• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character you hate losing to the most!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Hmm... tough question. I'm gonna have to go with Ness. Every Ness player on FG taunts and teabags the ground like they're hot ****, blissfully unaware that they're actually playing the easiest character in the game. The vast majority of them just spam PK Fire the entire match so they can be spoonfed an effortless D-throw combo or a charged F-Smash or a Back-Throw KO.
Other dishonorable mentions go to Mario, Fox, Sonic, Dark Pit, Palutena, and Little Mac. The latter 2 are like punching bags, so I feel super self-conscious whenever I meet one who beats me, Sonic is an annoying piece of ****, Mario/Fox players are super disrespectful, and I just hate Dark Pit for a variety of reasons.

Last edited:

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
-Any crap players that roll from legde to ledge camping and spamming projectiles, most common are using :4link: and :4samus:
-90% of :4ness:'s that I meet spam the super easy PK Fire Dthrow triple Fair combo and kills you with Back throw.
-Some :4mario:'s that think they're some pro that does the hardest of combos, Dthrow to Utilt spam.
-The infamous HOO-HAH the whole match with :4diddy:
- The Spin Dash Spam of :4sonic:that says ''That was almost too easy!'' with 1 stock left at 150%.

In conclusion, i hate losing to classic spammy characters of For Glory

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
Ness... His so ****ing hard as **** to DI combo is just ****ing stupid. Other than that I don't really have as much as a problem with other spammy type characters, it's just that Ness is the most ridiculous.

Last edited:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
There is nothing worse than Pac-Man. I hate how he looks, I hate how he plays, and I hate when he wins. I even hate his victory theme. The worst part is that I really don't have a good reason. He just annoys me.
This... So much this... I can't explain it either.

it's just

EVERYTIME I SEE HIS STUPID FACE IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL :mad:

:006:

Link24242

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4184-3214-6215
I really hate :4lucario: and :4samus: almost solely because of their neutral B's. Characters that like camping with projectiles aren't so bad. They're annoying, but easy to deal with if you play intelligently. However, these two are completely different because they each have a large and fast-moving projectile that CAN KILL YOU.

Also, I'm so happy to see I'm not the only person who is annoyed by everything about :4pacman:.

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
I Must say I lost to a very good link player today and it made me pretty salty. Those bombs are annoying!

Rudy922

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0275-8848-7364
I hate losing to Sonic because my dumb**s decided that i wanted to enjoy/use all the slow/floaty characters with laggy moves(i.e. Zelda, Pit, Rosalina) The fastest secondary i use is Greninja, and im not the best with him.
Sounds like
YOU'RE TOO SLOW ;) :4sonic::sonic:

There are only a couple of characters that really get under my skin. 1-:4duckhunt:This guy! Ugh! the amount of people who sit there and spam the frisbee, explosive barrel, and cowboy is unreal and just flat irritating if they beat me
2-:4ganondorf: This douchebag is just an absolute ass to deal with. If he lands about 6 power attacks over, that's it, you're done. Always a hard hitter, and a piss off

3- :4mario:Absolutely nothing against Mario, He's my favorite to fight, but I'm a Sonic fanboy, and having Sonic lose to Mario is just insulting

Last edited by a moderator:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't enjoy losing to Rosalinas, R.O.Bs or Links as they keep asking me be in constant pressure for trying to deal with their strengths despite doing the same thing over and over again with spaced attacks or just being plain defensive with projectile spamming to looking for openings with aerials (R.O.Bs and Links mostly). It's kind of stressing to keep up with. Some Link-player even called me names and how my attempts to attack him were "BOOM #REKT". Sweet attitudes.

Sonic also is just not fun to play and is more like having to play a crazy game of tag where he's a spinning ball who has to be hit in proper time to actually be damage. Up-Throw + Up-B + U-Air is also pretty annoying if landing despite me now being able to see it coming.

Captain Falcon is bit of a special, I don't really hate to lose to him, but his players irritate me as they just scream the poster saltiness of Smash Bros (though he has reliable combo setups and quick speed and great power or tools to top it off), and it's not fun to be asked to "show your moves" incase I just didn't do much to 'em, whether mistake or not. They legitly want to put you down and that attitude grates me hard.

Rest I can handle fine, but skilled players might have me bummed with fellas I might even use.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I REALLY HATE losing to pikachu, cause i main put and whenever I battle pikachu they just spam thunder wave or grab pit and shock him like 10+ times while he literally cant do ANYTHING and then just Lays Pit on Pikachus back and Electrocutes him even more and it happens every freaking time and im just sitting there watching pit die to the shocks and cant do anything. I started to just surrender whenever I see Pikachu because all it does is spam electrocution moves and you cant do anything!!!

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
:4ganondorf: while there are some good Ganondorf's out there I honestly think he's too low tier. Good or not if I lose against one after let's say a Ganoncide I would sorta get mad at myself for even letting me fall in a trap like that x)
:4jigglypuff:Those rest KO's amaze and hate myself for letting it hit me
:4littlemac:Easily edge-guarded with his poor recovery. If I lose to one I would then feel bad..
:4lucario: The Lucario players that I play against always just spam B B B B B at high percents (and if they win it just hurts me to the bone).
:rosalina: Self explanatory.

Last edited:

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
:4sonic: :rosalina: :4diddy: and :4rob:

nothing makes me madder than to see these four show up.

BluBlur91

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonickidd51
3DS FC
1762-3703-4910
i really hate losing to someone who main my main:4sonic: . I feel like their trying to rip off me an just try to prove a point

link2702

Smash Champion
lately little mac players, cuz I've lately been doing some of the dumbest most *facepalm* worthy mistakes that get me punished against even the most mediocre of mac players.

KaabaDB

Smash Rookie
ZSS because ZSS is a fast yet tactical character and annoys me because I cant even approach without taking significant damage

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Decided I can't stand Captain Falcon now.

I can ALWAYS predict when someone is playing Falcon by their tag.

Today I played a "MLG Snip4r" with a tag along the lines of "NUBSCRUBR" - or something similar. Figure'd he'd play a super YOLO Pink Falcon, and I was right.

These guys are ruining the epic-ness of Falcon.

ReturningFall

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RecurringN
3DS FC
1934-0989-6824
Decided I can't stand Captain Falcon now.

I can ALWAYS predict when someone is playing Falcon by their tag.

Today I played a "MLG Snip4r" with a tag along the lines of "NUBSCRUBR" - or something similar. Figure'd he'd play a super YOLO Pink Falcon, and I was right.

These guys are ruining the epic-ness of Falcon.
The worst part is that every 2nd match I find these days are a falcon. They do the dumbest things too (always go for knee, Fsmash like it's going out of style, spam sideB...).

I blame Call of Duty. Got a bunch of kids into online gaming and acting like jerks to look "mature."

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
The worst part is that every 2nd match I find these days are a falcon. They do the dumbest things too (always go for knee, Fsmash like it's going out of style, spam sideB...).

I blame Call of Duty. Got a bunch of kids into online gaming and acting like jerks to look "mature."
ALL, and I quite literally mean ALL, the captain falcons I've fought online do the same thing, dash attack, running grab, or Bair/fair. i've yet to see/get hit by a falcon punch(which kinda depresses me in a way as weird as that sounds)

ggamer77

Smash Cadet
NNID
ggamer77
I just hate loosing to people who use the same tactics and attacks over and over and expect to win.
Though it does feel good to beat them.

:4samus: (Spamus) Missiles, charge shot, grab, bomb.
:4lucario: Aura Sphere every 2 seconds.
:4sonic: :GCR::GCB: combos and nothing else, though they aren't the toughest to beat just annoying.
:4dedede: Gordo, Gordo, jab.
:4littlemac: Smash smash smash.
:rosalina:Let me just sit a mile away while Luma does everything and then up smash.
:4mario: :4luigi::4drmario:Mash every button at once to win.
:4lucina::4marth: Short hop and fair x 100. I literally met a Lucina who did nothing but that as I stood and watched no where even close to her.
:4ness: PK fire, don't need to say more.
:4rob: Camp, camp, up throw.
:4olimar::4alph: Pikmin flying everywhere.
:4pikachu: Thunder jolt, up throw, thunder.
:4kirby: Down air to everything.
:4yoshi: Eggs.
:4zss: :GCB: , grab, down throw, up air / :GCU::GCB:. Its surprising how many ZZS's on for glory play exactly the same.

Last edited:

123outerme

Smash Cadet
NNID
123outerme
I can't really stand losing to Mario, especially if it's the type of Mario that back-throws you off the stage and then tries to fair spike. I have met some really crafty Marios, but the ones that stick to dumb methods really irritate me. Also, I hate losing in a mirror match. Especially if they switch to Toon Link after I beat their main. Most of the time I lose those matches due to accidental dairs just off the stage.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I just hate loosing to people who use the same tactics and attacks over and over and expect to win.

:4sonic: :GCR::GCB: combos and nothing else, though they aren't the toughest to beat just annoying.
:rosalina:Let me just sit a mile away while Luma does everything and then up smash.
:4lucina::4marth: Short hop and fair x 100. I literally met a Lucina who did nothing but that as I stood and watched no where even close to her.
:4zss: :GCB: , grab, down throw, up air / :GCU::GCB:. Its surprising how many ZZS's on for glory play exactly the same.

I agree with everything, but it feels so satisfying to nail dair with Kirby. You either get a cool meteor or a near guaranteed followup.

The generic FG Kirby would be more like "Float, land, smash, down B when your opponent is anywhere near your general area."

link2702

Smash Champion

for samus's credit, her missiles are the basis of her game, and those were nerfed hard from brawl. Why wouldn't a samus use her missiles? she has to cuz her close combat options aren't that good, you might find it annoying as hell to face, but she's heavily crippled if she doesn't use the missiles like crazy.

ggamer77

Smash Cadet
NNID
ggamer77
Yes but its annoying when that's the only thing they do.
The few times I've played as her I never used missiles more than a few times and didn't have too much of a problem.

link2702

Smash Champion
Yes but its annoying when that's the only thing they do.
The few times I've played as her I never used missiles more than a few times and didn't have too much of a problem.
you were likely facing some very low level players or cpus. Most decent players would capitalize greatly on a samus who doesn't user her missiles very much.

even when samus uses her missiles to the best of their ability, she's still fairly bad compared to the rst of the cast right now, losing missle cancelling from brawl really destroyed her camping game, what little boost to kill power she got didn't make up for the lose of her camping game.

She was bad in brawl, and actually ended up worse in smash4.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Personally, it's the characters / players that rely a lot on grabs.

:4olimar::4falcon::4ness::4zss::4diddy: and to some extent :4samus::4duckhunt::4megaman:(whenever you are close) and sometimes :rosalina::4sheik::4shulk:.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Every character

Really, when you think about it, it doesn't matter what specific character you lose to. I hate losing to every character. But if I could choose one that I hate losing to the most, it's peach. Just... Uuugggghhh...

Sacredden

Smash Cadet
Link and Captain Falcon I like as a character, but the online diversity is non existent sometimes.
I can go 10+ matches in a row and get Link, Captain Falcon, or Little Mac.
The thing is, outside of online Im perfectly fine with them, because I get other matchups besides just those 3,so it doesn't hurt the mix.

Sonic's comboing hurt playing ROB a lot, ROB gets sucked in midair to easy, so seeing b specials and a mashing all day makes me done.

A lot of people complain about ROB zoning game, just combo him into the air, he has no options but air dodge, and he gets edgeguard hard a lot because his recovery is the rocket that runs out.

Zero Sit Samus that wins by the infinite is the saltiest.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Anyone playing evasively when I'm in an impatient and aggressive move (because that's their fault, obviously). Sonic's are obviously the most frustrating of these.... but then I switch to Mac who's quite fast as well, and all is good.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
:4sonic:Even as a Sonic fan I believe Sonic has no business being a top-tier character, considering how SEGA has been doing lately.
:4zss:She has no emotions or personality. I dislike badly written characters doing well. Her gameplay also looks incredibly dull.
:4link::4tlink::4samus:One gorillion projectiles.
:4lucario:2nd least favorite Pokémon.
And anyone who relies on Counters to get kills.

UnBolievable

Smash Cadet
NNID
Junaid
3DS FC
1306-6436-8106
Sonic: Its literally the same combos over and over.
Duck Hunt Dog: Runs and projectiles over and over.

