• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Placing in a 16-entrant tourney with Yoshi? Make is 32 or 64 and I'd be far more impressed. Doesn't really help that I've never heard of any of those names... Nonetheless, grats on getting third.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Placing in a 16-entrant tourney with Yoshi? Make is 32 or 64 and I'd be far more impressed. Doesn't really help that I've never heard of any of those names... Nonetheless, grats on getting third.
I've placed high in other 60 man tournaments, but they were awhile back so no point in posting them.

I'm sure other Yoshi's place in other tournaments, but they are just too lazy to announce the results or they don't know about this thread lol.

In any case, thank you for the congrats :).

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Hey Ankoku, do you check to see how many times someone used their secondary before giving them boosting points for it? I find it rather uneven that someone will go Wario and use pokemon trainer for like two matches and give him equal boostment. I somehow doubt the guy who got first was "wario slash pokemon trainer",. I could be wrong but I'm wondering if you check on this, I believe that issue came up with Captian Falcon as well before.
It's almost like you're offended because someone used Pokemon Trainer (in part) to win a **** tournament.

If you even bothered to read Reflex's post, he used Pokemon Trainer in his Winner's Finals and Wario in his grand finals. I'm sure he used the both of them to win his matches. Why is that so hard to believe? It's pretty lame to assume that he only used PT for 2 matches. At least Xivi was able to back himself up. Your accusation is just plain stupid.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
That's not exactly an accusation, it doesn't state a 'sure answer'. He's just wondering. And IMO it doesn't matter THAT much if someone didn't use 2 chars exactly equal. I think if one char was used at least 25% or 33% or so then that's fine. They wouldn't really use a character they don't know how to use and lose on purpose (well OK i guess there may be at least a few people out there). May be another rule concerning secondaries would help, may be like if you used a secondary 10% of the time but you still won X% with that char then that's fine. Or something. Just suggesting :)

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
pokemon trainer wud b 1 char here coz its a tourney results compilation :) u cant just enter as squirtle kinda thing..

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Entrants-22
Birmingham, AL
entry fee- 15$

Singles: Bracket Top 8
1: 205 [Diddy Kong] ($231.00)
2: Elevate [King Dedede and Mr. Game & Watch] ($66.00)
3: Pr0t0 [Mr. Game & Watch] ($33.00)
4: George [Kirby and Donkey Kong]
5: Baky [Snake]
5: DanGR [Olimar, DK, and Lucario] I didn't win any matches as Lucario. I used Olimar more than DK.
7: Phantom [King Dedede and Mr. Game & Watch]
7: theONEjanitor [R.O.B., Diddy, and Sheik/Zelda, not one or the other. both in a single match often times]

Other placings
9: MookieRah [R.O.B.]
9: Clint Beastwood [Mr. Game & Watch]
9: popsofctown [Zelda/Sheik]
9: Chaz
13: Duchock [Ness]
13: Geist
13: 3GOD [Wario]
13: Thes
17: Patrick Falcon [Captain Falcon!!! he was like 8 years old. O_o]
17: Z!DTM
17: Intact
17: Cubic [Link]
17: London
17: Excudo

Links: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183615
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179632&page=2

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
sorry, DanGR beat me to the tourney i was about to post by 5 mins. :(
but to add to your post, i definitely saw theONEjanitor use diddy multiple times in his match against pr0t0 so that needs to be added.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
N.Y weeklies july 18 2008

1. Bum- $40.00 (Donkey Kong)
1. NinjaLink- $40.00 (Diddy/Meta/Pit)
1. D1 $40.00( Falco/Snake)
4. Jman- (Meta)
5 Leo- (Meta/ DDD)
5. dire (G&W)
7. Dark.Pch (Peach)
7. vanz (Diddy/DDD/Peach)

44 people entered this tournament.

Veggi

Smash Champion
N.Y weeklies july 18 2008

1. bum (bum did not care so he gave it up, he took maybe 10 or 20 bucks out the pot. But he might have gotten 40 as well. I'll find out) Donkey Kong
1. NinjaLink- $40.00 (Diddy/meta/pit)
1. D1 $40.00( Falco/Snake)
4. jman (meta)
5 .leo (Meta/ DDD)
5. dire (G&W)
7. Dark.Pch (Peach)
7. vanz (Diddy)

You know how N.Y is with organizing stuff but the estimate of people that entered was about 40-45 people
I'm not really sure if I understand, Bum just gave up the money he won?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm not really sure if I understand, Bum just gave up the money he won?
No it was that some drama happened before the finals and he was not really in the mood to play, but I got word that Him, NL and D1 just split it three ways for first. so they all got $40 I edit my post.

Snakeee

Smash Master
No it was that some drama happened before the finals and he was not really in the mood to play, but I got word that Him, NL and D1 just split it three ways for first. so they all got $40 I edit my post.
Good stuff Dark on that, I didn't realize you placed so high there.

EDIT: Oh yeahhh, I definitely contributed to ZSS getting B rank :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Good stuff Dark on that, I didn't realize you placed so high there.

EDIT: Oh yeahhh, I definitely contributed to ZSS getting B rank :)
Thanks. I did not think I would do that well. But I had so much support that night, so it gave me a boost. So many people were so shocked. I even took leo to the third match. I could have won it but I SD so that sucked. But I'm glad I did that good. This was the furthest I ever placed at any tournament. So many were saying they did not know Peach was good like Jayoyeah and hax came out of random with it. Even Bum too.

And nice helping ZSS on B-rank

Thiocyanide- Ah ok thanks for that info, I'll update my post now. Thats was the last bit of info I needed.

Niko_K

Smash Master
SBaN#7 just past. I was 8th on the PR at the time.. It included everyone from the Southern Ontario PR. I placed 2nd with Peach.

Eliminating:

Delorted (Snake) (7th on PR)
Bug(GaW)
Brose(GaW MK) (3rd on PR)
JL(Wario Snake) (1st on PR)
Minus (MK) (4th on PR)

Singles:
1: KingAce (MK/Snake)
2: NikoK (Peach)
3: Minus(Falco/MK)
4: JL(Wario/Snake/MK)
5: Wolfblade(Lucario/Pikachu)