• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
34.875 is correct. His most up-to-date ranking is on the bottom, I'll be updating the full rankings sometime tomorrow.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I wonder how long it will take for Link and Yoshi get on the board. Not many people play yoshi period and anybody who uses link probably use toon link for tournaments

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how long it will take for Link and Yoshi get on the board. Not many people play yoshi period and anybody who uses link probably use toon link for tournaments
Until tournaments come here in Europe. Izaw.... =O

Swordplay

Smash Lord
is Izaw a europe player???? i didn't know that...I know he is a really good Link player....

Now we just need a good yoshi player and we can see where all the character will land in Anko's list

Still I bet Izaw will use his Fox or Marth in tourneys more......for some reason most link player (I am one of them) use Fox and Marth as secondaries and I am not sure why.....maybe cause they compliment link?

TheBatosai

Smash Rookie
Good Data list btw......but it would be smarter to leave it at the points and not categorize into a tier-like list....because its tier lists that make characters like Yoshi/Link underplayed because people look at them and go WAIT my Main (yoshi) doesnt do well in tournaments so im going to switch to a high tiered player like Snake and go look on youtube and see what the best strategys are for the character and just copy that......I realize that its part of the game but it also is what kills the game, whenever you go to a tournament and see 50 falcos/Metaknights and maybe one or two underplayed characters.......so yeah just keep with the data....dont categorize

TIERS ARE 4 QUEERS

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Good Data list btw......but it would be smarter to leave it at the points and not categorize into a tier-like list....because its tier lists that make characters like Yoshi/Link underplayed because people look at them and go WAIT my Main (yoshi) doesnt do well in tournaments so im going to switch to a high tiered player like Snake and go look on youtube and see what the best strategys are for the character and just copy that......I realize that its part of the game but it also is what kills the game, whenever you go to a tournament and see 50 falcos/Metaknights and maybe one or two underplayed characters.......so yeah just keep with the data....dont categorize

TIERS ARE 4 QUEERS
So you'd prefer a difficult-to-read wall-o-text?

tires don exits, lol.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
yep, just the order which you choose, depends on if you win/lose the previous match.
Just to expand a bit.
The first match, both players pick their characters (you can call a double blind pick if you feel it's needed). They both ban one stage and then play on a random neutral stage.

The loser of this match is allowed to pick the next stage from a list of counterpick stages, in addition to the neutrals (except the stages that the players banned of course). Then the winner gets to pick their character in response to the stage picked. Then the loser picks their character in response to the winner's character pick.

This process repeats as many times as neccessary for the set, which is best two out of three for the majority of the matches. For finals and semifinals, the players play sets that are best 3 out of 5.

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
this seems fairly accurate imo.
and... people really go through a lot of trouble figuring stuff like this out. Is it really worth it.
all you do is start TR4Q arguments, and make people complain about others using Top Tier characters, and so on...

kkkoala

Smash Cadet
imo u should make a teir list that shows ranking to participation ratios...

would rly put a shine on some chars that r bottom tier on ur list that really arent bad chars imo

i mean the chart u has now, not saying its bads, just shows popularity, which, although has alot to do with a chars goodness, isnt completely dependant ona chars goodness, there's other factors like how cool a char is, like for instance, ddd is great but he doesnt deserve #3, but gets it cuz every1 wants 2 play him cuz hes like the coolest thing since sliced bread

well rly this is just me having a :( about tl going to bottom tier but

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Entrants-22
Entry fee-$15
Birmingham, AL
Top 8
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173910

Singles:
1st. Will [Donkey Kong & Meta Knight] ($241.50)
2nd. Pr0t0 [Mr. Game & Watch & Wolf] ($69)
3rd. George [Kirby & Donkey Kong] ($34.50)
4th. DanGR [Olimar, Lucario, & Ike]
5th. Phantom [King Dedede & Meta Knight]
5th. Duchock [Ness]
7th. Dais [Samus]
7th. Solid [Kirby]

I used Ike once and lost that match. I used lucario once and won. The rest were Olimar... So I'm not sure how you'll calculate that...

Edit:
-Proto's GaW was used much more than his wolf
-Phantom's MK was used much more than his DDD

Browny

Smash Hater
Wait a second... theres no snake in that top 8. madness

btw the4th thing in your sig about snake, is actually true for everyone that does it. high school physics will tell you that :)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Ankoku, I finally figured out the image on the right side of your sig. I approve.

Also, if there isn't already, there needs to be an animation of the five doing the whole dance.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
It seems that the list has been updated but it doesn't seem like your source sheet has been updated yet. I was wondering how often you update that?

Also I hope you don't mind me reviewing your source and making sure you have the numbers right.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ankoku, I finally figured out the image on the right side of your sig. I approve.

Also, if there isn't already, there needs to be an animation of the five doing the whole dance.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VvrTGuB9te8

It seems that the list has been updated but it doesn't seem like your source sheet has been updated yet. I was wondering how often you update that?

Also I hope you don't mind me reviewing your source and making sure you have the numbers right.
I uploaded the newest sheet just now. * means I didn't count it because it lacks sufficient data.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I wish in addition to the large list being updated, we could see the the actual results of the tournies that were making a difference this week WITHOUT the prior ones- a more punctual list.

I can understand if that can't happen, but with such a quick-changing metagame, I feel like such a broad range of "Summer 2008" is really skewed since some crazy stuff has happened since May.

Edit: Although, I could always be terribly mistaken.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just look at the tournament dates, since I have them on my reference sheet.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
My Yoshi btw just took 7th at the NYC weekly on the 27th. SO how does he get removed from the U group lol. Ask BUM!

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Congrats....post the tournament data and im sure Ankoku will update it.

Link comes in last place...to get out of the U group i suppose.

As a link fan I am sad....but I suppose I shouldn't have chose to main him just for the reason that he has kick *** color outfits.

By the way Anko. Do you plan on starting a new list when tournaments go to Europe or just add on to this one...

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'm so glad Toadstool is back at 20, and Dedede at 3 ^^

asob4

Smash Champion
i only have a few right now and no link as of yet (AiB anyway)

Team Nexus Super Smash Royale IV
June 28th, 2008
entrance fee: $10
Pacific West
129 entrants? not sure will find out soon

1. Aero - King DeDeDe
2. DSF - Snake/DeDeDe
3. Futile - Wario
4. Lucien - Fox
5. Teba - King DeDeDe

as soon as i find out who got the rest i'll fill you in and edit the post

EDIT: lucien got 4th, not teba. whenever they get posted i'll have full results

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
The sonic result thread is updated, you should take a look Ankoku.

Also, PS, I just saw your GRAZE Introduction to your video that shows things you can do in brawl thats no really a combo but people kinda call it that anyway because they really dont know what it means because they only game they play is smash and not anything else so good job on that GRAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But anyway, woo

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
hm, that's missing quite a few characters... nobody knows who they played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom