• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
am i the only one who wants (even tho it will never ever happen) miku hatsune in smash? i just know it would sell alot of wii u . i also (more likely and want more) king k rool, krystal, another zelda rep. (ghirahim?) , and most importantly i want magikarp cause he is the shiz. they would have to tone down hiss op moves tho. :129: #magikarp4smash
You are probably the only person here who legitimately wants Miku in Smash Bros.
I would love to see it simply because it would be hilarious.

I automatically like you because Ghirahim.

Also, I agree, Magikarp is a character with a lot of potential. His Final Smash could be him transforming into Gyarados, but I feel like that would make him weaker.

Last edited:

nintendotaku

Smash Rookie
Nope, I'd love to see her in too, I just keep to actively supporting characters that actually have a chance, as seen through my sig. :troll:
awesome :3 anyone for magikarp and his deadly splash attacks? :bluejump: <----- he would splash in his opponents blood just like that.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Warning Received
awesome :3 anyone for magikarp and his deadly splash attacks? :bluejump: <----- he would splash in his opponents blood just like that.
- Please do not post a post consisting solely of an image. -

- The Mod Squad -

Last edited by a moderator:

nintendotaku

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
dont underestimate magikarp. hes a violent killer!

You are probably the only person here who legitimately wants Miku in Smash Bros.
I would love to see it simply because it would be hilarious.

I automatically like you because Ghirahim.

Also, I agree, Magikarp is a character with a lot of potential. His Final Smash could be him transforming into Gyarados, but I feel like that would make him weaker.
yep. im not the only one. and u unlock her after listening ( or unlocking idk) 20 songs!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The only correct rhythm character(s) for Smash would be the Ounedan/Elite Beat Agents.

Like, we could legitimately have Jumping Jack Flash in a Smash game. THIS IS WORTH MORE THAN 5 NEWCOMERS

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
am i the only one who wants (even tho it will never ever happen) miku hatsune in smash? i know it would sell alot of wii u . i also (more likely and want more) king k rool, krystal, another zelda rep. (ghirahim?) , and most importantly i want magikarp cause he is the shiz. they would have to tone down hiss op moves tho. :129: #magikarp4smash
I would love to see Miku (and potential Vocaloid content) in Smash. Feel free to check out the Mike support thread if you'd like to share ideas and whatnot. free advertising!

And I just remembered Project Mirai Remix (3rd game in the rhythm-based series starring Miku for 3DS) is coming out sometime 2015 and will have a Western release. This will be the first time Miku will appear on a Nintendo console outside of Japan. Not that I think Miku's gonna appear in Smash, however, it's nice to see the series getting localized.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
NO A BUTTONS FOR MAGIKARP! HE IS TOO GOOD FOR THAT!:129:= master race
For a final smash, an old rod could appear with the fishing line fishing offscreen.
"...Oh! A pokemon is on the hook!"
A colossal wave of magikarp then proceeds to consume the screen, killing everyone, destroying the stage, and crashing the game.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
The reality of the situation is that no Fire Emblem character has objective evidence in their favor. Your sentiment is completely and utterly arbitrary. If you can cite anything that makes Chrom the "obvious choice," you would be the first.
Marth and Ike says : Hi....and Chrome despite being hated by some, he has so many fangirls to not be considered. And by now I'd believe anything from the Gematsu Leak...

nintendotaku

Smash Rookie
I would love to see Miku (and potential Vocaloid content) in Smash. Feel free to check out the Mike support thread if you'd like to share ideas and whatnot. free advertising!

And I just remembered Project Mirai Remix (3rd game in the rhythm-based series starring Miku for 3DS) is coming out sometime 2015 and will have a Western release. This will be the first time Miku will appear on a Nintendo console outside of Japan. Not that I think Miku's gonna appear in Smash, however, it's nice to see the series getting localized.
ill check that out. btw mirai means future right? i watched mirai nikki (future diary) so.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
For a final smash, an old rod could appear with the fishing line fishing offscreen.
"...Oh! A pokemon is on the hook!"
A colossal wave of magikarp then proceeds to consume the screen, killing everyone, destroying the stage, and crashing the game.
We have a winner here people. ^^^

Morbi

Scavenger
Marth and Ike says : Hi....and Chrome despite being hated by some, he has so many fangirls to not be considered. And by now I'd believe anything from the Gematsu Leak...
Their evidence of inclusion is that notion that they are included, eh? :yeahboi:

I should have asserted, "Fire Emblem newcomer." I apologize, please understand.

Last edited:

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Ok, I suppose the magikarp spam should stop and the thread get back to disscussing. :drifloon:

So, what other [reasonable] Pokémon characters would you guys like to see in Smash?

Personally, I'd like to see Hoenn get representation. Sceptile is cool, but ones like Absol or Flygon would also be pretty sweet.

Last edited:

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
I'm just done with the Pokemon. It's too much, I can't handle it. I really don't want anymore Pokemon newcomers, so long as we get Jigglypuff back I'm good as far as Pokemon goes.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Ok, I suppose the magikarp spam should stop and the thread get back to disscussing. :drifloon:

So, what other [reasonable] Pokémon characters would you guys like to see in Smash?

Personally, I'd like to see Hoenn get representation. Sceptile is cool, but ones like Absol or Flygon would also be pretty sweet.
I think Spinda would be pretty neat.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Time to un-derail this thread...

Mewtwo and Jigglypuff can coexist. :chuckle:
Wow, this brings me back to the ol' Roster Prediction Discussion Thread...
That's not a good thing.

@ EbonyRubberWolf EbonyRubberWolf

Wait I take it back.
We probably don't want to go back to that discussion from a few days ago...
They can coexist, so long as two other characters get cut, Mario gets a rep, and then the door is open for Mewtwo. So, which two go? Here're the contestants:

- Ice Climbers
- R.O.B.
- Mr. Game and Watch
- Capt. Falcon
- Ness
- Falco
- Wolf
- Wario
- Meta Knight
- Ganondorf

Last edited:

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
I'm just done with the Pokemon. It's too much, I can't handle it. I really don't want anymore Pokemon newcomers, so long as we get Jigglypuff back I'm good as far as Pokemon goes.
I wasn't asking if you expected any pokémon to join the existing roster, just if you had any opinions/suggestions on ones that could exist in the future. :)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
They can coexist, so long as two other characters get cut, Mario gets a rep, and then the door is open for Mewtwo. So, which two go? Here're the contestants:

- Ice Climbers
- R.O.B.
- Mr. Game and Watch
- Capt. Falcon
- Ness
- Falco
- Wolf
- Wario
- Meta Knight
- Ganondorf
How about no one is cut for them? It's not exactly pushing the limits to have both present, and a new Mario character isn't necessary.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
They can coexist, so long as two other characters get cut, Mario gets a rep, and then the door is open for Mewtwo. So, which two go?
Captain Falcon and Ness get cut, and Mario gets Honey Queen as the sixth rep (as all the other potential Mario characters are too obvious and popular).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Son of a ***** I was kidding.

You don't play as slots. You play as characters.
If a Mewtwo deserves it then Sakurai will add him in if he feels like it. Simple as that. And he does deserve it.

And that roster size rumor is pretty much bull**** anyway. Slots change size as you unlock other characters. Slots will shrink in size and there will be more room on the roster.

I think 48 slots is very likely but it's not impossible to get more.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

- Ice Climbers
- R.O.B.
- Mr. Game and Watch
- Capt. Falcon
- Ness
- Falco
- Wolf
- Wario
- Meta Knight
- Ganondorf
I don't think none of them need to go because i don't believe the 47+ random theory, let's just leave it at that.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
How about no one is cut for them? It's not exactly pushing the limits to have both present, and a new Mario character isn't necessary.
That's the circumstances that I'm setting. I'm not even bringing Mario Theory into this, as I believe that to be as good as gold. Gematsu's silence regarding any other newcomer or returning character backs me up on this(Gematsu discussion incoming?).

Captain Falcon and Ness get cut, and Mario gets Honey Queen as the sixth rep (as all the other potential Mario characters are too obvious and popular).
Don't know her, but it sounds interesting enough. Vespiquen is among my favorite Pokemon, and a swarm-style fighter could be an intriguing addition.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Don't know her, but it sounds interesting enough. Vespiquen is among my favorite Pokemon, and a swarm-style fighter could be an intriguing addition.
I was messing with you, dude. If Captain Falcon and Ness were cut and Honey Queen from SMG was added, the internet would probably just explode in all regions.
My point is that there's no need for a sixth Mario character, or two cuts, just to add Mewtwo.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
That's the circumstances that I'm setting. I'm not even bringing Mario Theory into this, as I believe that to be as good as gold. Gematsu's silence regarding any other newcomer or returning character backs me up on this(Gematsu discussion incoming?).

I find it hard to believe that a theory based on an arbitrary pattern is as good as gold. I think the Mario theory is just as valid as the theory that every Smash introduces a new Star Fox character. In other words, I think it means nothing.

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
Hahahaha! Seeing a Magikarp beat up Ganondorf with splash in a full out brawl would be hilarious! To be honest I never understood why Magikarp was never a pokeball. Like seriously, :118: who do you think you are stealing :129:'s signature move and taking the spotlight?

Last edited:

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427

Sarcasm. Nintendo put her in Mariokart 7 for whatever reason, so the fandom refers to her as a joke character, lol. But its cool, just a misunderstanding. :p

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't asking if you expected any pokémon to join the existing roster, just if you had any opinions/suggestions on ones that could exist in the future. :)
Sorry, I misunderstood. I don't have any good ideas for potential Pokemon newcomers, in fact I really don't want to see any newcomers because at that point the amount of Pokemon characters will be so large that a few cuts will have to be made. I'd be perfectly fine if Super Smash Bros. 5's Pokemon roster was only veterans, so long as they were all tweaked in some way.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
I find it hard to believe that a theory based on an arbitrary pattern is as good as gold. I think the Mario theory is just as valid as the theory that every Smash introduces a new Star Fox character. In other words, I think it means nothing.
Fair enough. We'll shift discussion then. What do you make of the utter silence regarding newcomers as far as the Gematsu leak? 11 newcomers and then a dead halt to communications. Add Rosalina, and that makes twelve. For a fighter to get twelve newcomers at once is very impressive. This also seems to tie in with Sakurai's belief that Smash is reaching its maximum capacity regarding quantity of characters and his renewed focus on quality(or other modes, can't rule that out). A 47 character roster is huge among fighting games, and very few can boast more. It's also well within the range of newcomer addition numbers(+13-14(depending on if you count Sheik/Zelda as two separate reps) from 64 to Melee, +10-13(again, dependent on how one interprets multiple characters with regard to slots) from Melee to Brawl, +12 from Brawl to Smash 4).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom