• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Characters are happier on Wii U

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
A lot of the realistic or serious characters seem happier
in their victory animations on the Wii U.

Zero Suit Samus and Zelda both smile in one of their
victories, and Marth is downright chipper in all of his.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Yeah, I noticed this with Mega Man. He smiles during his victory poses on Wii U, but on the 3DS he has a neutral expression.
Maybe he's happier to be in HD?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What happened to your Ganondorf? You used to always show your confident and menacing grin, but now I just can't take you seriously.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
:4robinf:'s smile in one of her victory poses is adorable.

:4sheik: still angry, tho

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Have you seen jigglypuff's down throw? Oh god, the anger is real.

Still adorable though :039:

anddna

Smash Rookie
Mario looks way too angry... maybe because he thinks it Super Smash Bros should really be called something like "Super Mario defending his throne of some wannabe Nintendo mascots. Heck, not just Nintendo anymore, now Sega, Capcom and Namco are trying to do whay they have failed for years."

lol

Otherwise... i think Ganondorf should really have an evil smile >:) instead of a "f#ck! everything! Zelda is mine!" attitude >:|

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
F!Robin has such a powerful smile, it's just cute. Same goes for Mega Man, I love the smiling expression on his face.

Ganondorf is just hilarious to me though, he looks so damn mad all the time. Makes me lol

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
:4falcon::4littlemac::4robinm:Don't even smile at all. All serious as ever.

:4sonic:Is happy TOO MUCH. Or is that cockiness

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
:4pit: Pit's "Victory!" one is the best one outta his poses since he actually smiles, and it's actually the only time he smiles in the game. Surprising, he seems a bit happier but completely less expressive in Brawl.

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
What happened to your Ganondorf? You used to always show your confident and menacing grin, but now I just can't take you seriously.
I actually think he looks way better. Maybe it's because his mouth his covered by his collar during one of his win poses.

mrrwalden

Smash Rookie
Smash 4 as a whole (3DS and Wii U) takes itself a lot less seriously than Brawl aesthetically, and it's something I'm thankful for. The art direction and tone is so much more appropriate for the characters.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
:4pit: Pit's "Victory!" one is the best one outta his poses since he actually smiles, and it's actually the only time he smiles in the game. Surprising, he seems a bit happier but completely less expressive in Brawl.
On the 3DS it looks fine, even without the smile, but I find his expression on the Wii U version kinda creepy somehow. I think it's his eyes during that smile as they weren't changed from the 3DS version where he has his mouth closed in a serious manner, thus they look oddly sinister to me. :ohwell:

onlikedonkeykong

Smash Rookie
I feel like they should all look a little more intense than they usually do, not happier. They are fighting each other after all.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
... Marth...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j7x8BF7_wU
Really sorry for posting a barely relevant video here, but I love that person's channel, and have been trying to find ANY application for that video at all.

Marth is more like a girl than ever before. Dat sparkle in his eyes.
Smash 4 is a LOT brighter and happier overall, which is great, yeah.
One thing that I find weird though... they use that "shiny" effect on characters way too much in my opinion. A ton of characters, in certain lighting (e.g. Boxing Ring) look really metallic when they're probably not supposed to be.
Not something that we would look into too much anyway though, so ehh, it's okay.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Ganon's not the only Zelda character to get grumpier, Zelda
barely looks happy at all in this game outside of one victory on the Wii U, compared to Brawl.

@ Champ Gold Champ Gold Replace :4robinm: with :4myfriends:. It's like he's compensating
for Marth's new happiness. Little Mac smiles when Doc Louis raises his arm.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, you can say most character has more expressions on the Wii U than the 3DS version.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think it's the improved graphical capacity that allows for finer attention to detail.

Uhh yeah they seem pretty happy though. Marth and Shulk seem to be having a grand old time compared to the 3DS version. I think that's nice.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
:4link: Looks neutral in the 3DS Version, but he glares so hard in the Wii U Version

Ephemiel

Smash Cadet
Shulk actually looks much better as well. Well enough that most people would say he's doing something specific, maybe feeling the love, probably REALLY feeling it.

Top Bottom