• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that are best known in two countries/continents.

parrothead

Smash Lord
This thread is about creating a list of characters that are best known in two countries or continents. What I mean is, that there are some characters that appeared in titles released in only two countries or continents. Do these characters count as world-known characters?

Here are several examples that I could think of:

Ness (MOTHER 2/SNES EarthBound) (Japan and North America)
Geno and Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) (Japan and North America)
Doshin and Jashin (Doshin the Giant) (Japan and Europe)
Mike Jones (StarTropics) (North America and Europe; Zoda's Revenge was only released in North America)
Kururin (Kuru Kuru Kururin) (Japan and Europe; sequels only released in Japan)
Alice (Balloon Kid - North America; Balloon Fight GB - Japan)
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Earth) (Japan for the N64, and China for the iQue)
Mr. Stevenson (Gumshoe) (North America and Europe)
Characters from Custom Robo: Battle Revolution and Custom Robo Arena (Japan and North America)

That's about all I could think of. Anyone else I'm missing?

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Earthbound Zero (Mother 1) come out in Europe (Or at least get re-issued for the GBA or something)? That makes Ninten one of those characters.

parrothead

Smash Lord
MOTHER 1 / NES EarthBound was only released in Japan.

NES EarthBound (or "Earth Bound" with a space) = the cancelled NES title
EarthBound ZERO = Pirated version of NES EarthBound

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
MOTHER 1 / NES EarthBound was only released in Japan.

NES EarthBound (or "Earth Bound" with a space) = the cancelled NES title
EarthBound ZERO = Pirated version of NES EarthBound
Hm. I guess I thought that they released the GBA reissue of Mother 1 + 2 in Europe. A quick trip to Starmen.net proves me wrong.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

The reason why I created this thread, is that it's not just Japan-Only characters that matters, it's also characters known in only two countries / continents.

Top Bottom