I just really hate those 2 characters.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
:4littlemac: that jumps, it really makes me feel a noob for losing to it.
:4darkpit: Love hate, Hate for the victory quotes, love for the music that plays with it.
:4peach: LALALALAYEAHYOUWONNOTSWEET

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Little Mac. So many of his moves are incredibly safe, even on a hard read. And that's before accounting for super armor! If you pick Mac online, I will leave after that game if I don't SD immediately.

TheMainVaporeon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Drawinglizard5
3DS FC
2449-6002-4096
Sonic, Peach, Wario, and anyone who is using one of my mains with the same alternate costume I use with it. Sonic is just really annoying to play with. Peach's victory animations make me want throw my controller sometimes, and Wario, the same reason.

srn347

Smash Apprentice
Donkey kong. With all due respect to DK players, losing to him feels like losing to sandbag.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
All of this Ness hate man :/

Seriously PK fire spam is super predictable and easy to punish if you know how to space correctly. Btw I hate losing to Lucina because a) she doesn't deserve to be in Smash and b) She is a Marth for noobs.

D

Deleted member

I hate losing to anyone that spams rolls and or projectiles on For Glory, mainly :4tlink::4samus::4mewtwo::4link::4littlemac:

Jaimy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaimy_18
3DS FC
5086-3025-4977
Hate losing to:

- :4bowser:: Those D-Air's and Down B's get on my nerves when I can't dodge and punish them online.

- :4falcon:: Dash grabs and U-airs get me every time.

- :4gaw:: That feeling when you get KO'd by a ''9''. It stings.

- :4jigglypuff:: Always so close to KO'ing her and then Rest says nope!

- :4littlemac:: Hate when I get killed by the KO punch or one of his smash attacks.

- :4ness:: B-throw. Enough said.

- :4wiifit:: Just don't like her as a character and I hate it when I lose to her.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Let's see.
:4littlemac: - Makes me feel stupid for not capitalizing on his weaknesses/making mistakes.
:rosalina: - Luma. Enough said.
:4megaman: - Jab/Nair/F-tilt. Enough said.
:4wario:- Do I even need to explain this.

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
:4zss:-all these do the exact same thing and you know you can beat them but Down B plus tilts are too good and if you aren't playing a fast enough character they'll give you a hard time and they ALWAYS TAUNT. ALWAYS.
:4duckhunt:- i know he has terrible up close options but dang i hate him so much. I wanted to main him for a while until i found out he is terribad up close and must rely on camping for damage. Hate losing to him cause it's either time out can SD or they kill you once and you can't get in for 1 stock off of them.
:4sonic:-STOP SPIN DASHING
:4dedede:I've fought a few really good ones but some are just gordo spammers and i main kirby...who is terribly out spaced and out prioritized by D3 so this match up makes me soooo salty, especially if they do D3's lay down after a kill. Makes me salty lol.
:4falcon:Only ones with those attitudes. You know the ones. I like all the others though Cap is a good character.

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
Gannondorf, Charizard, Ike and maybe Wii Fit Trainer (if I run into one, which is rare). I just feel since these are lower tier characters and I use characters that are better than them in everything, I have no reason to lose.

Good Little Mac players. Especially since they seem to know exactly how to stop you and where to go, like forcing you off stage. They don't give you a chance to plan attacks or grab it seems. And they act smug about it.

Sonic's that spam the same attack pattern over and over, especially when I figure it out, yet still lose.

Peach players who do almost nothing else but float and somehow time their attacks at just the right time and pressure well.

Very aggressive players who seem to read everything I do, especially if they are using Captain Falcon, Fox, Yoshi, and Diddy Kong. Do they constantly have to be in my face and trying to create combos? Especially if I am using a character that should be dangerous to fight very close up?

Any projectile spammer who does nothing but that. Like some Mario and Pikachu players.

Rosalina since I main her. I feel insulted especially when I have a difficult time getting in because of their use of Luma, Gravitational Pull or play style, yet some other players can seem to stop my Luma easily and get in to damage me. I just feel I should know how to stop them by now since I know I've given plenty of players a hard time with my Rosalina.

ROB since I also main him. I do try playing in the same style as they do, alternating between lasers and gyros, but feel since I main him, I should know better how to deal with that, since sometimes other players manage to put up a good fight when I use ROB and win.

I guess losing to my other mains would count too since I feel I should know the weaknesses or when they are open and take advantage of them.

Top Bottom