interest.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I'm agnostic, and I'd do it, but unfortunately, I'm not going, and trolls, get the **** out, he has the balls to do this because he believes in it, it's not like he's trying to force you guys into it.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Woah...

First of all i must say kudos for actually making a thread like this. Also, i'm A Christian and would love to do this.....but i'm not @ Apex :(
Still, that would be awesome.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I must have heard the story wrong LOL but good ****, me too
what actually happened, was people thought i was praying to my jew gods when i was actually try to calm down because my heart was beating like crazy and i didn't care enough to correct people when they assumed i was praying

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm really sorry I didn't check this. I didn't hear too much from Apexers anywho, but I'm actually still in town for a few weeks lol. If tri-state guys host a tournament, I'd wouldn't think twice about having a bible study alongside, lol.

=P my two favourite smashers are Christians, and they are also the heroes of Apex: Axe and PP!

I embrace the idea of people knowing what they believe in, and also why they believe it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
The original Christianity solely from the Bible was a religion I can kind of respect, but the Church ****ed it up sooooo badly for their own selfish needs. Kind of like how Islam was originally good, but Muslim societies screwed it up too.

Anyways, WHY are people giving props for this? Making a religious thread on a video game forum is ALWAYS a bad idea.

S l o X

Smash Champion
So...why does everyone believe in their God?

/stilltryingtounderstandreligouspeople
Hope.

So many reasons, if you can't comprehend why people believe in a God / Gods then you honestly shouldn't even talk about what you do or don't believe in. Obv. there are different reasons for people but if you don't have a general reason why already in your head then :/

You can't have an opinion on a subject you don't know anything about.

... Well I guess you can but it's stupid.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
<- Atheist.

Not understanding the desire people have in here to troll people. Professor, GhllieShdeKnife, and anybody else are being quite scummy. Stop being dogmatic and realize that people have their different views. If it's not imposing on your rights, then GTFO.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
If anyone has philosophically honest interest in why I believe what I believe, please PM me. I didn't make a "religious thread", I was just hoping to round up some brahs (and sistahs?) if there were a few at Apex. It didn't quite materialize, but that's alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom