• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Not sure if I buy a tweet. Based on that alone, Mewtwo seems like one of the last unlockables to get

mark welford

Smash Ace
I do recall that Fox and Falco had different trophy variations in Brawl. That didn't mean that they were cut.

Wolf's situation may be similar in that he might have more than one trophy variation as well. Until the full roster is revealed, I won't count out Wolf just yet.
I like the way you think I am not going to lie when I saw that trophy tears rolled down my cheeks.

Morbi

Scavenger
I do recall that Fox and Falco had different trophy variations in Brawl. That didn't mean that they were cut.

Wolf's situation may be similar in that he might have more than one trophy variation as well. Until the full roster is revealed, I won't count out Wolf just yet.
Indeed. I am not going to assume the worst until the "every character unlocked" message pops up.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Not sure if I buy a tweet. Based on that alone, Mewtwo seems like one of the last unlockables to get

I will love you forever if this happens

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord

The variations always have something in the title specifying them as such. Like "Mario (Paper)" or "Falco (Star Fox Command)".

The Wolf trophy just says "Wolf". He's not playable.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I hope the remainder of the roster aside from the leak is some really good stuff like Ridley, Mewtwo, and K. Rool. There's gotta be something to make up for the cuts. If not, I'm very dissapointed by the unrevealed parts of the roster.

One thing is catching my attention, though. Despite us thinking Third Party trophies are a thing, haven't we still not seen a single one from the streams?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I hope the remainder of the roster aside from the leak is some really good stuff like Ridley, Mewtwo, and K. Rool. There's gotta be something to make up for the cuts. If not, I'm very dissapointed by the unrevealed parts of the roster.

One thing is catching my attention, though. Despite us thinking Third Party trophies are a thing, haven't we still not seen a single one from the streams?
I saw a Mettaur trophy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The variations always have something in the title specifying them as such. Like "Mario (Paper)" or "Falco (Star Fox Command)".

The Wolf trophy just says "Wolf". He's not playable.
I do recall an incident where two trophies had the exact same name. In Super Smash Bros. Melee, there were two trophies named Andross, but the Star Fox 64 trophy wasn't called "Andross (Star Fox 64)".

Pakky

Smash Hero
To all thank you for welcoming me to Smash Boards, I hope to have many matches with you all in the future.

I'm so happy that Mewtwo is back now I'll just wait for Ridely

Last edited:

Dims

Smash Cadet
To all thank you for welcoming me to Smash Boards, I hope to have many matches with you all in the future.

I'm so happy that Mewtwo is back now I'll just wait for Ridely
Don't be happy yet. Nothing is confirmed.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Hey, this fourm's gonna be useless soon, maybe clased and ****,s o it's been real guys, see you all for smash 5 :awesome:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Also, where are all these twicth streams, I need something to do after class today :mad088:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well, all three of my mains are now officially confirmed.

Now all I can hope for is :popo::icsmelee: and a newcomer I can get hope for maining. Our 14/12 reveals have been varying levels of hype-worthy... but not really any I feel I'll be playing for an exteded time. My hopes for those confirmed are :4palutena::4robinm::4robinf: and possibly Junior. Doesn't help that there's been so much focus on specials and smashes in the trailers instead of air game...

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
Well, all three of my mains are now officially confirmed.

Now all I can hope for is :popo::icsmelee: and a newcomer I can get hope for maining. Our 14/12 reveals have been varying levels of hype-worthy... but not really any I feel I'll be playing for an exteded time. My hopes for those confirmed are :4palutena::4robinm::4robinf: and possibly Junior. Doesn't help that there's been so much focus on specials and smashes in the trailers instead of air game...
Wait wat how? I don't look at streams live...

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Can't tell if that was a joke, but you don't get playable character trophies from random stage rewards.
You can get alternate trophies of them. For example, in Brawl you could randomly get Fox and Falco trophies based on their Star Fox Assault designs.

It was a joke, though. I was copying the people who claim that the Wolf trophy we saw doesn't deconfirm him.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Koopalings confirmed. Man, it's like having eight characters in one. I love this. Even their voices change. Final Smash is Shadow Mario.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wait wat how? I don't look at streams live...
Wario's an early unlockable.

Ganondorf got confirmed before I woke up.

Jigglypuff is unlocked... after about 10 or so runs of Classic? 15? 20? I dunno the condition. I know it isn't character specific because it was done with Mario. She's unlocked on N's Castle as the stage.

Last edited:

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else watching Dark Pit in the Gema twitch stream? I'm really struggling to see how he ever justified his own character slot. Maybe I'm missing something but he looks practically identical.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Koopalings confirmed. Man, it's like having eight ch
aracters in one. I love this. Even their voices change. Final Smash is Shadow Mario.
Ohhh can i have source please? :dr^_^:

Anyone else watching Dark Pit in the Gema twitch stream? I'm really struggling to see how he ever justified his own character slot. Maybe I'm missing something but he looks practically identical.
I'm watching it, she he's almost the same, most likely the same as Lucina :drshrug:

Burruni

Smash Hero
A number of his tilts and his F-smash look different. Can't tell much on the aerials.

His Elecroshock is electrical in property and has much more vertical knockback than Upperdash Arm.

His Silver Bow has faster flying arrows that don't bend as easilly, may do more damage.

Haven't seen Up or Down B nor a final smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom