• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ya'll are dumb.

Cofagrigus is easily the best.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
A bit off topic....but is there any reason I keep seeing squids from Splatoon climbing up on the sides of Smashboard pages? Am I the only one who's seeing this?

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't know why there's this Splatoon Squid invasion either. But don't worry, you're not the only one seeing things. :colorful:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Even with this, the info already found in the game, and the fact that it makes logical sense, people will STILL doubt we'll be getting plenty of DLC :p
Well, "plenty" is a subjective term. And I'm sure you are just thinking about characters, whereas content can actually mean anything. So basically sakurai is saying he will do his best for us without hurting himself, so he does not want to feel like doing this is a chore or hard work. Since he wants to feel refreshed when it is all said and done. So you can go ahead and take it to mean we are getting 10 or 15 characters, but that is not what he is promising.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Abra is awesome, capturing one was always a horrible task though untill you're getting Great or Ultra Balls. And he always needs a TM, day care, or some EXP Share before he can get used. But once he's fully evolved the reward is great. Alakazam always has been a sort "Mewtwo lite" for me. However, trading to evolve him could be a hassle sometimes. Same deal with Machamp, as Machamp is also awesome as ****. :068:
Damn Diddy, you got some great Pokemon taste right there.

:063::066:
:064::067:
:065::068:
Best duo of brains and brawn.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Obligatory Inklings for Sm4sh plug.

But seriously, when you're mildly sleep deprived as finals approach, these little things scare the living hell out of you as you think you've officially lost your sanity/senses.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So, for those of you that might like an actual translation of the Famitsu article rather than cherry picked click bait quotes, @Aeris has it completed.

Enjoy!

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/23/sakurai-on-dlc-its-all-about-making-players-happy/
With the emphasis that Sakurai places on the time of when these fighters are being developed and the work being put for each one, is it just me or does this seem to give more credence to the theory that there would be some kind of deal in the works for Ryu to be included?

Ludjinnado

Smash Cadet
Ludicolo should definitely be the next Pokémon rep, although I admit Cofagrigus, Poliwag and Heracross would all be amazing as well. Maybe we should have them all, and have 10 Pokémon characters (just joking, other series deserve representation more)!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I always liked Feraligatr and Scizor next. However, Hydreigon would be amazing too.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Cofagrigus is my favourite Pokemon of all time.

I wish he could have appeared as a Pokeball Pokemon, maybe we'll get some Pokeball Pokemon added as dlc?
Would be neat.

I'd imagine Cofagrigus working much like Gulpin did. Except in a darker way.....

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Lets talk Assist Trophies again. Who should become ATs? I feel like Rambi (DKC), Henry(FE), Garet (Golden Sun), Kamui (FE) and Cross (Xenoblade) should be ATs. Rambi because Animal buddy, Henry for dark magic, Garet because he's a side character, Kamui because dragon and Cross fights with a machinegun

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
Well I always want the grunt from Battalion wars to be a new character but I'd settle for an assist trophy. All I want is for that series to get some recognition. Plus perhaps he could go from an assist to an actual fighter. Also emperor bulblax and captain rainbow would be nice assist trophies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Lets talk Assist Trophies again. Who should become ATs? I feel like Rambi (DKC), Henry(FE), Garet (Golden Sun), Kamui (FE) and Cross (Xenoblade) should be ATs. Rambi because Animal buddy, Henry for dark magic, Garet because he's a side character, Kamui because dragon and Cross fights with a machinegun
Rambi by far makes the most sense for a DKC assist unless we want to go a bit more out there and have Cranky bounce around on his cane and toss death dentures at people.
For Fire Emlbem assists, Tiki is a far better choice for a Manakete and if we were going to have someone other then Lynn, I'd honestly suggest Micaiah to use some variants of light magic (which were excluded as a whole from Awakening).
Golden Sun... I feel like if Isaac becomes playable, it'd be more fair for someone from Dark Dawn (which I have yet to play) to appear. Possibly Matthew as Isaac's successor.
As I kinda doubt XCX is going to get a second fighter because nobody is that innovate from what I've seen of the game, Elma as a face for the game seems better for an assist.
I'd love to see Slippy as a "Joke" assist who kinda just flails about and occasionally drops things like Smart Bombs or Motion Sensor Bombs.
Hades as a Resetti style assist that just takes up a chunk of the screen with dialogue would be amazing.
Eggman/Dr. Robotnik using his flail of death from Green Hill Zone seems like a great choice for a Sonic assist.
Beyond that, I can't really think of much besides pulling out random retros or crafting something for Rhythm Heaven.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Lets talk Assist Trophies again.
Here's some characters that I could think of that I think could work as an Assist Trophy. I didn't name a few because I feel that they should be playable if anything. For example, Dixie Kong COULD work as an Assist Trophy, but I feel that she deserves a playable status. Therefore, I don't mention those characters.

Super Mario Bros.:
  • Petey Piranha
  • King Boo
  • Rawk Hawk

The Legend of Zelda:
  • Zant
  • Demise
  • Fi

Kirby:
  • Galacta Knight
  • Adeleine
  • Kracko

Donkey Kong:
  • Rambi
  • Funky Kong
  • Krusha

Animal Crossing:
  • Resetti & Don

Street Fighter:
  • Ken
  • M. Bison
  • Chun-Li
  • Akuma
  • Juri

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Here's some characters that I could think of that I think could work as an Assist Trophy. I didn't name a few because I feel that they should be playable if anything. For example, Dixie Kong COULD work as an Assist Trophy, but I feel that she deserves a playable status. Therefore, I don't mention those characters.
Galacta Knight
That's what I should have mentioned, characters you want to see as an AT, not that they could work as one
I actually like the idea of Galacta Knight being playable, there's enough to work with to make him unique

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
Besides the ones I already mentioned, prince tricky from starfox could work as an assist.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
That's what I should have mentioned, characters you want to see as an AT, not that they could work as one
I actually like the idea of Galacta Knight being playable, there's enough to work with to make him unique
Yeah the topic could be very subjective. Every character has its supporters, so no hard feelings to those that support any of the characters on my list.

I mean, I like Adeleine and would like for her to be playable, but I see her as more "Assist" material.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Tricky? Wasn't that the dinosaur in Adventures? Not a SF fan other than Wolf
Besides the ones I already mentioned, prince tricky from starfox could work as an assist.
Yeah the topic could be very subjective. Every character has its supporters, so no hard feelings to those that support any of the characters on my list.

I mean, I like Adeleine and would like for her to be playable, but I see her as more "Assist" material.
Eh, Galacta Knight supporters are more rare than only finding Shiny pokemon the entire day in pokemon without the shiny charm or cheats

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think people who are anticipating two characters out of a series with two games are overextending their expectations a bit too far.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
They really need to add a Donkey Kong assist trophy. I don't even care about the series and I'm aghast at it not receiving an Assist Trophy.

Would love to see Fawful as an assist trophy too.

I also think a Pokemon Assist would be interesting, something/someone that isn't a Pokemon. One of the props from PokeStar Studios would be really interesting.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If Cross has a machinegun as his main weapon then what about melee attacks? That's why I did him/her instead of Elma
Every character has a ranged and a melee weapon. We've seen Cross use a sword for melee.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Every character has a ranged and a melee weapon. We've seen Cross use a sword for melee.
Never noticed. I feel dumb now
They really need to add a Donkey Kong assist trophy. I don't even care about the series and I'm aghast at it not receiving an Assist Trophy.

Would love to see Fawful as an assist trophy too.

I also think a Pokemon Assist would be interesting, something/someone that isn't a Pokemon. One of the props from PokeStar Studios would be really interesting.
Props? That's actually a cool idea, those props looked over the top

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Never noticed. I feel dumb now

Props? That's actually a cool idea, those props looked over the top
I'm not sure which movie it's from but I think this guy was from PokeStar Studios:

He'd be pretty cool popping out of an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom