• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I think the big problem with the wrestler is that, he's not exactly the best representative for a rhythm game.
A lot of people would associate the game with a WRESTLER. A choir is much better because it actually has something to do with rhythm.

It's the same for Karate Joe actually, as much as I hate to admit it. Rhythm Girl and Marshall are fine though, but they're kinda general. A choir is a great idea for a rep imo, and they're kinda the face of Rhythm Heaven DS anyway.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
They're no Monkey, but I'm happy that the sneaky spirit appeared and pretty much confirmed Rhythm Heaven will get its due. Rhythm Heaven + Palutena means this is a great game.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
There need be more than three unlockable new guys.
All we know is that Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac and Rosalina are starters. Mii, Pac-Man, Palutena, Mega Man, Greninja, Chrom, Shulk and Chorus Men could be our unlockable newcomers and that's a pretty lengthy list at 8 of the 12 newcomers. For reference, Brawl had 6 unlockable newcomers (Lucario, ROB, Toon Link, Wolf, Snake and Sonic) and Melee had 9 (Dr. Mario, Ganon, Falco, Young Link, Pichu, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Marth and Roy).

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Although I've been neutral on this character, I'd like to extend congratulations. Come the next direct in August, they may be revealed!

I'm sure their move set will be fun with what Sakurai comes up with, after seeing Mii and Paccy.

Besides... this also helps with a character that I've been rooting for.

Come on Shulk!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
All we know is that Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac and Rosalina are starters. Mii, Pac-Man, Palutena, Mega Man, Greninja, Chrom, Shulk and Chorus Men could be our unlockable newcomers and that's a pretty lengthy list at 8 of the 12 newcomers. For reference, Brawl had 6 unlockable newcomers (Lucario, ROB, Toon Link, Wolf, Snake and Sonic) and Melee had 9 (Dr. Mario, Ganon, Falco, Young Link, Pichu, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Marth and Roy).
Was it not said that we are not being shown secret characters, except luigi and third parties?
Sakurai is all about those hidden characters. It would be weird to have them revealed ahead of time. I think this makes it all the more likely that the non new IP most wanted characters are the hidden characters

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I'd actually like to see these guys show up, at first it seemed weird to me having never played such game. After jumping back into Brawl and playing Hanenbow I have a feeling Sakurai could pull it off well.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
So the Gematsu leak convinced me to look up Rhythm Heaven, because I had no idea it even existed, who the Chorus Men the leak spoke of were, or anything about it until I read these forums. And I think I support Marshall being in (over the Chorus Men, as he seems to fit better and make more sense). Rhythm Heaven has three games, is made entirely by Nintendo, and has done well in sales and reviews. I see no reason why it shouldn't be included. In fact, because its a new series being represented and is more prominent than I realized, I propose that getting a Rhythm Heaven rep is actually more prominent than getting Shulk or Chrom.

Marshall for Smash 4.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that Chorus Kids isn't Marshal 3 times, I think it would be way better if it was Marshal, Miss Ribbon, and Cam.

But I want my Rhythm based combos, so yay anyway.
If that was the case than who would get their own thread, Louie G or me or both? Also, #I'm jealous

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I still don't know much about these guys, but the concept is interesting and if they are confirmed I am all in on Sal's leak.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You know, the more I think of it, the more likely the Chorus Kids are. I just really don't want Lucas cut. But they are still pretty cool characters. I'm hoping for them! And hoping Lucas remains in the game!

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
You know, the more I think of it, the more likely the Chorus Kids are. I just really don't want Lucas cut. But they are still pretty cool characters. I'm hoping for them! And hoping Lucas remains in the game!
Not entirely sure the Gematsu leak is 100% accurate.

I am with you on that front as I worry Snake will get the axe aswell.

Even if they did cut Squritle, Ivysaur or Lucas I could see them all very well coming back as DLC.
They all had their own unique movesets, so porting the pokemon over with one new move wouldn't be too bad I'd imagine.

I liked Lucas. I never really considered him a clone of Ness as most of his moves are unique to him, so see the same thing happening in regards to DLC if he is cut.

Do you guys think that the Rhythm Heaven character could be Marshall instead of the 3 kids?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I really hope that Chorus Kids didn't become Marshall.
I like the Chorus Kids better.

D

Deleted member

Minor aesthetic question:

Would you guys prefer monochrome appearance as in their debut and in Game & Wario:

Or with actual color to the tongue and added blush ovals like in the appearance in Fever's Munchy Monk (which makes them resemble Marshal more):

(Best pic I could get of the tongue)

?

(Imagine the first has the cheek blushes)

I personally feel the monochrome is better.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I absolutely expected that stun animation for Sneaky Spirit(s) to be based on them getting hit by the arrow. ( I also saw them jump at one point and sticking their tongue out like when you miss them at one video)

Sooooooo excited though now to see how Chorus Men/Kids/Rhythm Kids/Marshall will turn out. I'm so expecting them to use rhythm-based moveset though. Also all the RH-themed music, stages... aah, I can't just handle the idea of seeing all this sometime soon.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Minor aesthetic question:

Would you guys prefer monochrome appearance as in their debut and in Game & Wario:

Or with actual color to the tongue and added blush ovals like in the appearance in Fever's Munchy Monk (which makes them resemble Marshal more):

(Best pic I could get of the tongue)

?

(Imagine the first has the cheek blushes)

I personally feel the monochrome is better.
Monochrome as the main, colored as the alt maybe?

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
I don't know much of the series, or even the mini game these characters are from, but the thought of seeing three monochrome (or mostly monocrome) characters running around as one character is neat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Monochrome as the main, colored as the alt maybe?
Colored as an alt would be a little too much like the default.
So perhaps, to go with the idea that some people have that the "Chorus Kids" should be Marshal, Miss Ribbon, and Cam, the first Chorus Kid would have the colored appearance (since it's similar to Marshal), the second would be blue with the cheek blushes and colored tongue, and the third would be pink with the blushes and tongue?

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Provided the Gematsu leak turns out true, I'm curious how nintendo will go about revealing the three remaining newcomers before the Japanese release.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
what about marshall as his name

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, if we're still getting unlockables, and the third parties are still unlockable, along with the remaining Sal characters, we still probably have 6 unlockable newcomers which is perfectly logical. (Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men, Pac, Sanic and Mega Man. 6.)

Seems fine to me.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Chorus boy movest is like a rhythm pattern and the moves he will do are most likely from the others games of rhythm heaven.

The chorus boys are gonna BE LIKE Pac-man except with the retro namco and put some rhythm heaven madness there!

ChillySundance

Smash Apprentice
At this point it really comes down to whether it's 'chorus men' (implying a trio) or 'Marshal' (implying single character)

I'm pretty sure Marshal is intended to be one of the chorus men, possibly the one that you play as in the minigame. How about a triple character that DOESN'T behave like the ice climbers? Maybe they're all standing on each other's heads, allowing them to sing high/mid/low notes?

D

Deleted member

Or maybe it's three characters that follow each other around, but the second and third guy only attack if you press attack at certain times? I dunno. I highly doubt they'd be an IC styled trio. That would be silly levels of overpowered.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Even though I am kind of against there inclusion, I would probably be very happy and main them if they were a 3-1 character, like Ice climbers. I honestly hope its not just 1 of them and the leaker just got confused with marshal or something.

D

Deleted member

Referring to Marshal as one of the Chorus Kids should be a bannable offense (at least from the thread).

Speculator

Smash Ace
Well, if we're still getting unlockables, and the third parties are still unlockable, along with the remaining Sal characters, we still probably have 6 unlockable newcomers which is perfectly logical. (Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men, Pac, Sanic and Mega Man. 6.)
Sanic was in Brawl, remember? He's no newcomer.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My mistake. I guess it's me lumping all the third parties together. Sonic may as well me a newcomer to me, because I never played him in Brawl either.

LegendaryFish

Smash Rookie
Hello! It's fun to read all the different debates, theories, and heated arguments ideas about the Chorus Kids.
I decided to give it a shot and give my 2 cents.

Whether you believe they will be a character or not is not my concern. I am not telling you what to believe.
I am simply putting my ideas on how they would play.

Please do not let me mediocre Photoshop skills defer you from reading.

Theory #1
The Pokemon Trainer Theory

This idea should be pretty obvious. Only one of the chorus kids fight at once, while the other two
sit in the background and presumably make silly faces when the one in combat gets hit...

Such a qt

In all seriousness though, this is my favorite idea of the 3, and I think it is the most likely.
For his final smash, the 2 background singers (See what I did there?) would teleport to the
foreground to do a group attack.
It's not like you would notice them teleporting due to the camera panning when it's activated.

Theory #2
Single Fighter

Our cool little Chorus Kid could act as a single fighter.
I know there is supposed to be three, but no one said there has to be three.
Hell, no one said he's even confirmed in the first place.

But as he attacks, the other kids would pop up to sing, punch, kick - whatever to aid him.

Once again, ignore the photoshop, I don't expect them to really be headbutting people...
I was too lazy to make anything else.

Theory #3
Three Fighters...Connected

Yes, this might as well be my third theory.
This is probably the most ridiculous of the three, and the one I do not think is likely.
But hey... the whole character is ridiculous in the first place.

NO, this would not function like 3 Ice Climbers.
The character would literally consist of three of them, connected. When the main one
uses a smash attack, it would be similar to the "Single Fighter Theory" and the other ones
would jump forward to punch, kick, or sing.

When the main kid jumps, the other ones follow.
When he gets knocked back, the other ones follow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom