• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard's Super Armor!

MasterJukeYGOJ

Smash Rookie
My friend and i today accidentally discovered that Charizard can survive OHKO Final Smashes!
Here's the video! If you'd like to see the video where we discovered it, lemme know and i will upload it as soon as i can! This is just to show you Charizard surviving the Attack!
All Credit goes to My friend PhazonWii(Marth) And I PhazonJuke(Charizard)!
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJfyBC-hN4U

EDIT: Btw excuse me for the complaining, but the person holding the camera was complaining about how long it took for the smash ball to appear.. And i was talking on the phone with Wii over wifi! lol

cnza

Smash Rookie
That's pretty amazing. lol at the conversation, though.
I'll be sure to try that out, even though I'm not a big PT player.

Chrono Centaur

Smash Apprentice
So, Charizard's Up-B has Super Armor frames

And this is something new? :< Ike's has it too, I'm not surprised.

MasterJukeYGOJ

Smash Rookie
I believe his Super Armor is alot better then Ike's. Charizard's is INSTANT!! Yes it will be very useful for PT players. I love PT, and now i have a 1 up against Marth users! lol!

EDIT: And yeah.. it was kinda funny.. he threw the Deku nut on purpose though. xD

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I believe his Super Armor is alot better then Ike's. Charizard's is INSTANT!! Yes it will be very useful for PT players. I love PT, and now i have a 1 up against Marth users! lol!

EDIT: And yeah.. it was kinda funny.. he threw the Deku nut on purpose though. xD
Good Charizard players should pretty much be able to use this move like a counter. Especially against incoming aerial attacks such as Ike's F-air and stuff.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
I've known Charizard has super armor on his Up B for awhile, and I don't even play PT.

Old news.

Also, there's character specific forums for character specific stuff.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Snake's up-b has a bunch of super armor at the beginning too. Gone through a zero lazer with it, it's pretty funny.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Maybe it's because Charizard does not flinch during his Up+B, like Ike's Up+B.
I wonder if you can survive the bite of the Chimera (that pink devil thing) at New Pork City. It does 100% damage if it bites you. Maybe it does 200% damage, since i saw Game & Watch get it once before.

MasterJukeYGOJ

Smash Rookie
Well.. I don't think he'd be able to.. The timing would be pretty difficult! And i tried people with similar up b's to charizard's such as Wario.. But i don't think it works!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smart players will not randomly spam out One-Hit FS:es when they can be spotdodged/airdodged/super armored. As such, Super Armor moves (all of them with a lot of recovery lag unless the SA frames only come up during certain parts of the attacks) are not very useful against FS:es. Since if you do one while being baited, you'll lag and give the opponent a free FS.

SA-moves can be good moves to counter pressure/incoming aerials, though.

Top Bottom