• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Has anyone on here voted for Isa from Sin & Punishment? I'm trying to determine if people actually want a S&P character playable

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Has anyone on here voted for Isa from Sin & Punishment? I'm trying to determine if people actually want a S&P character playable

I did. I love Treasure games and since Gunstar Heroes not Alien Solider can't be in Smash, might as well get a bad a** like Isa in there.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I did. I love Treasure games and since Gunstar Heroes not Alien Solider can't be in Smash, might as well get a bad a** like Isa in there.
Yeah, he's cool as hell. (Not as cool as his dad though) I would love for Isa to be in because it would throw everybody off but there would also be a lot of recognition that he needs. and we just need S&P rep, especially one that has the cannon sword and a jet pack!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
1. anecdotal again.
What does this mean? EDIT: Never mind.
2.that isnt how tiers work though. tiers are based on top tier players doing top tier things. give someone who spams smash attacks ike and they will win any game of brawl against a noob. give a pro against a pro meta knight vs ike and good luck, hes not getting any sympathy. it isnt ease of use, but maximum power.
Just got back from playing for glory, and I found I'm pretty good at using Ike. (Reads post above.) Now I feel like my accomplishment has been belittled. :(

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
i was just going to make a post about how I want to but will not be making a viewtiful joe thread but i just realized he already has a (locked) thread whoops. maybe i should ask for it to be reopened. . .
You might as well do so since the original thread owner (@Metal Overlord) had been missing for quite some time. Hell, I even wonder whatever happened to him before we had the first Smash Bros. Wii U trailer.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You might as well do so since the original thread owner (@Metal Overlord) had been missing for quite some time. Hell, I even wonder whatever happened to him before we had the first Smash Bros. Wii U trailer.
Ivysaur's thread owner (BoN~) seems to be missing too. Sadness.
That reminds me. I should go check on it.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
You know.... there's something I've been wondering about. In Brawl, three characters were given "tether specials." By this I mean basically some kind of tendril for an Up+B meant to tether grab at a long range. :olimar:,:zerosuitsamus:, and :ivysaur:.

As we are well aware, the two present in Smash 4 have these changed to :4olimar: Winged Pikmin and :4zss:Most-Killer-Up-Special. For those who are big supporters on the return of :ivysaur:, get better tastes in starters :squirtle:master race, would you expect #002 to keep the Vine Whip special or have it be changed? In the latter case, what to?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You know.... there's something I've been wondering about. In Brawl, three characters were given "tether specials." By this I mean basically some kind of tendril for an Up+B meant to tether grab at a long range. :olimar:,:zerosuitsamus:, and :ivysaur:.

As we are well aware, the two present in Smash 4 have these changed to :4olimar: Winged Pikmin and :4zss:Most-Killer-Up-Special. For those who are big supporters on the return of :ivysaur:, get better tastes in starters :squirtle:master race, would you expect #002 to keep the Vine Whip special or have it be changed? In the latter case, what to?
No. Tether grabs still exist, so there is no reason to change Ivysaur's tether recovery. Plus, every veteran so far has been pretty much preserved, even Mewtwo, who had major problems in Melee. Will it be a longer tether? Probably, but it will probably be a tether. (I'm gonna let your side comment about Ivysaur slide.)

futilejoyrider

Smash Cadet
NNID
futilejoyrider
3DS FC
1822-1417-1018
For the character icons in every user's profile card thing when they make a post on Smashboards, wouldn't it make sense for his/her favorite Sm4sh 3DS character to have a red outline and favorite Sm4sh Wii U character to have a blue outline? I guess this might be a good idea for aesthetics as well as to more easily differentiate between the two mains?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
For the character icons in every user's profile card thing when they make a post on Smashboards, wouldn't it make sense for his/her favorite Sm4sh 3DS character to have a red outline and favorite Sm4sh Wii U character to have a blue outline? I guess this might be a good idea for aesthetics as well as to more easily differentiate between the two mains?
Not exactly, Project M has a blue outline as well.

futilejoyrider

Smash Cadet
NNID
futilejoyrider
3DS FC
1822-1417-1018
I'm pretty sure that the Project M outline is purple but anyways, the Wii U character outline could be that light blue shade such as on the cover.

Pakky

Smash Hero
okay am I the only one who really doesn't get the need for more Pokemon? We have six, that's the perfect amount.

Burruni

Smash Hero
No. Tether grabs still exist, so there is no reason to change Ivysaur's tether recovery. Plus, every veteran so far has been pretty much preserved, even Mewtwo, who had major problems in Melee. Will it be a longer tether? Probably, but it will probably be a tether. (I'm gonna let your side comment about Ivysaur slide.)
Oh, I never meant to say that tether grabs didn't exist anymore. They've been in since 64 and bring some real unique options for the Links, Samuses, and Lucas. My point was that two of the three Tether Recoveries/Specials were replaced. That was my grounds for asking if Ivy supporters expected/wanted Vine Whip to stay as the up special and their alternatives.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Petal Dance or Magical Leaf.

Ivysaur levitating thanks to a tornado of petals, that sounds cool.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
okay am I the only one who really doesn't get the need for more Pokemon? We have six, that's the perfect amount.
You are not alone. They are already going over the Zelda characters and. I'm just...really...
Anyway you are absolutely right Six pokemon is already too much and they should focus on other Universes in SSB4 other than pokemon

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
In all seriousness, I got Advance Wars for free off the Wii U eShop a couple weeks ago and I have been binge playing it.
I support Sami for Smash Bros. hard.
I'm also cool with Sami, just want a summoner. At is the best series for it, Andy Sami, Generic Green unit, I don't even curr

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yeah, he's cool as hell. (Not as cool as his dad though) I would love for Isa to be in because it would throw everybody off but there would also be a lot of recognition that he needs. and we just need S&P rep, especially one that has the cannon sword and a jet pack!
True that. Plus we need another Sin & Punishment game as well. Heck have Treasure work on the new Star Fox game instead of Platinum. Unless we bring in the Vanquish team

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm also cool with Sami, just want a summoner. At is the best series for it, Andy Sami, Generic Green unit, I don't even curr
I'm on a replaying Advance Wars marathon right now, yet to be honest, I can't really see any CO as playable material unless it's Colin being just as broken as he is in AW. I'd love for it to get a stage, music or trophies though.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yup, I threw in a vote for Isa since I've always thought it would be cool to see him (or any S&P character for the matter). Can't say I'm expecting one and other content (yeah, would've loved a stage), but these niche series need more love. :(

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I was discussing Konami's current situation last night and I touched on the following points:

- Konami seems to be throwing a hissy-fit following the departure of the man that was pretty much keeping them upright and breathing. Ditching Kojima was basically ripping off the life support, and cancelling Silent Hills is just shooting themselves in the foot moreso than they already have. Yeah, there'll still be MGS, but only time will tell if they match up to the standard that Kojima's set in place.

- If Kojima left of his own initiative, I can't say I blame him: to his mind, he's probably getting off of the sinking ship before it goes down into the icy depths. The way I see it, he's gonna do one of two things here: start his own development studio (which would be amazing) or move on from video games and try his hand at film directing as he claims is his true passion (which could go either way, really). Either way, the public benefits.

- If Konami is really strapped for cash and have to sell off their IPs, I sincerely hope they aren't acquired by Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft. Konami have a rich cache of IPs that they've been sitting on for the longest time, and as great as it would be to see Bomberman as a Nintendo exclusive, I think remaining multiplat is the best way to go. Sony acquiring the MGS license would be unfortunate for fans of Snake in Smash, and while MGS has always been associated with the Playstation to a degree, there's a lot of potential for it to succeed on other consoles. It really depends on who's willing to buy the properties and to what end (presuming they have to be sold off in the first place).

- inb4 Kojima buys MGS anyway and has full rights to do whatever the hell he pleases with it in future.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
- inb4 Kojima buys MGS anyway and has full rights to do whatever the hell he pleases with it in future.
If that happens, Snake's chances in Smash become, like, almost 100% with Sakurai and Kojima being friends and all. lol

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Not alot of SEGA characters have notable potential, except Bayonetta. :p
Ehhh, I don't want to be that guy, but a lot of Sonic characters have potential. Especially from Sonic Battle and Sonic The Fighters.
You know, if we were to get a second Sonic character...Metal Sonic would be my choice
I've been saying that for a while now! :p
But yes, he'd be my number one pick for another Sega character.

However, I would like to say that while I don't really like Eggman/Robotnik, I think he has the potential to be a cool character. They could base him off this:
This was discussed a long time ago but if he were to appear like this, I'd support.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, but with the amount of combos Bayonetta can pull off, plus the punishing moves, and the torture attacks; they don't provide a staggering amount of moves to take from as Bayonetta does.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Yeah, but with the amount of combos Bayonetta can pull off, plus the punishing moves, and the torture attacks; they don't provide a staggering amount of moves to take from as Bayonetta does.
You said, "notable potential" in your post. Some Sonic characters do possess notable potential through the various games they've appeared in. I'm not saying they have more than Bayonetta, just that they too have plenty material to work with.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The ESRB is probably not Sakurai's main concern at all. As long as blood doesn't gush out (Which I highly doubt), I think most of those attacks are fine for the most part, we had plenty of "worse" attacks before in Smash. (Snake's pummel and throws for example.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom