• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Now, this, I do disagree with. If he were more of a clone than Roy, I honestly wouldn't see why he wasn't just an alternate costume for Marth.

But I also disagree with this, I'm sure Sakurai has a trick or two up his sleeve to make Chrom interesting, given the proper development time.
You said exactly what I was going to say.
Jeez, I was making a joke.
Oh. . . lolz

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I did not realize that you were the one made that joke, I thought it was Capcom. :troll:
Oh my...I did not realize you were capable of such sick burns.

I agree. However, I do not believe that a character needs something to stand out in order to be a good character. I would honestly be content with Chrom... just using his sword... the way it was meant to be used.
He is probably the only Fire Emblem character reasonably possible that I would be completely discontent with.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I agree. However, I do not believe that a character needs something to stand out in order to be a good character. I would honestly be content with Chrom... just using his sword... the way it was meant to be used.
Personally, I wouldn't be very pleased if a new character didn't stand out in some way. I'd rather have the roster of characters be varied with unique characters, so adding in characters that are similar to pre-existing characters seems boring to me. Especially since all the newcomers we've seen so far have been pretty distinct and brought something new to the table.

Morbi

Scavenger
Personally, I wouldn't be very pleased if a new character didn't stand out in some way. I'd rather have the roster of characters be varied with unique characters, so adding in characters that are similar to pre-existing characters seems boring to me. Especially since all the newcomers we've seen so far have been pretty distinct and brought something new to the table.
I would certainly argue otherwise. Mega Man and Rosalina are the only characters that offered something different (in my opinion, of course). I suppose you could argue that Little Mac is distinct, but I find that sentiment to be negligible as he has one of the more generic move-sets and we have had similar attacks in the past (Wario).

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I would certainly argue otherwise. Mega Man and Rosalina are the only characters that offered something different (in my opinion, of course). I suppose you could argue that Little Mac is distinct, but I find that sentiment to be negligible as he has one of the more generic move-sets and we have had similar attacks in the past (Wario).
I think Villager's moveset is rather different. The ability to pick up items that no other character can(Sonic's Spring for instance) is pretty unique in my opinion. While his attacks may seem bland, some like the Bowling Ball(First Smash attack that drops straight down I believe) or his Down-Special are unique and stand out. Also, I believe he has access to the first ride-able projectile.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I would argue that each newcomer we've gotten so far has brought something unique to the roster, and that includes Little Mac. While his move set of basic punches may be generic, and a few of his moves may be similar to things we've seen, his play style as a whole is unique to Little Mac, and he introduces unique mechanics like his power meter. I wouldn't say he's generic.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Here's how I rank the new characters in terms of uniqueness.

1. Rosalina and Luma - Puppet character
2. Mega Man - Pure Spacing character, lots and lots of projectiles, even his standard moves

3. Pac-Man - Standard brawler with summoning elements in his moveset.
4. Villager - pulls household objects out of nowhere to attack, can steal projectiles from other characters
5. Greninja - Very agile and slippery (like a frog) has water-based projectiles and deceptive specials

6. Palutena - Can't say, haven't seen enough of her
7. Little Mac - Ground based fighter who unleashes flurries of punches, has a meter that, when full, allows him to unleash a OHKO uppercut
8 .Wii Fit Trainer - Uses yoga poses as attack, only character with a buff

----

9. Mii Fighter - Generic movesets pulled almost entirely from other characters.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

2. Mega Man - Pure Spacing character, lots and lots of projectiles, even his standard moves

4. Villager - pulls household objects out of nowhere to attack, can steal projectiles from other characters
5. Greninja - Very agile and slippery (like a frog) has water-based projectiles and deceptive specials

7. Little Mac - Ground based fighter who unleashes flurries of punches, has a meter that, when full, allows him to unleash a OHKO uppercut

----
Would swap villager and megaman since IMO the only thing that stands out really for megaman is a projectile side smash. His specials aren't that unique.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Would swap villager and megaman since IMO the only thing that stands out really for megaman is a projectile side smash. His specials aren't that unique.
The only thing that makes Villager stand out is his neutral special. Everything else is just random.
I honestly don't know what what I'm talking about.

Though I think most of us will agree on my placement of Rosaluma, Pac-Man, and Miis.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

1. Rosalina and Luma - Puppeteer character

----
I'd rank them:

1. Rosalina and Luma - A puppeteer character hasn't been seen before.
2. Mega Man - A purely projectile based hasn't been done before.

3. Little Mac - Completely ground-based fighter that cannot fight at all in the air and which has a chargeable OHKO hit. Kind of been done before (closest I can think of is Captain Falcon), but the pure extent by which the gimmick is taken makes it seem like he'll be really interesting.
4. Wii Fit Trainer: Charge-up character that seems to be a good juggler. Will probably play a defensive keepaway game and will focus on keeping charged.
5. Pac-Man - He stands out well to most because of his summoning, but a thorough analysis of his moveset shows that he's pretty standard apart from that.

6. Villager - Moves look cool and are chock-full of references, but he doesn't have as defined a playstyle as the other newcomers. His projectile stealing is interesting, but is kind of a glorified reflector.
7. Greninja - Don't get me wrong; he seems like he plays really well and has a very nicely defined playstyle...but we have a few characters like him already, and all the other characters seem to introduce enough new stuff that they'll have completely different styles of play from any characters we've seen before...Greninja's really standard in comparison.

8. Mii Fighter - Moves mostly taken from other characters. Kind of semi-clones.

???. Palutena - We've seen so little of her that I can't even guess. I'm not even sure what weight class she is yet...

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

----
I would rank them in the exact same order. Albeit I might switch Greninja and Palutena just based on the merit that Palutena has completely unique specials rather than variants.

I would argue that each newcomer we've gotten so far has brought something unique to the roster, and that includes Little Mac. While his move set of basic punches may be generic, and a few of his moves may be similar to things we've seen, his play style as a whole is unique to Little Mac, and he introduces unique mechanics like his power meter. I wouldn't say he's generic.
I suppose the key word is, "something." I agree with that sentiment, I just find that that "something" is not entirely revolutionary or diverse aside from the two characters that I listed. I would assert that every character has their own playstyle unique to that character, it does not; however, mean that those are the most suitable choices. I feel as though more could have been done.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Why do I have this feeling that these are the Chorus Kids that will wind up being playable? Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhhoPxCWZeg

I mean, does it have to absolutely be the three kids with absolutely no distinguishing characteristics or animations in the DS Rhythm Heaven game? Aren't the three kids in the link above essentially the same kids with updated looks? And I already talked about a tag team setup with these three kids (similar to Pokémon Trainer, except all three are out on the field all at once already) that I threw out there.

As for what I consider to be the most unique newcomers, here's the list:

1. Mii Fighters
2. Villager
3. Pac-Man
4. Rosalina & Luma
5. Wii Fit Trainer: People tend to forget that she can heal and buff herself at will, right?
6. Little Mac: Don't forget that his aerials are utterly worthless to counterbalance his amazing physical power grounded
7. Mega Man
8. Palutena
9. Greninja: While my favorite of the newcomers so far, I'll at least admit that he is almost no different from anybody else

Which newcomers I want to try out? All of them. Who do I want to make as a Mii Fighter? Well, I figured the Angry Video Game Nerd and the Nostalgia Critic are musts in my book. But simply put, I'm going to make Neo from The Matrix a Brawler, Darth Vader from Star Wars a Swordfighter, and the titular Tron a Gunner.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Here's my list in terms of uniqueness:

1. Rosalina & Luma
  2. Villager
  3. Megaman
  4. Pac-Man
  5. Little Mac
  6. Palutena
  7. Wii Fit Trainer
  8. Greninja
I don't know where to put the Mii Fighters. I barely knew where to put Palutena and Pac-Man because I haven't seen enough.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Here's my list in terms of uniqueness:

1. Rosalina & Luma
  2. Villager
  3. Megaman
  4. Pac-Man
  5. Little Mac
  6. Palutena
  7. Wii Fit Trainer
  8. Greninja
I don't know where to put the Mii Fighters. I barely knew where to put Palutena and Pac-Man because I haven't seen enough.
Do what everyone else did and put the Mii Fighters at the bottom, for the reasons listed.

Morbi

Scavenger
Do what everyone else did and put the Mii Fighters at the bottom, for the reasons listed.
Not everyone. I suppose Link's Taunt is VERY cool and unique. It is about time someone other than Toon Link was able to borrow his beautiful D-Air. :denzel:

Why do I have this feeling that these are the Chorus Kids that will wind up being playable? Here's the link:

I mean, does it have to absolutely be the three kids with absolutely no distinguishing characteristics or animations in the DS Rhythm Heaven game? Aren't the three kids in the link above essentially the same kids with updated looks? And I already talked about a tag team setup with these three kids (similar to Pokémon Trainer, except all three are out on the field all at once already) that I threw out there.

As for what I consider to be the most unique newcomers, here's the list:

1. Mii Fighters
2. Villager
3. Pac-Man
4. Rosalina & Luma
5. Wii Fit Trainer: People tend to forget that she can heal and buff herself at will, right?
6. Little Mac: Don't forget that his aerials are utterly worthless to counterbalance his amazing physical power grounded
7. Mega Man
8. Palutena
9. Greninja: While my favorite of the newcomers so far, I'll at least admit that he is almost no different from anybody else

Which newcomers I want to try out? All of them. Who do I want to make as a Mii Fighter? Well, I figured the Angry Video Game Nerd and the Nostalgia Critic are musts in my book. But simply put, I'm going to make Neo from The Matrix a Brawler, Darth Vader from Star Wars a Swordfighter, and the titular Tron a Gunner.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
My list...I use "generic" three times.

1. Rosalina - Puppet character
2. Mega Man - Walking side tilt, four non-special projectile attacks
3. Little Mac - KO Meter, strong ground game and weak air game
4. Wii Fit Trainer - Deep breathing
5. Palutena - Customizable specials, staff user
6. Villager - item-based moveset, mostly generic save for his grab mechanic
7. Pac Man - Multiple projectiles in Bonus Fruit, kinda generic save for attack aesthetics
8. Greninja - water-based moves but overall generic figher

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970

I really really really hope that is what he meant by "Chorus Kids". They make so much more sense as characters to represent the rhythm heaven series.

I actually thought that was what the leak referred to, I always thought the "Chorus Kids" everybody talks about were called the "Glee Club", I only heard people call them the Chorus Kids after the leak went out.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I honestly prefer less wacky characters, which explains why Greninja is the only newcomer who's playstyle I'm even slightly interested in.

kylexv

Smash Master

Have you guys seen this?

Kirbopher says that a Nintendo Rep told him about boss appearances in Smash Run. Starts at 23:40.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'll be worried if Chrom is a hidden character. They tend to be cloniest (in brawl - wolf, toon link, ect)

But if he's revealed beforehand, he'll probably be pretty unique.
I'm fairly confident that Chrom will be revealed pre-release for two reasons

1. Arena Ferox has already been shown which hints towards an Awakening character. Every post-E3 2013 newcomer that has been revealed has been hinted at in one way or another.
  2. Marth and Ike's Japanese pages don't link to Awakening, despite their English pages doing so. The reason why I use this as a supporting evidence is that although they could have done it, it is suspicious that their Japanese pages don't link to Awakening. It could very well be that it is being saved up for Chrom, letting him promote Awakening on his Japanese page.
Of course I could be completely wrong in the end, but I believe at this point that Chrom is the single most logical newcomer character to round off the starting newcomer roster. Whilst some people would argue that the idea of 3 FE characters being starters is weird, it's no weirder than Kirby having all 3 of Kirby, Dedede and Meta Knight as starter characters.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
All this talk about Little Mac being generic makes me sad.

I'll give you that he has a basic boxing style though. Dude even switches into a hitman style stance briefly in his idle animation but doesn't throw a single flicker punch; what a tease.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I am not sure why he would not just be an alternate costume either; however, I do not find Marth to be a boring character, so it would be impossible for me to find Chrom boring in that event.
I don't find Marth boring either, but I would find the fact that there are two nigh identical characters next to each other on the select screen boring.

All I'm saying is that if he were that much of a clone (which I don't think is even a possibility at this point) he wouldn't deserve his own spot.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
UNIQUENESS CHART:
:rosalina: - Awesome puppeteer playstyle; Knocked me off my seat seeing how unique she was.
:4megaman: - Projectile heavy fighter; Even smashes and aerials feature projectiles.
:4pacman: - Summoner character; Great at spacing and interesting fruit cycle mechanic.
:4littlemac: - Completely ground based fighter; Requires the player to stay glued to the stage if they want to succeed.
:4villager: - Many unique moves with interesting effects; Pocket, Lloid Rocket, Balloon Fight, and Timber are all very unique specials.
:4greninja: - Quick and slippery ninja fighter; Some moves like Dair really stick out.
:4wiifit: - Very creative character aesthetically (crouch = push ups, ledge grab = pull ups); Attack boost option is unique, too.
:4palutena: - Haven't really seen anything extremely creative from Palutena; Her customization options make her stand out a bit.
:4mii: - Take moves from other fighters; Sort of generic in appearance and function.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Uniqueness rankings? I'll bite:
1. Rosalina: Puppet master, uses Lumas to attack in multiple places simultaneously.
2. Villager: Several very interesting moves, such as Pocket, Lloyd Rocket and Timber. Especially Timber.
3. Pac-Man: Appears to have summoning abilities, and unique and useful moves like dot chain and Fire Hydrant.
3. Mega-Man: Tied with Pac-Man, has several normal attacks that are projectiles, and can use his side tilt while walking. Leaf Shield also an unusual move.
5. Little Mac: Strong ground game on a small frame, liberal amounts of super armor.
6. Greninja: Sorry Greninja fans, Shadow Sneak is his only interesting ability.
7. Wii Fit Trainer: Fairly standard moveset, has a self-buff and that is about it.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
With all these costumes being thrown around. I expect Mario to have quite a few.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To be frank, I'm getting tired of the word "unique", but I think it more so has to do with the misconception of being unique automatically meaning it's good.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
When we talk about gameplay, you need to consider not only the moves the character uses, but the actual playstyle they possess. Who else does this? Does anybody have the same style of play?

Pac-Man for instance. Not many other characters summon anything save for Zelda with the Phantom Knight. No other player has that playstyle. Snake in Brawl. Nobody uses explosives, but nobody else can play a solid trap/zoning game like him. Snake forces the opponent to work around what he has laid out. It's a control playstyle essentially.

That's what the gameplay is about. It is the underlying quality beneath the actual gameplay.

D

Deleted member

I don't find Marth boring either, but I would find the fact that there are two nigh identical characters next to each other on the select screen boring.

All I'm saying is that if he were that much of a clone (which I don't think is even a possibility at this point) he wouldn't deserve his own spot.
but Chrom will be next to Ike, not Marth :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Uniqueness:

1. Pac-Man: Has stand-out individual moves with his individual summons and a new playstyle by being a summoner. Earns this ranking largely by reaching outside of his own skillset to borrow Namco summons.
2. Mega Man: Same as Pac-Man, just to a lesser degree. His individual moves aren't as ground-breaking as Pac-Man's, but the concepts behind them (projectile jabs, one move comprising three inputs, projectile Smashes) surpass his.

3. Rosalina: Has a fascinating central mechanic with Luma, albeit with her moves being otherwise quite basic.
4. Little Mac: Same as Rosalina, albeit with less variation due to not being a magic space being.

5. Palutena: She gets a middling ranking here until more information is known. If she's a focused beam fighter with interesting moves, she could go as high as three, while if she's just all flash and no substance, she drops to seven or eight.
6. Greninja: An unfocused playstyle with a few compelling moves, such as repeated footstooling with D-Air or creating an illusion with Side Special.
7. Villager: Mostly a prop-user like Game & Watch with a single compelling trap move in Timber.

8. Miis: The Brawler and the Sword-User are the epitome of generic, but the Gunner saves them from the bottom spot due to having some seemingly different projectile sprays.
9. Wii Fit Trainer: Completely generic run-of-the-mill rushdown fighter, a glorified Wire Frame with different animations. Her generic move buff could be sensibly given to any other character.

For unannounced newcomers, Chorus Men will probably fall somewhere in the top three, Chrom will probably fall somewhere within the bottom three barring something drastic, and Shulk will probably fall somewhere in the three to five range, maybe higher if Future Sight gets translated successfully.

For other newcomer candidates, Ridley could take the top spot if he's the largest character with unique command grabs and a flight mechanic (would otherwise be in the three to five range), ditto with K. Rool if he's a trap-laying, status effect-laying, camping heavyweight with agility (otherwise three to five range as well), and Isaac could take the runner-up spot if he used his Psynergy for gimping and stage control while summoning obstructive pillars from the ground (would otherwise be three to five range).

Last edited:

PsychoVillager

Smash Rookie
When can we be expecting another player announcement? They are usually revealing newcomers or veterans in special shows/moments so… Any idea? (About one month from last announcement in E3)

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
EVO? =D

Well Olimar was announced on the day EVO started last year, but it was Pikmin 3's japan release date as well anyway lol.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
When can we be expecting another player announcement? They are usually revealing newcomers or veterans in special shows/moments so… Any idea? (About one month from last announcement in E3)
If we use last E3 as a pattern, we'll get a new vet this friday

but we really have no idea for sure.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't understand how the hell Wii Fit Trainer is supposed to be built around rushdown tactics when clearly her moves are more tailered to space control.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Uniqueness:

1. Pac-Man: Has stand-out individual moves with his individual summons and a new playstyle by being a summoner. Earns this ranking largely by reaching outside of his own skillset to borrow Namco summons.
2. Mega Man: Same as Pac-Man, just to a lesser degree. His individual moves aren't as ground-breaking as Pac-Man's, but the concepts behind them (projectile jabs, one move comprising three inputs, projectile Smashes) surpass his.

3. Rosalina: Has a fascinating central mechanic with Luma, albeit with her moves being otherwise quite basic.
4. Little Mac: Same as Rosalina, albeit with less variation due to not being a magic space being.

5. Palutena: She gets a middling ranking here until more information is known. If she's a focused beam fighter with interesting moves, she could go as high as three, while if she's just all flash and no substance, she drops to seven or eight.
6. Greninja: An unfocused playstyle with a few compelling moves, such as repeated footstooling with D-Air or creating an illusion with Side Special.
7. Villager: Mostly a prop-user like Game & Watch with a single compelling trap move in Timber.

8. Miis: The Brawler and the Sword-User are the epitome of generic, but the Gunner saves them from the bottom spot due to having some seemingly different projectile sprays.
9. Wii Fit Trainer: Completely generic run-of-the-mill rushdown fighter, a glorified Wire Frame with different animations. Her generic move buff could be sensibly given to any other character.

For unannounced newcomers, Chorus Men will probably fall somewhere in the top three, Chrom will probably fall somewhere within the bottom three barring something drastic, and Shulk will probably fall somewhere in the three to five range, maybe higher if Future Sight gets translated successfully.
Chrom can end up revolving around slashing diagonally.:troll:

But seriously, an idea that I have for Chrom if he were to be a rushdown character is that he would have a meter similar to the EX meters that were introduced in Darkstalkers. for context, the meter system there consisted of 4 different bars making up one larger bar. One primarily build up the EX meter by successfully attacking the opponents. If one has enough meter to fill up a bar, one could do a EX version of a special move, which would be more powerful in terms of speed and strength and also have a few frames of full invincibility. If one had enough meter to fill out all four bars, one could do a super attack, which either consisted of temporary stat-boost for a prolonged time or allowing you to do a particular attack chain that cannot be escaped from. Maybe Chrom could have this?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
But seriously, an idea that I have for Chrom if he were to be a rushdown character is that he would have a meter similar to the EX meters that were introduced in Darkstalkers. for context, the meter system there consisted of 4 different bars making up one larger bar. One primarily build up the EX meter by successfully attacking the opponents. If one has enough meter to fill up a bar, one could do a EX version of a special move, which would be more powerful in terms of speed and strength and also have a few frames of full invincibility. If one had enough meter to fill out all four bars, one could do a super attack, which either consisted of temporary stat-boost for a prolonged time or allowing you to do a particular attack chain that cannot be escaped from. Maybe Chrom could have this?
Essentially, C.Viper in MvC3?

Louie G.

Smash Hero

The Chorus Kids are a rhythm based trio, requiring precise rhythmic button pressing and combo stringing in order to reach their true potential. Their specials involve pressing B in a 4/4 rhythm. Their other attacks can be used for combos; stringing them together in rhythm results in hard hitting attacks.

Entrance: A small stage appears on screen and the curtains part, revealing the three Chorus Kids. The third Kid is singing a long note while the other two stare at him disapprovingly.

Jab: When pressed with correct rhythm, each Chorus Kid will send a colorful note floating forward. The first three hits are small, soft notes. The final blow is a shockwave sent out by all the Kids singing at once.
Dash Attack: The Chorus Kids trip and fall. Essentially Kirby's Dash Attack from Smash 64.

Pummel: Front Chorus Kid slaps the opponent while the other two cheer him on from behind.
FThrow: Exhibition Match - The Chorus Kid throws the opponent lightly into the air as if pitching a ball to himself, following the pitch with a strong hit from a baseball bat.
UThrow: Crop Stomp - The Chorus Kid stomps on the ground, causing the opponent to be lifted slightly into the air. The Chorus Kid then grabs hold of the opponent again and throws him high up into the air.
DThrow: The opponent is thrown down on the ground and bounces back up.
BThrow: The opponent is passed back to each Chorus Kid and then thrown to the side when the end of the line is reached.

The Chorus Kids, when in the air, form a sort of wall. The Kids line up vertically and use their attacks simultaneously. This may seem very beneficial at first, but the Kids are very small to make up for it: they're about the size of one large character when lined up in the air.

Nair: Airboarder - The Chorus Kids hold on to boards under their feet and spin around once.
Fair: The Kids swing their heads forward. This can work as a meteor smash. Similar to Yoshi's Fair.
Uair: An upward kick with both feet.
Dair: The Chorus Kids spin downward. This is similar to Luigi's down aerial.
Bair: A drop kick to the back of the Kids. One of the most reliable kill moves in their moveset.

FTilt: Karate Man - A strong punch forward.
UTilt: Clappy Trio - The Kids clap above their heads.
DTilt: All of the Kids perform a low kick. Can force tripping.

FSmash: Big Rock Finish - A loud guitar riff is played by the Kids, sending a sound-wave in front of them.
USmash: Space Soccer - The Kids kick soccer balls high into the air. The move is a large disjointed hitbox, and has great vertical range.
DSmash: "Spin it Boys!' - The Kids spin around and create a small tornado surrounding them. This attack has some ending lag when the Chorus Kids stop spinning. Opponents can be sucked into the attack if close by.

NSpecial: Glee Club - The Chorus Kids strike a loud chord, sending a blue shockwave in three directions. You must press B in 4/4 rhythm for each of the Kids to join in. The first Kid sends a shockwave forward, the second in back, and the third above them. The shockwaves can form a barrier around the Chorus Kids if B is held down. Releasing the button causes the shockwaves to shoot in their respective directions.
SSpecial: Love Lab - A test tube filled with a red chemical is passed down from Kid to Kid by pressing B in 4/4 rhythm. With the first three beats, the tube is spawned and passed to the end. On the last beat, the Kid on the end tosses the tube forward, causing an effect to the victim. The effects go in a set order: Burn, Freeze, Spike. Spike in the air causes a meteor smash, and on the ground causes the opponent to be buried.
USpecial: Micro Row - The Chorus Kids squish down and charge up a boost that's direction can be changed while the boosts occur. Pressing B in time with the 4/4 beat can result in up to three boosts. This is purely for recovering purposes, as it doesn't cause any damage.
DSpecial: Tap Troupe - The Chorus Kids stomp on the ground, causing a small earthquake around their feet a la DK. To keep the quake going, B must be tapped in a syncopated 4/4 rhythm. If used in the air, Tap Troupe can result in a spike if sweet spotted.
Final Smash: DJ School - The Chorus Kids got a hold of DJ Yellow's DJ equipment, and use it to cause a big shockwave comparable to Tabuu's. One Kid is on the turntables, one is holding the mic, and the other is sitting on a speaker. One Kid scratches the records at the same time as another screams into the mic, causing said shockwave that can cause some damage, but mainly pushes the opponents off the stage.

UTaunt: The Kids "beam with pride", smiling with their hands on their hips and glowing yellow.
STaunt: The third Kid yawns and stretches, his big mouth agape. While he smacks his lips, his partners glare.
DTaunt: The third Kid makes a goofy face while the other two glare at him. He turns to them and immediately stops and gets back into position.

Winning Animations:
1. The trio runs in and sings their victory theme, striking a victorious pose when done. A crowd cheers as the Kids bow.
2. One Kid is held on the other two's shoulders and occasionally bounced, while the three smile happily.
3. The Kids "beam with pride", smiling with their hands on their hips and glowing yellow.

Losing Animation:
The third Kid claps rapidly with a huge grin on his face, while the other two glare at their energetic partner, clapping slowly and unenthusiastically.

I even linked the minigames referenced for those unfamiliar. Hopefully that helps visualize their moveset even more.
Here's my Chorus Kid moveset. Hopefully this can turn some opinions on the Kids around.

They really have the potential to be one of the most fun and creative characters on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom