• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters With Multiple Jumps Don't Recover On Distant Planet.

IFC Jigglypuff

Smash Cadet
just found out about this like 10 mins ago, on distant planet characters with multiple double jumps just don't recover. example: I will do a fox back throw against pit & have him fall off stage & he will just fall to the bottom blast zone. doesn't even use one jump or up-b at all. I've so far noticed it on pit, meta knight & jigglypuff.

Last edited:

IFC Jigglypuff

Smash Cadet
Well then, that's a lot different than what the thread title would have people believe.
oops lol
thx for the warning, wouldn't know why that is happening, will fix.
thank you, I never noticed it in 3.0, since I only played on the stage in teams really haha. & it sucks playing CPU when you & your friends can't play until the weekend because of work :/

IFC Jigglypuff

Smash Cadet
afaik, CPU AI is a work in progress, anything involving them is pretty much known and the dude (singlular) making the AI is working hard to improve them.

@ KingClubber KingClubber may shed some light on the matter.
he definitely improved them :p fox now waveshines & short hop Nair into shine or bair into shine. blew my mind hahah

IFC Jigglypuff

Smash Cadet
I don't think it's specific to Distant Planet, because I've seen CPU's do that all the time (in 3.02 anyway).
ive never seen it really in 3.02, & I've tried it on yoshis brawl, yoshis story, dreamland, fountain & Pokemon stadium 2 & they always recover. if I knock them off the left side on distant, they will fall until like a couple pixels away from the blast zone, then try to recover but don't end up making it back. & if I send them off the right side they don't even try at all.

Top Bottom