• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt91486

Smash Rookie
All of this discussion of Wizpig makes me think we probably need a Diddy Kong Racing character. If not Wizpig, then maybe TT the clock.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
My most wanted are like... Porky and Kumatora. But that will probably never happen, especially now that Lucas is already DLC. Vivian is another "almost-impossible" favorite of mine. As for 3rd-parties, I still want Tails and Knuckles more than most other characters. Banjo-Kazooie would be a no-brainer, considering it was one of the most iconic N64 games, almost like a companion to SM64. Cooking Mama is like my joke suggestion (but also I would be stoked), since that was one of my favorite DS games heh.

Who is ACTUALLY gonna get in? The winner of the ballot and number 2 are probably gonna be K. Rool and Banjo. So K. Rool is pretty likely. Banjo is also a possibility, I don't think it's as far-fetched as Shantae or Shovel Knight, who have sadly never had Japanese releases. Wolf is obviously in the running. Rayman has a mysterious unexplained presence in the game, so he's also in the running, along with Isaac, who was not included as an AT for mysterious reasons. Lastly, I would honestly be kinda surprised if they didn't try to include Inkling, considering how much they're pushing that IP, and they already have Amiibos.

So those are the six characters I could see getting in.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
My most wanted are like... Porky and Kumatora. But that will probably never happen, especially now that Lucas is already DLC. Vivian is another "almost-impossible" favorite of mine. As for 3rd-parties, I still want Tails and Knuckles more than most other characters. Banjo-Kazooie would be a no-brainer, considering it was one of the most iconic N64 games, almost like a companion to SM64. Cooking Mama is like my joke suggestion (but also I would be stoked), since that was one of my favorite DS games heh.

Who is ACTUALLY gonna get in? The winner of the ballot and number 2 are probably gonna be K. Rool and Banjo. So K. Rool is pretty likely. Banjo is also a possibility, I don't think it's as far-fetched as Shantae or Shovel Knight, who have sadly never had Japanese releases. Wolf is obviously in the running. Rayman has a mysterious unexplained presence in the game, so he's also in the running, along with Isaac, who was not included as an AT for mysterious reasons. Lastly, I would honestly be kinda surprised if they didn't try to include Inkling, considering how much they're pushing that IP, and they already have Amiibos.

So those are the six characters I could see getting in.
hum....would you love if vivian was one if Paper Mario's move?

She could either punch to burn or better, bring foe in the shadow to damage....

I actully told that on Tumblr....they seem to jsut like the idea because for whatever reasons, she's very popular there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What characters do you think are the most likely to get in my top 5 guesses are:

1. Wolf
2. K.Rool
3.Inkling
4.Captain Toad
5.Bandanna Dee
1. Wolf
2. Inkling
3. King K. Rool

These are the only ones I could see myself giving a 50% or more towards of making it as DLC. If Ice Climber and Chorus can be made to work thought; they would be below Wolf and above Inkling in likelihood.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
WHY NOT ZOIDSBERG!

And thanks for the linkage Aldero :) good times in the speculation days. I want Banjo Kazooie and Paper Mario. Then my life as a Smasher would be complete.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ridley is a character that'll get U Tilted by the whole cast till 150% + and yes, am including Ganondorf with this :smirk:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Since everyone else is doing it.

My top 5 Nintendo characters for dlc
1. Isaac
2. Inkling
3. Chibi Robo
4. Sami
5. Pious Augustus

I only really care for Isaac and Inkling now though if I'm completely honest....but there are numerous little guys I'd still love to see get a chance. (like Ray MK II, Mallo or Lip)

My top 5 3rd party characters for dlc
1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. Bayonetta
3. Phoenix Wright/Steel Samurai
4. Bomberman
5. Kat & Dusty (Hey, nobody said this list had to be realistic. :p Besides I'm kind of reaching at this point anyway)

My heart is only with the first two on the list though. Even though Ace Attorney is my favourite game series of all time I can't fully warm to the idea of a playable Phoenix Wright for some reason. I'd love to play as the Steel Samurai though.

I definitely feel like I'm nearing my personal "contentment" place regarding the Smash roster.

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
So speaking of dlc shouldn't mewtwo codes start being released in the next 12-24 hours?

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
And you know what, I don't care how big the donkey balls are he sucks (if he does) this time around. I'm going to make him my 3rd main. Hell, being a Lucas and Ness main the past two games I might actually like him now with his floatiness..
In any case he deserves some attention this time around.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Do you think the codes will be released around the same time worldwide? Will it be released tonight at midnight or later tomorrow?

It's mad to think Mewtwo is being released tomorrow. It kind of snuck up on me.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
WHY NOT ZOIDSBERG!

And thanks for the linkage Aldero :) good times in the speculation days. I want Banjo Kazooie and Paper Mario. Then my life as a Smasher would be complete.
Just to summarize what changed and what didn't.

I still am loving and want Paper Mario, that of course hasn't changed.....will it even?

The thread OP changed a lot mainly with how I explain how he might deserve its place. The old way was too long, not direct and just wasn't good to explain it. The new OP feels a bit more convincing. I changed the way I see him.

The thread with all the ballot going on is a bit more active, but it has toned down recently, probably the same for some other threads too. The current speculation state is THE BEST EVER, serious, if you want to speculate, do it now, it's just awesome.

The big thing, I;m now on Tumblr:

http://aldelaro5.tumblr.com/

I have 129 followers so far :)

So, yeah, a lot changed, but it's jsut like before with support....except it's 3x time better :)

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Do you think the codes will be released around the same time worldwide? Will it be released tonight at midnight or later tomorrow?

I'm not sure when exactly the codes will be sent out, but chances are I'm going to be up all night waiting for it...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Is the tournament mode coming with this update or is that a later update?

I'm not really up to speed with anything that isn't Mewtwo. :b:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Top 5 Nintendo DLC choices:
1: Roy
2: King K. Rool
3: Isaac
4: Krystal
5: Impa

Top 4 Third Party Choices: (Couldn't think of a fifth character)
1: Rayman
2: Snake
3: Shantae
4: Phoenix Wright

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

According to Serebii, Mewtwo codes are already out in Japan.

If they are based on timezones, Europe might get them before NA.

:231:

yani

Smash Lord
Hey it's yani! Hi yani!
*raises glass* Hello there friend! Nice to see a bunch of the old lot still posting here regularly :D. I'm going to try to stick around for the Smash DLC madness!

and of course I always pop in during the Banjo chatter ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yani it has been a long time indeed! Good to see you back, how've you been?

yani

Smash Lord
Pretty good Diddy my man. We should Smash soon shoot me a PM if you're ever up for it as I don't want to clutter this thread :p. Surely you've been keeping up the Impa support?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Part of me is wondering what it would be like if Hoopa made it as a DLC character. Maybe for its Final Smash, it'll transform into Hoopa Unbound.

However, Hoopa was never officially revealed until after Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U were released, so it might not even make the cut in the DLC polls.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pretty good Diddy my man. We should Smash soon shoot me a PM if you're ever up for it as I don't want to clutter this thread :p. Surely you've been keeping up the Impa support?
Pretty good man, thanks. Good to hear you're fine to! Unfortunately I don't even own a Wii U, nor 3DS cause I only play Smash at a friend's place... :( But whenever I have one, I'll be sure to hit you up no worries!

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
You know what's sad is that someone of 4chan actually brought up a valid point about Sakurai's reasoning for not having Ridley as a fighter in this game;
>"character accuracy" is now Sakurai's holy grail for Smash Bros.
>PUTS ****ING ROCKET STILETTOS ON SAMUS ARAN'S FEET

Last edited:
You dislike ZSS? How come you don't dislike Cpt. Falcon... HE'S A PLAGUE!, everyone use him!
It has nothing to do with use.

Its that she is basically made up. Zss is really weak in game and never even had a whip. other than fanservice and a reference to old metroid games i reaaly dont understand her inclusion.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
You know what's sad is that someone of 4chan actually brought up a valid point about Sakurai's reasoning for not having Ridley as a fighter in this game;
We've been over this a bajillion times, but let's not forget worn out brawler Ganondorf, both Mario princesses using their people/kids as meat shields, Luigi as a manic depressive and Wario's only character trait being farting.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

Its that she is basically made up. Zss is really weak in game and never even had a whip. other than fanservice and a reference to old metroid games i reaaly dont understand her inclusion.
I feel like she is only included because Sakurai wanted a second Metroid rep, but didn't think Ridley was reasonably possible.

Maxilian

Smash Ace

Isn't the same for Capt. Falcon? is not like he have ever used any of his moves in any of his games... (i still understand what you mean, but she doesn't really bothers me, i find her character quite interesting, and i prefer her over people like: :4drmario:)

D

Deleted member

Finally some clues about CommanderVideo's trophy :

Interview: Choice Provisions on the Nindie Scene, Future Plans and Why CommanderVideo Should Be in Smash Bros.
Choice Provisions said:
We were the ones to approach Nintendo. We've always loved the idea of CommanderVideo showing up in a Smash Bros. game in some capacity, and thanks to our longstanding relationship with Nintendo, we were able to make it happen!

But yes, the "process" here was really just us emailing Nintendo a lot and being annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom