• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

choknater's sheik videos

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao @ imdavid

i just want ppl to watch it and critique xD

guys i'm still very reckless, but i hope it's entertaining to watch (well, i am composing myself a lot better than before, but you'll see in these videos that i have a LOT of random dash attack or random usmash moments. sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. random dash attack = too good)

my friend uploaded the vids to his comp, he just has to send them to me and i'll put it up on my youtube channel

maybe in a couple days? i've been very, very busy lately

i claim here an now, RAR bair is the choknater approach!

"RAR bair all day son!"

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I see too much similarity between my play and yours when it comes to Sheik. For transformation, though... You use no Zelda first game and stay Zelda from your second stock on for the second game, which makes little sense to me. The ending to game 2 was unexpectedly hilarious, though.

Overall, good ****. Use Zelda properly, and don't misinput that Down+B, rofl.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You shouldn't've dropped from the left at the very end... needles travel diagonally when in the air, so the right side would've been a much better choice. XD

Also, am I the only one seeing something wrong in letting Peach live to over 200%?

Charoo

Smash Champion
sheik vs peach is like one of the most played match for me haha

I just know that for sure, zelda to kill is good in this one. I dunno anything about that though cause I go all sheik.

Your sheik is way faster than mine haha. You get a lot of damage form ur aerials while I get mine from the ground usually. That down+b on the second match is too good haha. I did that before too and I got owned with a fully charge forward smash >_<

From my experience, whoever get the first kill wins. It's the crucial to get the first stock. The reason for that is because you both take FOREVER to kill each other. Taking the first stock and then play defensive to rack up damage is the key.

I notice some peach stuff too. She always get up on the ledge with a ledge attack (wha?!) and she needs to learn her float spacing vs sheik. Like she shouldn't get edge guard when comnig back with the right distance (melee era). Also on the stage too with the right float, sheik can't hit her.

oh yeah, use neutral air when u want to hit soem1 from the edge. I saw u use forward air like every time I think. Probably just a melee habit, but neutral air does more damage and better knock back. Make sure it hits though cause u'll probably get punish after wards.

r u going to axis? You should fight edrees, and I'll fight chokolait (sp?) or do some team combination haha

edit: I don't really use sheik vs peach in tourney. I rather use falcon instead. He have a better chance than sheik 0_0

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm thanks champ! i'd like to play edrees, that would be very interesting!

unfortunately i'm not going to Axis, and neither is chokalait... but something that may be interesting for you is that this weekend, chokalait is moving to LA to otis college for art. i told him he better find a lot of socal players to play against xD he'd fit right in

thanks for the nair tip, yeah fair is definitely a habit for me, and it seems to be easier to hit with since it has range kinda above and below sheik. but i'm sure i can nail some nairs, i'll try to go for those too.

maybe i'll give my friend your peach tips too

yeah, i like to go all sheik as well. peach vs sheik is a high risk matchup, she has great priority but sheik has great speed. it's really fun, i'm glad to hear from a good sheik player who does a lot of the same matchup as me.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
ohh chocky... you're such a meanie... messing with the peach giving him hope on the last stock in vid 3... but only to laugh at peach's inability to grab the stage from behind...

nice mix of jab->stuff combos, it seems to be preventing you from lots of potential damage

personally, i can't do this match up at all. so kudos on this one ^^

demodemo

Smash Ace
never played the matchup before, and since peach is such a unique character i can't give you any constructive comments at all

instead, i'll just say that your sheik *****, your zelda *****, and your friend's peach *****. I secondary peach, so the matches were fun to watch ^^

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
thanks demodemo!

to imdavid: yeah, the jab is great. it's fast, and its priority with its slashing is very reminiscent of falco's wing jabs. it comes out quicker and with more priority than ftilts, so sometimes jabbing in a pinch is very helpful. yes, it does prevent a lot of damage, just watch out for power shield grabs.

champ, i think a reason i do most of my damage on peach with aerials is because i'm afraid of her priority. when she floats, she floats too high for needles, and her dair/nair/fair will outprioritize my tilts. i think it's too risky sometimes to rush in and usmash when she's floating. what are some ground options that i have for a floating peach?

one of my favorite approaches now is run up, sh and nair on the way up, and DI back to not get grabbed. too good! it seems to work against floating too, and comes out faster than RAR bairs.

Chokalait

Smash Rookie
sheik vs peach is like one of the most played match for me haha

I just know that for sure, zelda to kill is good in this one. I dunno anything about that though cause I go all sheik.

Your sheik is way faster than mine haha. You get a lot of damage form ur aerials while I get mine from the ground usually. That down+b on the second match is too good haha. I did that before too and I got owned with a fully charge forward smash >_<

From my experience, whoever get the first kill wins. It's the crucial to get the first stock. The reason for that is because you both take FOREVER to kill each other. Taking the first stock and then play defensive to rack up damage is the key.

I notice some peach stuff too. She always get up on the ledge with a ledge attack (wha?!) and she needs to learn her float spacing vs sheik. Like she shouldn't get edge guard when comnig back with the right distance (melee era). Also on the stage too with the right float, sheik can't hit her.

oh yeah, use neutral air when u want to hit soem1 from the edge. I saw u use forward air like every time I think. Probably just a melee habit, but neutral air does more damage and better knock back. Make sure it hits though cause u'll probably get punish after wards.

r u going to axis? You should fight edrees, and I'll fight chokolait (sp?) or do some team combination haha

edit: I don't really use sheik vs peach in tourney. I rather use falcon instead. He have a better chance than sheik 0_0
Haha, thanks for the feedback Champ!

I noticed that a lot of what you're saying is true, esp. the part about getting the early advantage with the first stock. Peach and Sheik really have a hard time killing each other unless either one of them can get off 1 solid hit, which is generally hard because at high percents, you know its coming lol.

Thanks for the advice though, I think that one of my problems is finding a solid approach for sheik, since, even if i approach with a dair at the right height, sheik's got a fast nair to counter me with.

Anyway, yeah what Choknater said is true, next sunday, ill be in Culver City in LA, so if you and Edress wouldn't mind, i'd love to smash with you guys.

Where exactly in SoCal are you guys, by LA I hope?

Charoo

Smash Champion
thanks demodemo!

to imdavid: yeah, the jab is great. it's fast, and its priority with its slashing is very reminiscent of falco's wing jabs. it comes out quicker and with more priority than ftilts, so sometimes jabbing in a pinch is very helpful. yes, it does prevent a lot of damage, just watch out for power shield grabs.

champ, i think a reason i do most of my damage on peach with aerials is because i'm afraid of her priority. when she floats, she floats too high for needles, and her dair/nair/fair will outprioritize my tilts. i think it's too risky sometimes to rush in and usmash when she's floating. what are some ground options that i have for a floating peach?

one of my favorite approaches now is run up, sh and nair on the way up, and DI back to not get grabbed. too good! it seems to work against floating too, and comes out faster than RAR bairs.
I know what u mean man. A perfect float range is a pain to deal with! Taking it to the air is definitely what u need to do vs peach with sheik. That's why I prefer falcon more cause he's too good in aerial combat. One of the thing I do is I run under the float and bring my shield up. 90% of the time, the peach will down air u. This is when the up tilt comes in. It's literally the only move sheik can do out of shield to hit peach before she does another down air. That's one way to fight on the ground. Besides that, spacing n/b/f air r the best. Staying on the ground doesn't help much when she can use her neutral air to shut you down on like everything.

It's a spacing batlle between the two haha.

Haha, thanks for the feedback Champ!

I noticed that a lot of what you're saying is true, esp. the part about getting the early advantage with the first stock. Peach and Sheik really have a hard time killing each other unless either one of them can get off 1 solid hit, which is generally hard because at high percents, you know its coming lol.

Thanks for the advice though, I think that one of my problems is finding a solid approach for sheik, since, even if i approach with a dair at the right height, sheik's got a fast nair to counter me with.

Anyway, yeah what Choknater said is true, next sunday, ill be in Culver City in LA, so if you and Edress wouldn't mind, i'd love to smash with you guys.

Where exactly in SoCal are you guys, by LA I hope?
one of the best thing peach have over sheik is the edge game. You can edge guard sheik pretty well with turnip since up+b's first part depends on your jump momentum now. Grab the edge so sheik is force to go no the stage. You get a free forward air on her every time. Edrees also like to stay floated like 24/7. Make it hard for me to hit him.

culver city is actually not that far from me. I live in bellflower and edrees lives in Anaheim. So like 30 min from me and like 50 min from edrees. Bardull lives in culver city so maybe u can smash with him. Just make a thread at pacific west, and I'm sure soem1 will paly with u. You got this.

I think edrees and I mgiht record our own best of 5 set haha. So we can help each other out.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yea that'd be fun to watch

thanks for the shield utilt tip for between dairs, i think that's what i need!

Chokalait

Smash Rookie
Ahhh thanks for the advice Champ!

And yeah, you and Edrees should do a best outa 5 match and post it up. I think that if would help out a lot seeing how you two would do against each other.

Charoo

Smash Champion
edrees and i did our set already. It was best of 3 though cause we were holding up something and people were waiting for us to haha. So there were some mess up stuff that we didn't want to do =( no johns though

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=186772

chokolait aim me man. xuerarit. So we can play when u're down here

Snakeee

Smash Master
Your Sheik is very good, and you're awesome at comboing. However, like you admitted you're too reckless. You let yourself get shieldgrabbed too much usually by f-airing into someone's shield. If you're going to put pressure on that way you're better off spacing b-airs, then you won't be able to get grabbed (well maybe by DDD >_>). You also just keep attacking when you're really out of position and leave yourself vulnerable. I liked watching your vids though, and I like your style. Keep it up.

__V

Smash Journeyman
The friendly vs. Snake was beautiful. Post more! XD

Top Bottom