• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I am going with a 49+R Roster.
Would love to have more spots, but I think it is a little unrealistic.

4 Characters in Question: Snake, Lucas, Heaven Character and Shulk.
One needs to sit out, everyone else (save squirtle and Ivy) makes it back.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
I don't think Corocoro will provide the entire roster.

But I do think next month will be the month that the entire roster is leaked online in some form.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
There will be hidden newcomers, willing to bet my left nut on it.
Okay, but if I wager your right nut that there won't be hidden newcomer's against this bet, it still wouldn't turn out so well for you.

Gambling is dangerous kids.

(The more you know)

mark welford

Smash Ace
3DS
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::rosalina::4bowser::4yoshi::warioc::4dk:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4diddy:
:4pit::4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina:Shulk:4falcon:
:4kirby::metaknight::4dedede::4littlemac::4fox::falco::wolf::ness2:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::jigglypuff::4olimar::4villager::popo:
:4wiifit: -CK- :gw::rob::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii:

Wii U
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::warioc::4dk::4diddy::4samus::4zss::4falcon:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::ganondorf::4tlink::4villager::4palutena::4pit::4kirby::metaknight::4dedede::ness2:
:4fox::falco::wolf::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4greninja::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::jigglypuff:
:4olimar::4littlemac::popo::gw::rob: Shulk--CK :4wiifit::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii:

I think Sal's source just had outdated info. Chorus Kids could possibly be switched out for any Rhythm Heaven character.
out of all the roster predictions I find yours the most realistic because it fits the 48/4 leak most people wont agree with but there is no ridley king k. rool Dixie kong or mewtwo coming

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I honestly think Doctor Mario will be back now, and not as a costume. God help us all.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm going to be really upset if any of Brawls "clones" end up not coming back, but Lucina gets added.
At this point it really doesn't make much sense to trim Lucas or anyone else if Sakurai seems okay with derivative characters on the roster. Already seems like he's padding the roster to maximize the character count.

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
If the trophy theory is true then yeah, with the revelation of clones she could easily be a Sheik clone, though I doubt she'll be as much a clone as Lucina appears to be. Definitely more likely than Ghirahim at least.
I don't think it would make much sense to have the SS Impa appears, that's why i don't think Impa is comming, at least not for now, i'm expecting to have her as a DLC character, but as an unique character (the Impa from Hyrule Warriors)

I'm going to be really upset if any of Brawls "clones" end up not coming back, but Lucina gets added.
Same here, even more when you have in mind how different are Wolf, Falco and Lucas from their original and that Lucina is almost the same thing

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd say Lucas is as good as confirmed now.

Can't say I have faith in Impa yet. Especially due to her moves in Hyrule Warriors. I'd prefer to wait for the next game if that is necessary to get that Impa.

sbdipp

Smash Rookie
Posted this in a different thread but it seems to belong here more...

The only villains on the roster currently are Bowser and Dedede, correct? Mario and Kirby are the only two series with multiple notable smash villains. I could see a villain trailer akin to the original E3 trailer for smash where Mario Link Samus Kirby Fox Pit DK and Pikachu are shown. They could rerun that footage and then have the screen shatter or something and go dark. All of a sudden, Wario, Ganondorf, Ridley, Meta Knight, Wolf, Dark Pit, K. Rool, and Mewtwo appear and, joined by Bowser and Dedede (who have only been revealed thus far for the sake of symmetry of one villain per series in the trailer), are shown laying a beatdown to their respective series' protagonist. I realistically cannot think of anything that could possibly hype me more.

(I support all of these characters except Dark Pit, and while I still consider him unlikely, the Lucina reveal yesterday made him seem a bit more plausible)

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
I wonder if Jigglypuff's character artwork will be in a different pose this time around...

Last edited:

sbdipp

Smash Rookie
add Ghirahim and it will be better :drohyou:

O.T: I actually agree with you and expect the same (a villains trailer), IMO that's the last chance for Ridley to appear
For the record I do think Ghirahim is the most likely Zelda newcomer

D

Deleted member

And Sakurai confirms she's a clone.

Which means....

No excuse Sakurai. No excuse.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I still don't get why Game and Watch isn't officially confirmed. Pac-Man's trailer was the best time to do so.
I honestly think Doctor Mario will be back now, and not as a costume. God help us all.
I don't think so since they're still the same person while Marth and Lucina are different people. I don't think they'll waist a spot for him again.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I still don't get why Game and Watch isn't officially confirmed. Pac-Man's trailer was the best time to do so.

I don't think so since they're still the same person while Marth and Lucina are different people. I don't think they'll waist a spot for him again.
Easy,
Only needs a few special tweaks.

No use for Fludd, Give him original "Fiesta Tropical" (Mario Tornado)
Pills.

Pill or Viruses as FS.

Prescriptions are KOs.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Easy,
Only needs a few special tweaks.

No use for Fludd, Give him original "Fiesta Tropical" (Mario Tornado)
Pills.

Pill or Viruses as FS.

Prescriptions are KOs.
Well... he said person not the same moves (Dr. Mario is still Mario, while Lucina and Marth are 2 different character even if they have the same moves -Like how Roy and Marth were in Melee-) and yes... Toon Link and Link are not the same person :drifloon:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Doc? I dunno, maybe that's a bit streching it. Though I wouldn't count him out for DLC, I'd see the other two obvious Melee Tier Requested Vets get in before Doc.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
At this point it really doesn't make much sense to trim Lucas or anyone else if Sakurai seems okay with derivative characters on the roster. Already seems like he's padding the roster to maximize the character count.
I think Lucina benefits from the momentum of her series and the popularity from its entry. I accept that this might be her only Smash appearance. It sucks for fans of other clone characters in Brawl, but Lucina can add more eyes on the game than Lucas can unfortunately.

Besides, Lucas had different A button attacks if I recall. That makes him harder to make.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Posted this in a different thread but it seems to belong here more...

The only villains on the roster currently are Bowser and Dedede, correct? Mario and Kirby are the only two series with multiple notable smash villains. I could see a villain trailer akin to the original E3 trailer for smash where Mario Link Samus Kirby Fox Pit DK and Pikachu are shown. They could rerun that footage and then have the screen shatter or something and go dark. All of a sudden, Wario, Ganondorf, Ridley, Meta Knight, Wolf, Dark Pit, K. Rool, and Mewtwo appear and, joined by Bowser and Dedede (who have only been revealed thus far for the sake of symmetry of one villain per series in the trailer), are shown laying a beatdown to their respective series' protagonist. I realistically cannot think of anything that could possibly hype me more.

(I support all of these characters except Dark Pit, and while I still consider him unlikely, the Lucina reveal yesterday made him seem a bit more plausible)
well meta knight is not a villain but I like your idea minus ridley dark pit king k. rool and mewtwo other than that this a visible reveal trailer I mean there is more females than villains so what you described feels right

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Maybe it has to do with the fact that no gameplay was shown. Charizard, Falcon, Sheik, ZSS and Yoshi all had snippets of gameplay shown when they were added to the website.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
well meta knight is not a villain but I like your idea minus ridley dark pit king k. rool and mewtwo other than that this a visible reveal trailer I mean there is more females than villains so what you described feels right
Mewtwo is not a villain either, also... you took all the New characters from the video (there's no point in that video if there's not even 1 new character)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why? Because an incredibly popular character from an exceeding popular title from Fire Emblem got included as a clone?

Doctor Mario is pure alternative costume material. Not that he will even get that.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Not only do we have 4 FE characters but one is a clone from Marth. I think Roy is basically disconfirmed.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Why? Because an incredibly popular character from an exceeding popular title from Fire Emblem got included as a clone?

Doctor Mario is pure alternative costume material. Not that he will even get that.
It's because there are gameplay differences that would justify him being a Mario clone over a costume, and the wording of today's PoTD makes it seem like other clones might exist. All kidding aside, I wouldn't really have a problem with it.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So, me and my cousin had a thought.

Will Final Smashes be customizable, will we have other options, or no?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I think Dark Pit is the only other Lucina type character they would add, and the only way I can see him being added is if he's revealed through a villains trailer, because if he is in and there IS'NT a villains trailer then why wouldn't they just reveal him in Palutena's trailer?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Nope Sal's source said to enjoy Shulk.

So people quick survey here.

We are reaching the end of the newcomer videos.

Not many newcomers left. So that begs the questions.

1. How many more newcomer trailers do you think we'll have?
2. How many more newcomers do you think we'll get in total?
3. How many more newcomers do you think will be revealed before release? All of them?
-----

4 Newcomers with videos at most, 2 of these 4 will share a video.
-Shulk
-Cranky Kong and Dixie 2-in-1 reveal trailer (like Greninja+Charizard, or Lucina+Robin)
-another unrepresented franchise character.

---

Just the 4 I mentioned just now. There will probably be like 5 completely hidden characters that will be revealed after the game's release in the Brawl Dojo way (you click and confirm to unlock the site content)
-Takamaru
-new Starfox character (because you know... advertising)
-new Pokemon character (betting on a retooled character... Mewtwo perhaps)
-Dark Pit (as much as I hate the idea)
-One more character here which I HOPE doesn't belong to an already existing IP inside SSB, but most likely will be

---

2 more, and 1 the day of the release. The hidden characters will be locked on the site until the Wii U version is released.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think Dark Pit is the only other Lucina type character they would add, and the only way I can see him being added is if he's revealed through a villains trailer, because if he is in and there IS'NT a villains trailer then why wouldn't they just reveal him in Palutena's trailer?
Hidden character?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I've been watching all these reaction videos that people have been making of the newest trailer and almost none of them knew who Robin was, which makes me kind of happy that Chrom didn't make it in because it seems that a large amount of the requests for Chrom come from people who hardly know anything about the game he comes from, let alone the series itself. The new characters better fit what actual fans of the game wanted, which is good.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Because he is an unlockable character, same as Game and Watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom