• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Just to wonder...

What do you guys put as a "Top 5 Nintendo Series to get a 1st character in Smash" as theoretical DLC?

Just to give the example...

1. Golden Sun - For being the RPG series that out shined Mario & Luigi on the GBA, it's a shame that they haven't gone onto a 4th game yet and Isaac has more than enough potential as a figter.

2. Rhythm Heaven - The more creative and unique microgame fest made by the Warioware team, the zaniness of it has :4gaw: potential of slapping parts of the collection into a moveset and well.. the factor of the Rhythm pillar for the series could definitely spark up the roster with someone unique.

3. Splatoon - The most hyped game release that isn't a Smash game that I believe Nintendo has seen in a WHILE. An innovative and fresh IP that has that Smash charm in its design... yeah. I'm biased for it.

4. Advance Wars - With :snake: gone to embody that "War" moveset, Fire Emblem's sister series fills that kind of niche in a fighter and was one of the more major GBA into DS series like Golden Sun to earn some good merit.

5. Final Fantasy I MEAN Chibi-Robo - A fairly small series for Nintendo, but if there's some kind of "joke character" niche, I think the small robot whose entire purpose is to clean being used in a combative enviroment just can't help but make me giggle a bit.
1. Splatoon. Because it's going to be awesome, and a huge success.

2. Advance Wars. One of the biggest and longest running Nintendo game series not yet represented, and could perfectly fill the military gear/explosion archetype left by Solid Snake. As such, I choose Sami as the first representative of the series.

3. Rhythm Heaven. Any of the dozens of potential characters from this series could be unique...either a single character representing their one game or a composite character like Marshall. Although I side with the former, as I think Karate Joe is the best choice for a Rhythm Heaven character.

4. Golden Sun. Because Isaac.

5. Chibi-Robo. I agree, the idea of a miniature cleaning robot beating the **** out of other Nintendo characters amuses me greatly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sakurai is against me, first making my character I wanted the most, Palutena, a dissapointment... and now Ridley shenanigans... :sadeyes:
Ooooooh no. You can't say Sakurai is against you because Paletuna's moveset is disappointing. I get to say he's against me as every character I want didn't make it in, Wolf getting cut also left a bitter taste

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sakurai is against me, first making my character I wanted the most, Palutena, a dissapointment... and now Ridley shenanigans... :sadeyes:
Ooooooh no. You can't say Sakurai is against you because Paletuna's moveset is disappointing. I get to say he's against me as every character I want didn't make it in, Wolf getting cut also left a bitter taste
Guys, stop whining. Sakurai isn't against anybody.
That being said, he is obviously against me. Where's GHIRAHIM?

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
No 2big. Take Anthony Higgs instead, with appriciation.

Even with the stuff Sakurai's said about Ridley, Ridley's still the most likely Metroid DLC character at this time. Anthony's a one off character from the least popular Metroid game made.

Or basically, we aren't getting a Metroid character as DLC...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Says the guy with a stupidly long charge rate to the about 4m dragon that's known to eat humans for ****s and giggles
What's not stylish about carrying a huge ass canon like it's a pistol? Better yet, being able to do backflips with them. You cannot disrespect a black man who's not affraid of purple steroid infused dragons who puts paralysing fear in a more experienced bounty hunter with better equipment. :4samus: :smirk:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What's not stylish about carrying a huge *** canon like it's a pistol? Better yet, being able to do backflips with them. You cannot disrespect a black man who's not affraid of purple steroid infused dragons who puts paralysing fear in a more experienced bounty hunter with better equipment. :4samus: :smirk:
I'm disrespecting him because that plasma gun takes 10 hours to charge and Anthony missed

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
All this talk about Metroid characters reminds me of the Ridley thread during the speculation days.

Burruni

Smash Hero
If we were to ever get a Final Fantasy character, I think Bahamut would make a great AT. Spews stupidly strong flames that can be reflected
To be fair. I want a Cactaur AT more than anything else for FF.

He's been in a Mario game. Good enough justification for THOUSAND NEEDLES

Edit: And it oddly made my day Rhythm Heaven still holds some love here.

Last edited:

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
I always wanted Mach Rider as a character.

I'd imagine he'll play like a combination of Ghost Rider from MvC3 and Lobo in Injustice.
Using his chain as whip, tether recovery and grap, movement and size similar to :4falcon:&:4samus:, Mad Max styled character and could probably take some moves from:snake: like his down-b and his tilts
Same here man I love his theme and including him would be awesome. Wasn't he planned at some point and that's why he had a trophy model in Melee?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

2. Advance Wars. One of the biggest and longest running Nintendo game series not yet represented, and could perfectly fill the military gear/explosion archetype left by Solid Snake. As such, I choose Sami as the first representative of the series.

3. Rhythm Heaven. Any of the dozens of potential characters from this series could be unique...either a single character representing their one game or a composite character like Marshall. Although I side with the former, as I think Karate Joe is the best choice for a Rhythm Heaven character.

4. Golden Sun. Because Isaac.

5. Chibi-Robo. I agree, the idea of a miniature cleaning robot beating the **** out of other Nintendo characters amuses me greatly.
EDIT: I knew I forgot a series. I have to redo this list.

2. Excitebike. I love the idea of an Excitebiker as a fast, always-moving momentum based fighter that fights using motorbike stunts (like a combination of Sonic and WFT, basically) and Excitebike is one of the Nintendo's more prominent retro series. Even got a revival similar to Punch-Out as a WiiWare game, I think.

3. Advance Wars. One of the biggest and longest running Nintendo game series not yet represented, and could perfectly fill the military gear/explosion archetype left by Solid Snake. As such, I choose Sami as the first representative of the series.

4. Rhythm Heaven. Any of the dozens of potential characters from this series could be unique...either a single character representing their one game or a composite character like Marshall. Although I side with the former, as I think Karate Joe is the best choice for a Rhythm Heaven character.

5. Golden Sun. Because Isaac.

So, in short, Inklings, Excite Biker, Sami, Karate Joe, and Isaac would make me very happy.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1. Golden Sun
2. Elite Beat Agents
3. Rhythm Heaven
4. Mach Rider
5. Splatoon or something

Elite Beat Agents is there out of pure bias.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
1. Golden Sun
2. Elite Beat Agents
3. Rhythm Heaven
4. Mach Rider
5. Splatoon or something
Elite Beat Agents is there out of pure bias.
Well...I was going to point out that Mach Rider and Elite Beat Agents aren't series, but Splatoon isn't even OUT yet, so yeah, um, nevermind...

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just to wonder...

What do you guys put as a "Top 5 Nintendo Series to get a 1st character in Smash" as theoretical DLC?

Just to give the example...

1. Golden Sun - For being the RPG series that out shined Mario & Luigi on the GBA, it's a shame that they haven't gone onto a 4th game yet and Isaac has more than enough potential as a figter.

2. Rhythm Heaven - The more creative and unique microgame fest made by the Warioware team, the zaniness of it has :4gaw: potential of slapping parts of the collection into a moveset and well.. the factor of the Rhythm pillar for the series could definitely spark up the roster with someone unique.

3. Splatoon - The most hyped game release that isn't a Smash game that I believe Nintendo has seen in a WHILE. An innovative and fresh IP that has that Smash charm in its design... yeah. I'm biased for it.

4. Advance Wars - With :snake: gone to embody that "War" moveset, Fire Emblem's sister series fills that kind of niche in a fighter and was one of the more major GBA into DS series like Golden Sun to earn some good merit.

5. Final Fantasy I MEAN Chibi-Robo - A fairly small series for Nintendo, but if there's some kind of "joke character" niche, I think the small robot whose entire purpose is to clean being used in a combative enviroment just can't help but make me giggle a bit.
1. Golden Sun
2. Advance Wars
3. Rhythm Heaven
4. Chibi Robo
5. Fossil Fighters

Splatoon looks great, but it's still fairly new and there's a lot of franchises that Nintendo has that I feel fly under the radar and could use more attention.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well...I was going to point out that Mach Rider and Elite Beat Agents aren't series, but Splatoon isn't even OUT yet, so yeah, um, nevermind...
I personally do not really care about new series outside of Golden Sun. Add Golden Sun, and Smash basically got all my favorite series ever in one game. Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, Pokémon, Yoshi's Island even Mother. I'm actually not all too hard to please. Just give me Impa, King K.Rool, Dixie Kong and Isaac and I'm good.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Golden Sun and Advance Wars are way overdue for a rep in Smash. How both series still don't have a rep in the game I just dunno.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Intelligent Systems themselves cared for Advance Wars, we might've seen a character in long time ago. :rolleyes:

Personally, I liked Days of Ruin a lot. Never could finish it however.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I was personally a big fan of the GBA Advance Wars games. The DS ones not so much.

Does IS try to ignore AW? Or do they just not want someone from that series to be playable in Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom