• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Anyone who claims that Toon Link is too similar to Link is only taking moveset into account.

Toon Link is smaller, faster, looks different, and is overall better than normal Link.

When you ignore the fact that they share a moveset, you're playing as a completely different character.
They share little to no similarities otherwise.
This has to be the stupidest comment I read in a while...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Here are a few changes for three veterans that I feel should have a few changes:

Meta Knight
Obviously, the shuttleloop will change as the glicing mechanic is now gone.
So many typos. Does your browser have a spellchecker that can be used by right-clicking?

And is the gliding mechanic really gone for everyone, or just Pit? Still don't know...

Wario
I feel a redesign of Wario is in order. While the character is good, I am not a fan of his spotty animations and generally wierdness. I feel he should move more naturally and, as a result, move more slowly.
To be honest, I actually like the way he was presented in Brawl. Kind of...bizarre.

A useless gimmick I thought of a while back had to do with Wario getting transformations from being hit with certain moves.

Ganondorf
I feel his model should be him raising his sword up high and looking at it with his tougne out.
But that would make him look silly. :<

Ganondorf, IMO, needs a massive overhaul that incorporates both swordsmanship and magic. This can be done in two ways:
If I had my way, I'd put in two Ganondorfs: the familiar "Captain Ganon", but Luigified a bit, and a swordfighter Ganondorf with a new moveset.

Not exactly sure how to give criticism on this...sorry.

Last edited:

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
Here are a few changes for three veterans that I feel should have a few changes:

Meta Knight
Appearance wise, Meta Knight should stay the same except for more of a HD look. His model should be him with his wings spread out while jumping into the air while raising his blade. A potential alternate costume could include Galaxia Knight or Yarn Meta Knight.

Game play wise, I think nerfing him or changing his metagame would be helpful. Obviously, the shuttleloop will change as the glicing mechanic is now gone. I feel Shuttle Loop can stay but it will cause Meta Knight to move in a general direction for a period of time and then enter into a freefall state. I also feel the horizontal movement of Drill Rush and Mach Tornado should be limited as well. Galaxia Cape should remain with not too many changes,

Wario
I think Wario should retain his usual Wario design with his WarioWare costume as a an alternate costume. His model should be him holding out his stomach while patting it and laughing.

I feel a redesign of Wario is in order. While the character is good, I am not a fan of his spotty animations and generally wierdness. I feel he should move more naturally and, as a result, move more slowly. I do like his height though and feel that helps him out. I feel his Wario Waft and Wario Bike should remain while his Chomp and Corkscrew should be removed. I would like to see some elements from the Wario Land game sincluded. Two attacks I feel could benefit Wario would be the Earthquake Punch (charging it could be done by shaking the controller) for his Nuetral Special and Blast-O-Cannon's for his Recovery Up Special. I do feel Wario Man should remain though with a slight buff.

Ganondorf
Design wise, I feel Ganondorf would benefit a mixture between his OoT and TT design with a bit of a Demise motiff. Make him more leaner while retaining his power. In SSBB, he looks rather out of shape while Melee, he looks too weak. I would also suggest having him emit powerful magical effects from his as a way to make him more imposing. I feel his model should be him raising his sword up high and looking at it with his tougne out. His left hand is pulsates with dark magic. While a potential alt costume could be Demise, I feel this might be uneeded. An alt costume could be something based of his Wind Waker model.

Ganondorf, IMO, needs a massive overhaul that incorporates both swordsmanship and magic. This can be done in two ways:

- Make him utilize both swordsmanship and magic attacks. This can be done by replacing several of his pre-existing move to incorporate his sword.
- Make him be able to change between magic or sword via taunt or special attack. I would suggest the taunt option.

I lean towards the later as it keeps his current move set which isn't horrible though I feel it should be tweaked. He could pull out his sword during a taunt and then keep his special. As a swordfighter, he would use magic-infused powerful attacks with his sword. Here is a list of special moves I feel could benefit him:

Neutral: Demon Blade (Slashes forward with his sword and creates a gust of dark magic. Can be charged)
Side: King Charge (Ganondorf will charge forward. Holding down B increases his speed during the charge. Connecting with the opponent causes him to slash his sword forward)
Up: Dark Spin (similar to Link's Spin Attak but lacks the vertical distance. It also does more damage and a wider range aof attack)
Down: Sword Quake (Slams his sword in the ground which can stun nearby enemies).

As I said before, his current moveset is ok but I would prefer to see a more cannon move set. This could be incorporated into his magic move set:

Neutral: Dead Mans Volley (charges and throws a dark sphere. It can be reflected back by characters if they hit it. Each reflection increases the damage done)
Side: Flame Choke (could cause more potential knock back much like in P:M)
Up B: Dark Hover (Uses magic to levitate himself and blast himself into the air.)
Down B: Shadow Beast (summons a Shadow Beast which runs out and attacks the enemy).

This declones Ganondorf but effectively giving him a similar moveset albeit his Neutral special is greatly changed. As well, I think the Beast Ganon FS is good but one more like is OoT incarnation would be great as well as the ability to be controlled would be great.

Thoughts?

You have great suggestions for those veterans, they are all amazing ideas. I ultimately agree with what your implying in animation-wise reference. I will speak, now, in terms of designs and general abilities, I will start with meta knight.

Meta Knight:

Meta knights design in brawl was a little too simplified for me in brawl. I believe he should have more color implied into his costume, more of a war-like material to go with his fierceness that inst really shown in the game. Shingles could be attached to his cape to show leadership. As we all know, the new game will be simplified generally in terms of color and a more washable look. Since his colors will be lighter, his face plate should be tweaked with, as if to look a little more upset, to give a feeling of "Whoa" to the user. What I think would be nice is if his sword had more detail, like more jewels crafted into it with dark abilities. Speaking of which, I feel like his abilities are incomplete. Instead of simple slashes and dashes, more of that boom crackle pop type of stuff. His sword could light up within slicing, or his cape could engulf an opposing user, as ideas.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Wario
I think Wario should retain his usual Wario design with his WarioWare costume as a an alternate costume. His model should be him holding out his stomach while patting it and laughing.

I feel a redesign of Wario is in order. While the character is good, I am not a fan of his spotty animations and generally wierdness. I feel he should move more naturally and, as a result, move more slowly. I do like his height though and feel that helps him out. I feel his Wario Waft and Wario Bike should remain while his Chomp and Corkscrew should be removed. I would like to see some elements from the Wario Land game sincluded. Two attacks I feel could benefit Wario would be the Earthquake Punch (charging it could be done by shaking the controller) for his Nuetral Special and Blast-O-Cannon's for his Recovery Up Special. I do feel Wario Man should remain though with a slight buff.
I'm just gonna give my input on Wario. I disagree that his usual costume should be his default one instead of the biker one. Firstly, he's representing his own series, in which Warioware is much more significant now. To the character's own creators, his biker outfit is the default outfit, so I feel it's best to go with what they want for the character. Moreover, it helps distinct the character from Mario, because the Wario series is arguably the most disconnected to Mario out of the sub-franchises.

Fair enough on the animation, but I feel it's consistent with his character, and goes well with his moveset design of being unpredictable and incredibly zany. He moves that way in Warioware, so it makes sense for me. I'm curious on why you want to get rid of the chomp? No other character has a command grab that is so versatile in its usage, and it's not like it's out of place either, since it came from Wario World. (There's also a microgame about Wario chomping down a hotdog). I can understand wanting the corkscrew gone but it's not like there's any viable substitute for an Up B. The Blast-O-Cannon (i had to google what this is because i had no idea it even had a name) sounds a bit too random for my liking and incosistent with his design, plus Wario is unique in that his recovery depends on what options he has available. Going with that, I think having the corkscrew not covering much distance to be a good idea, and it encourages you to manage the bike better as the move has a lot of usage. I honestly disagree on having Wario Land influence since it just mixes up with the rest of his current design, and whatever subtle reference that the series has in his current moveset is enough in my opinion, as someone who considers Wario Land his favorite franchise.

I feel like I say this a lot as is, but Wario is perfectly fine in my opinion. I wasn't initially a fan of him in Brawl, as a huge Wario fan, but the more I played him the more I realize the amount of detial and care put into his design and animations. I'd be incredibly sad if they gave him any significant change, especially to his specials which I feel has perfect synergy with each other.

Last edited:

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
Have you ever played Toon Link?
He feels nothing like Link.

Your comment on my comment being stupid in itself is a stupid comment.

well, it is kind of questionable if you think about it. There are a lot of factors about him that make him a clone-like character, he is the same thing as link. The only differences are that he is small and cartoony

Louie G.

Smash Hero
He just feels so different than Link.

I doubt I'm the only person who thinks that Toon Link feels unique even though you're simply playing as a small Link.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Here's a game to pass the time. Let's say you're the person in charge of Smash 4, but Nintendo wants to pull a SFIII, and asks you to dump ten of the Brawl characters, and add twenty newcomers. Make a roster based off of this.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

I doubt I'm the only person who thinks that Toon Link feels unique even though you're simply playing as a small Link.
As long you play one you will discard the other because in the end of the day one will be inferior....so it doesn't matter if they feel different what matters if you are willing to play both of them in regular basis, Different move sets is what matters...stop giving clones excuses, the only excuses for clones is to cut down development time,fill the roster with fodder, and ease the balancing.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

You're not the only one.

Toon Link does have various differences and properties in his moveset versus Link. The moves may be the same, but the Specials act differently, for example, and other things like fall speed, jumps, etc., makes him feel different than Link for me. And because of that, Toon Link's gameplay differs a bit.

That being said, I've always wanted Toon Link to be de-cloned (though I was very skeptical when it came to this, regarding what Sakurai said about Toon Link in the past. I have no idea why Sakurai thinks Toon Link's Specials must be the same as Link's... while he could change his mind about Villager and Miis inclusions).
I wonder what's going to happen with the custom moves for :4link: and :4tlink:though...

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
So, who will you all be maining/having fun with in the upcoming smash bros game?
My Mains will be:4myfriends::4peach::4pacman::4palutena::4zelda::4link::4littlemac::4kirby::4zss::4mii::4pit::4samus::rosalina::4greninja::4wiifit::4yoshi::4luigi:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Here's a game to pass the time. Let's say you're the person in charge of Smash 4, but Nintendo wants to pull a SFIII, and asks you to dump ten of the Brawl characters, and add twenty newcomers. Make a roster based off of this.
Cuts::falco::ivysaur::ike::jigglypuff::lucas::snake::squirtle::lucario::sheik::toonlink:
Add: :4greninja::4megaman::4mii::4palutena::4pacman::rosalina::4villager::4wiifit::mewtwopm:, Chorus Kids, Shulk, Chrom, Sylveon, Impa, K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac, Andy, Mach Rider and Paper Mario.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So many typos. Does your browser have a spellchecker that can be used by right-clicking?
Most Japanese computers don't have English spell-checking :/. Plus keyboards here are a bit different. Even MS Word doesn't. I was able to enable an English spellchecker for my Japanese laptop but the work computer doesn't have one. Goes to show how dependent we are on the spellchecker.

Japanese keyboards are also strange as they keys are a bit different so when you switch the keyboard to English, it reverts to the actual keyboard. So pressing a key on the keyboard inputs something different. Can be frustrating at times

And is the gliding mechanic really gone for everyone, or just Pit? Still don't know...
Yeah, it hasn't been confirmed that the gliding mechanic is gone but considering that Pit doesn't have it; I feel there is a good chance that the gliding mechanic will be eventually removed. That is my feeling on the issue.

To be honest, I actually like the way he was presented in Brawl. Kind of...bizarre.
It was ok but it largely turned me off. Personally, I would prefer a Wario like this:

Combined with the craziness of SSBB Wario.

A useless gimmick I thought of a while back had to do with Wario getting transformations from being hit with certain moves.
I thought it was a waste they did not include more Wario Land aspects. I know SSB focuses on WarioWare but I would still like to see some Wario Land aspects being represented. Especially since Shake It! is the newest one.

But that would make him look silly. :<
You think so? I think it is important to make Ganondorf has menacing as possible. As of right now, he doesn't really have much of an impact in the SSB series. He has only one Ganondorf and that's frowny Ganondorf. What ever happened to this ganondorf? Or this Ganondorf? He barely has any personality and it's my hopes that he is given a very menacing and destructive personality rather than a grim and calculating one like in SSBB. Then again, I am a fan of OoT Ganondorf over TP Ganondorf.

If I had my way, I'd put in two Ganondorfs: the familiar "Captain Ganon", but Luigified a bit, and a swordfighter Ganondorf with a new moveset.
Than people will be complaining of a roster slot lol.

You have great suggestions for those veterans, they are all amazing ideas. I ultimately agree with what your implying in animation-wise reference. I will speak, now, in terms of designs and general abilities, I will start with meta knight.

Meta Knight:

Meta knights design in brawl was a little too simplified for me in brawl. I believe he should have more color implied into his costume, more of a war-like material to go with his fierceness that inst really shown in the game. Shingles could be attached to his cape to show leadership. As we all know, the new game will be simplified generally in terms of color and a more washable look. Since his colors will be lighter, his face plate should be tweaked with, as if to look a little more upset, to give a feeling of "Whoa" to the user. What I think would be nice is if his sword had more detail, like more jewels crafted into it with dark abilities. Speaking of which, I feel like his abilities are incomplete. Instead of simple slashes and dashes, more of that boom crackle pop type of stuff. His sword could light up within slicing, or his cape could engulf an opposing user, as ideas.
Thanks. I would agree with adding more to Meta Knight but his design is already pretty simple as it is. Most Kirby characters are. I would think we would see Meta Knight with possibly some Dark Meta Knight elements (if Dark Meta Knight is not an alt costume).

I'm just gonna give my input on Wario. I disagree that his usual costume should be his default one instead of the biker one. Firstly, he's representing his own series, in which Warioware is much more significant now. To the character's own creators, his biker outfit is the default outfit, so I feel it's best to go with what they want for the character. Moreover, it helps distinct the character from Mario, because the Wario series is arguably the most disconnected to Mario out of the sub-franchises.
I see your point with that. I just always felt that having his default be the WarioWare outfit as a strange move seeing as how Wario is more identifiable in his purple yellow drags.

Fair enough on the animation, but I feel it's consistent with his character, and goes well with his moveset design of being unpredictable and incredibly zany. He moves that way in Warioware, so it makes sense for me. I'm curious on why you want to get rid of the chomp? No other character has a command grab that is so versatile in its usage, and it's not like it's out of place either, since it came from Wario World. (There's also a microgame about Wario chomping down a hotdog). I can understand wanting the corkscrew gone but it's not like there's any viable substitute for an Up B. The Blast-O-Cannon (i had to google what this is because i had no idea it even had a name) sounds a bit too random for my liking and incosistent with his design, plus Wario is unique in that his recovery depends on what options he has available. Going with that, I think having the corkscrew not covering much distance to be a good idea, and it encourages you to manage the bike better as the move has a lot of usage. I honestly disagree on having Wario Land influence since it just mixes up with the rest of his current design, and whatever subtle reference that the series has in his current moveset is enough in my opinion, as someone who considers Wario Land his favorite franchise.
I was never of a fan of it but you make a great case for it. I honestly won't be upset to see it gone and would prefer a more damaging move to replace it. However, Wario is still a great character and I would be sad if removing the Chomp attack utlimately makes him a poor character gameplay wise. As for Corkscrew, it is just a horrible move all round. It doesn't need to have any vertical buffs but it really has no redeemed features. I feel Wario could benefit from a new recovery move that may not have neough vertical recover distance but adds a little more punch to the character as well as being versatile and helpful for the character. I felt the Blast-o-Cannon could give Wario a slight increase in his recovery abilities as well as the ability to use his recovery for more destructive purposes. Imagine using the cannon to fire Wario at an opponent who was knocked off the ledge?

like I say this a lot as is, but Wario is perfectly fine in my opinion. I wasn't initially a fan of him in Brawl, as a huge Wario fan, but the more I played him the more I realize the amount of detial and care put into his design and animations. I'd be incredibly sad if they gave him any significant change, especially to his specials which I feel has perfect synergy with each other.
Wario is perfectly fine as he is. That is why he ranks fairly high on tier lists and is considered an overall good character. I would personally be fine if they left his moveset the way it is but I would like to see the character tweaked visually to a combination of the crazy SSBB and the more realistic Wario Land.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I couldn't do it. Couldn't even make 40 without pulling things like "White Tanooki Mario" or "Lucky Cat Mario"....
Me and the people in my call attempted to brainstorm this, I think we did pretty terribly, but it was fun!

Mario-plain old mario
Gold mario-attacks with coins and golden items
Metal mario
Tanooki mario
Dr mario
Paper mario
Striker mario
Baby mario
Tennis mario-wears tennis gear and volleys for attacks
Kart mario- rides a kart and attacks with mk items
Classic mario
Fire mario
Ice mario
Jump man
Wrecking crew mario
Referee mario
Boo mario
Baby mario mounting yoshi
Adult mario mounting yoshi
Baby mario+ luigi -partners in time/icies style
Fludd mario
Frog mario
Red flying galaxy mario
Cape mario
Vanish cap mario
Mini mario
Blue shell mario
Hammer bro mario
Spring mario-throws himself at foes
Cannonhead mario
Penguin mario
Double cherry mario- lots of Marios means lots of gimmick moves
Propeller mario
Boomerang suit mario
Koribo shoe mario
Rock mario
Cloud mario
Bee mario
Wing cap mario
Mario party 2 mario- wears mp2 costumes and uses mario party minigames for moves
Mario rpg mario-uses mario rpg allies star mario
Balloon mario
Mario paint mario
Live action mario
Cdi mario
Super show mario
Ron jeremario
Educational mario
Typing mario
Hockey mario
Olympics mario
Baseball mario
Basketball mario
Mario minis
Drill mario
Carrot mario
Dead mario
Cereal box mario
Plushie mario
Candy mario
Action figure mario
DDR mario
Comic mario
Doki doki mario
Spectator mario from super star
Mountain mario from pilot wings
Bowling mario
Maintanence mario from back of Super Nintendo console
Robot chicken mario
Wario in Mario's clothes
Bowling pin mario
Claw game mario both from mario party minigames
Bowser suit mario
Talon from Oot

Edit: did this all on mobile switching to the Skype app to copy down the Mario. It was painful but worth it

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So, who will you all be maining/having fun with in the upcoming smash bros game?
Same as Brawl/PM probably (they're in my signature) minus Ivysaur, so I'm probably going to be one main short actually. Greninja looks like a neat alt at best, but that's all I'm getting from the newcomer cast.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One thing I have to say is her face, its emotionless. She smiles a faint smile throughout the entire game, I think she needs to express her self more. And I wish she had more detailed hair, it seems like a big green blob floppin' around.
It's very hard to animate hair, even when making computer-animated movies.

mkwLM

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight requires a delicate touch. He's meant to be cool, yes, but only to the extent that a character from the Kirby series can be "cool," and coolness is not really the point of that series. Giving him even more hardened tough-guy features would verge on ridiculous.
I will agree that his moves could use more aesthetic flavor. So far, SSB4 has been an improvement in that department overall compared to Brawl, so I'm optimistic.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Cut - :gw::rob::snake::sonic::squirtle::ike::toonlink::popo::jigglypuff::lucas:

Add - :4villager::rosalina::4megaman::4palutena::4mii::4littlemac:Chrom, Dixie Kong, K.Rool, Ghirahim, Black Shadow, Tharja, Micaiah, Lightning (FF13), and more that I cannot think off.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
My Mains will be:4myfriends::4peach::4pacman::4palutena::4zelda::4link::4littlemac::4kirby::4zss::4mii::4pit::4samus::rosalina::4greninja::4wiifit::4yoshi::4luigi:
As of now?:4littlemac:

Holy crap you guys have so many mains.

Just waiting on :wario:, my man. But Little Mac is a strong secondary since I always main or second the boxers.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm probably just going to main :4tlink::4villager: and :ness2::mewtwopm: if they return.

That's more or less it, really. Though I will regularly play the others.... :T

mkwLM

Smash Rookie
Cut:
:rob::ike::lucario::snake::sonic::lucas::charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::sheik:
Add:
:4littlemac::4megaman::4pacman::4palutena::rosalina::4villager: Impa, Robin, Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool, Waluigi, Ghirahim, Chrom, Krystal, Isaac, Balloon Fighter, Shulk, Dillon, and the dude from Wonderful 101. Or something like that.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Most Japanese computers don't have English spell-checking :/. Plus keyboards here are a bit different. Even MS Word doesn't. I was able to enable an English spellchecker for my Japanese laptop but the work computer doesn't have one. Goes to show how dependent we are on the spellchecker.

Japanese keyboards are also strange as they keys are a bit different so when you switch the keyboard to English, it reverts to the actual keyboard. So pressing a key on the keyboard inputs something different. Can be frustrating at times
Really? I don't recall them being all that difficult, sure it takes a bit of getting used to, but it's fine after the initial weirdness. Also I don't ever remember not having a spell checker at my disposal, be it my Japanese Mac at home, or even many different crappy PCs at work.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Really? I don't recall them being all that difficult, sure it takes a bit of getting used to, but it's fine after the initial weirdness. Also I don't ever remember not having a spell checker at my disposal, be it my Japanese Mac at home, or even many different crappy PCs at work.
I'm working with some pretty crappy PC's at my schools. There aren't any spell checkers to my knowledge. My laptop didn't have a spellchecker until I installed one. My problem with Japanese keyboards is when you make the switch from Japanese to English, the keys get switched around. It can get confusing, especially if you are short on time.

Back to characters...

It just occurred to me that Ganondorf could easily go the Palutena/Mii way and his different special moves could be a sword fighting play style. While not extremely likely, it could work.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
It just occurred to me that Ganondorf could easily go the Palutena/Mii way and his different special moves could be a sword fighting play style. While not extremely likely, it could work.
In my ideal world, Ganondorf would get an anti-Palutena moveset, Black Shadow would be confirmed to take his Melee moves, and Pig Ganon would be confirmed as a Zelda newcomer.

I can dream...

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
People are mean to R.O.B
Sure nobody expected him but he's very fun to play as

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
If Ganondorf gets a complete overhaul, I'd at least like for the old moveset to be DLC if it isn't on the main game in some way. I also don't want Black Shadow to inherit, as I don't care for Black Shadow.

Staarih

Smash Master
The whole customization aspect works well for Ganondorf (and other characters too) because it allows him not only to keep his original moveset (or parts of it) but also add in a completely new one, and to top that off, you can mix and match them both with each other. But I'd hope for his default moves to get a complete overhaul though (so I can use it online haha) and have the old moves as custom options or something.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I came up with an interesting theory yesterday. I don't know if I'm looking too far into things or not but bear with me.

We all remember Sakurai's Ice Cimbers comment, correct?
"multiple character” combatants like the Ice Climbers were proving a technical challenge on the 3DS.
Combatants (plural), LIKE the Ice Climbers.
The way that this was mentioned makes it sound like Sakurai was talking about multiple character partnerships, rather than simply Ice Climbers.

So unless he just meant Olimar, a Sakurai could have inadvertently hinted at another partnership.

The obvious answer for me is Chorus Kids.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If he has to have a sword I think it'd be most important for it to be utilized with his A moves, I don't see how it would fit in with his recovery other than giving him Marth's Up-B, and Dead Man's Volley seems like the obvious choice for a standard B move if he receives a rework, only leaving two special slots open, so I don't think it works well for customization.

I came up with an interesting theory yesterday. I don't know if I'm looking too far into things or not but bear with me.

The way that this was mentioned makes it sound like Sakurai was talking about multiple character partnerships, rather than simply Ice Climbers.

So unless he just meant Olimar, a Sakurai could have inadvertently hinted at another partnership.

Couldn't it also refer to characters that used to transform, like Pokémon Trainer, Zelda/Shiek and Samus/ZSS? The wording makes it sound like it could refer to both, but of course we don't have the original Japanese quote.

Not that I doubt Chorus Men, but it's probably a bit too early to jump to conclusions in regards to their playstyle, especially since Ice Climbers actually caused problems, likely leading to a gameplay change on their front.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Chorus Kids, I would imagine, never stray far from each other.
They stay together all the time, performing the same actions in synch or one right after the other.

I can't imagine Chorus Kids playing like Ice Climbers at all. My idea is that they are programmed as one character, but look like three seperate models.

So in reality the Ice Climber comparison is simply an illusion.
I don't know, that's just my idea. It's pointless to make them separate like Ice Climbers as most of the rhythm mechanics wouldn't really work that way.

And @ MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees , the comparison to Ice Climbers makes me doubt that he meant transformations.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Eh, these conversations suck. Let's talk about something new.

So, Splatoon and STEAM were shown off at E3, with us having no prior knowledge of them. Is it possible Sakurai will pull a Roy, and add an Inkling or Bill Rizer a STEAM character to advertise them more? Or are we ignoring the fact and saying something like that will never happen? Personally, I think we have an inkling i'msosorry of a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom