• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you can FSmash on the ledge

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
The following characters can be hit with FSmash while they're holding the legde:

DDD
G&W (you need to be closer than usual. Aim for his big fat nose)
Meta-F***ing-knight
Pika
DK
Mario
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard
Luigi
Bowser
Olimar
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Ness
Yoshi
ICs

Basically, if part of them sticks above the ground-level, you can get a hit. Space the tip of your smash for the highest part of them. If nothing sticks above the ground-level, Fsmash barely has any vertical range below the stage, so you're better off using something else.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Aura sphere works better for this just so you know (cause of the curvy trajectory) :)

But still, thanks for the info, I'll put it to good use. Didn't know it worked on GW.

Browny

Smash Hater
I think a more important thing to look at is characters who you can fsmash as they do thier get up attack, ledgehop a fair or roll onto the stage. For example wolf is succeptible to all 3. if you space it properly you can simply wait until he does anything, fsmash on reaction and be relatively safe. It will take a hell of a lot of memorizing which characters fall for this, and since ledge attacks change at 100% its even more harder but it worth a try. Ive pretty much got the spacing + timing down on wolf to hit him more often than not, im sure with practice it would be possible to apply this for many characters.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
What about the stages? Maybe Lylat, 75m, Pirate Ship, and probably some others stages I can't think of right now. Those stage may make it easier for Lucario to f-smash them out of edgehogging.

Timbers

check me out
Fsmash actually does have a hitbox that extends beneath the stage, but it's only a minor reach. The characters that can't be hit below stage level when hanging actually have their hurtbox suspended lower than the actual character model.

EDIT: And wowz, I didn't know ICs could be hit with fsmash.

Does anyone know when Nana loses her invincibility? Is it before Popo? That'd be really interesting to know.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
This is quite helpful. Ganon is possibly one of the easiest to nail before coming onto the edge, as he doesn't sweetspot until he has completely finished most of the recovery process.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
If you guys want to add data on who can be hit with their getup attacks, jumps, etc, post it up and I'll add it to the first post! I'll also correct the info about where the FSmash extends.

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
We should do this for a number of attacks... I've gotten some really odd ones with D-smash before, I'll have to thoroughly test who it can hit. Who knows, maybe we'll find a use for it other than the random lucky roll punish.

For f-smash, I'm somehow not surprised. It does everything else, after all :)

Top Bottom